• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Medical Marijuana politics...

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A local politician has taken it on himself to kill doctor prescribed medical marijuana to further his career by calling it pot and sometimes weed and sticks, even though it's really pills and powdered cannibus.

Dozens of users who really need it to kill pain have been baring their souls at the city counsel meetings, but that doesn't phase our ambitious politician who's ready to put it on the ballot.

This concerns me personally because I may need it myself some day as an effective pain killer with no after effects.

ricksfolly

Regardless of how you feel on the subject of legalizing marijuana for recreational use, I have trouble understanding how anyone is against legalizing it for medical use. Doctors prescribe much more addictive drugs with more debilitating side effects on a regular basis, so it's hard to see what the objection is.

A local politician has taken it on himself to kill doctor prescribed medical marijuana to further his career by calling it pot and sometimes weed and sticks, even though it's really pills and powdered cannibus.

Dozens of users who really need it to kill pain have been baring their souls at the city counsel meetings, but that doesn't phase our ambitious politician who's ready to put it on the ballot.

This concerns me personally because I may need it myself some day as an effective pain killer with no after effects.

ricksfolly

I think it's too goddamned bad that somebody uses an effective pain medicine as a political tool. Many anti-depressents were/are used that way too, and always by people who don't know anything about the importance of those drugs for the health of lots of people.

I tried marijuana when I was a teenager and hated it. I think people who use it recreationally are weak. But it is an excellent pain reliever for people with certain health conditions, and there is no good reason to deny it to those people.

Compare it to the extremely addictive opiates like oxycontin, and anti-inflammatories which eat your guts out. These drugs are prescribed every day. Many doctors will write prescriptions for these things just to get you out of their office. Marijuana is nowhere near as dangerous as these medications, and should be just as easy to prescribe and fill if needed.

Regardless of how you feel on the subject of legalizing marijuana for recreational use, I have trouble understanding how anyone is against legalizing it for medical use. Doctors prescribe much more addictive drugs with more debilitating side effects on a regular basis, so it's hard to see what the objection is.

Considering its long time controversial background, pot is an easy target for gung ho ambitious politicians to demonize, especially since NO doctor has made an appearance at the meetings to justify his prescriptions.

Calling it pot is too inflammatory, call it smokeless cannibus or hemp.

ricksfolly

Back
Top Bottom