• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Medical doctors and Abortion

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
When a person becomes a doctor they take and oath called the hypocratic oath........It states and I paraphrase that they will do everything in their power to preserve human life........

Well the question that begs to be asked when a doctor performs and abortion and the mothers life is not endangered are they not violating the oath they took?

There are doctors that work in Abortion Clinics that make 6 figure salaries live in big houses on the hill and all they do is perform abortions.....

What is wrong with this picture?

Navy:
What it tells me is that the Christians are not doing their job in that community. I have a friend who is a studying to become a deacon and is a retired cop. He would picket the home of abortionists in is home town. The neighbors would have nothing to do with the abortionist and he left town. We can make people so uncomfortable about doing things like committing abortion that we in short can chase them out of town by letting their neighbors know exactly what the guy does for a living. Think of the moms who have to explain to their children what abortion is and how they can possibly rationalize that to the kids.

We had about fifteen seminarians join us at the local clinic this last Saturday and a girl decided not to have her abortion. In two weeks my parish is going to have a Church protest of the clinic as well. Hopefully, it will mean a large group led by our Parish Priest. For weekend mass we give out eight thousand communions. If every Church can make it a once a year deal to protest at the local clinic abortionist would be leaving town more often. The Holy Church states in section 2272 cooperation with abortion is automatic excommunication. The Apostles wrote against abortion in the Didache and the magisterium spoke against abortion prior to any protestant denomination existing. No it is clear one can not be a Christian without being Prolife. Today the sermon was on the importance of speaking up for what is right. Everyone of us needs to do that concerning this issue.

ScottMarian said:
Navy:
What it tells me is that the Christians are not doing their job in that community. I have a friend who is a studying to become a deacon and is a retired cop. He would picket the home of abortionists in is home town. The neighbors would have nothing to do with the abortionist and he left town. We can make people so uncomfortable about doing things like committing abortion that we in short can chase them out of town by letting their neighbors know exactly what the guy does for a living. Think of the moms who have to explain to their children what abortion is and how they can possibly rationalize that to the kids.

We had about fifteen seminarians join us at the local clinic this last Saturday and a girl decided not to have her abortion. In two weeks my parish is going to have a Church protest of the clinic as well. Hopefully, it will mean a large group led by our Parish Priest. For weekend mass we give out eight thousand communions. If every Church can make it a once a year deal to protest at the local clinic abortionist would be leaving town more often. The Holy Church states in section 2272 cooperation with abortion is automatic excommunication. The Apostles wrote against abortion in the Didache and the magisterium spoke against abortion prior to any protestant denomination existing. No it is clear one can not be a Christian without being Prolife. Today the sermon was on the importance of speaking up for what is right. Everyone of us needs to do that concerning this issue.

Excellent points my friend...I to am a Roman Catholic and it is my opinion that abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpertrate on another with the only exception is if the mothers life is endangered by carrying the pregnancy to term.........

I don't think any justice on the SCOTUS that voted for Roe V Wade in 1972 realized that by the time 2005 rolled around there would have been over 40,000,000 abortions performed in this country, most of which could have been avoided............

40,000,000 innocent babies murdered in the womb...........It boggles the mind.......

I thought christians where persecuted always? Perhaps hes the one who is in the right "the abortionist"

ScottMarian said:
I have a friend who is a studying to become a deacon and is a retired cop. He would picket the home of abortionists in is home town. The neighbors would have nothing to do with the abortionist and he left town. We can make people so uncomfortable about doing things like committing abortion that we in short can chase them out of town by letting their neighbors know exactly what the guy does for a living. Think of the moms who have to explain to their children what abortion is and how they can possibly rationalize that to the kids.
Well if picketing a person's private home now is the fashion, I shall happily go and picket the fascist priests and bishops' homes and wave pictures of dead women and evidence of their misogynistic hate mongering. Perhaps, I can even, like some PL did to a physician's kids, follow the kids home from school, yelling at them that their father is a killer. certainly, as the PL have done little to distance themselves from the fascist murderers of Army-of-God, all of these holy roller and Catholic priests are fair game as well for such picketing, right? Yes, what a grand idea. Maybe I can even picket mass?

Now, any further brilliant ideas about attacking a person's home life? Rest assured that it will come back and get you. This literally is where what you do to others is what you will have done to yourself.

If you want this to be street warfare, you can certainly have it. If you ask for it, you get it. Damn Fascist freaks, those prolifers. Brown-shirt tactics all over again.

Your ideas of Christian behaviour are perverted, to say the least.

No kidding??!?? Why is that.... You guys go out and conquer lands to poison them and give them your religion. christianity has a drum beat it goes War War War War War War War War.

Back
Top Bottom