• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meet Jonathan Pollak

oneworld2

Handsome Pitbull
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Jonathan Pollak is an Israeli born Palestinian rights protester. He has just served nearly two months detention in an Israeli detention centre for taking part in Palestinian demonstrations against Israeli policies against the Palestinians .

During his detention, Pollak refused to pay a NIS 500 bail (around $145) set by a Jerusalem judge for, in Pollak’s words, refusing to “recognize the legitimacy of the Israeli system.”

Video: Meet the Israeli activist suspected of ‘incitement to terror’ for protesting Israeli colonialism – Mondoweiss

Good on him for refusing to pay bail in protest to how his fellow Arab Palestinian protesters would be treated for exactly the same conduct

here's the interview with him after his detention that speaks about other charges he is facing.

Brave and moral person imo

Jonathan Pollak is an Israeli born Palestinian rights protester. He has just served nearly two months detention in an Israeli detention centre for taking part in Palestinian demonstrations against Israeli policies against the Palestinians .

Video: Meet the Israeli activist suspected of ‘incitement to terror’ for protesting Israeli colonialism – Mondoweiss

Good on him for refusing to pay bail in protest to how his fellow Arab Palestinian protesters would be treated for exactly the same conduct

here's the interview with him after his detention that speaks about other charges he is facing.

Brave and moral person imo

oneworld2:

A good article and a very interesting video. Alas, this forum's rules prevent me from commenting on much of what Mr. Pollak has to say, so I'll leave it to others to watch the video and draw their own conclusions. He is a brave and principled man but also may be too much of an idealist for his own good. Time will tell if he becomes an effective reformer or just another Arab martyr self-sacrificing in an effort to crack the altar of colonial Zionism in the State of Israel.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

oneworld2:

A good article and a very interesting video. Alas, this forum's rules prevent me from commenting on much of what Mr. Pollak has to say, so I'll leave it to others to watch the video and draw their own conclusions. He is a brave and principled man but also may be too much of an idealist for his own good. Time will tell if he becomes an effective reformer or just another Arab martyr self-sacrificing in an effort to crack the altar of colonial Zionism in the State of Israel.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Yep , I understand that some of the content of the interview is kinda off limits here , sadly . He is a brave soul imo too. It's a noble man that puts principles of justice and equality before their own self interest.

The discrimination of the legal system in the Occupied West Bank is appalling and he stuck it out in a detention centre to make that point. Good man in my book.

He also supports the one democratic state which might be the best way forward for Palestinian rights. The state of their own doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon , at least with viability and authentic self determination , so maybe the bestway forward is to engage in a civil rights movement in the OPT's.

Two staters like myself are acknowledging , slowly but surely , the hopelessness of that option with the facts on the ground changing every year.

Back
Top Bottom