• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Stripping Rank

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I have been following the news ever since I was old enough to participate in an election, which the 2004 election was my first. But I am appauled that the media refur to President Bush as "Mr bush." As though Mr. is the same thing as president. Now I did fallow the media on President Clinton, and not a single time, even during his scandal, did they ever refur to him has Mr. Clinton? Media Bias, maybe? Or does the media think they are higher ranked thay our soldiers and feel they have the previledge to strip rank?

Personally, a person is a person is a person, no one deserving more respect from me than I want to give him. I'll call him George Dub-yah or Georgie-Pants or The Most Holy, Honorable George the W. Bush...there's no reason to care about opinions in the media. It's what you think that matters.

stsburns said:
I have been following the news ever since I was old enough to participate in an election, which the 2004 election was my first. But I am appauled that the media refur to President Bush as "Mr bush." As though Mr. is the same thing as president. Now I did fallow the media on President Clinton, and not a single time, even during his scandal, did they ever refur to him has Mr. Clinton? Media Bias, maybe? Or does the media think they are higher ranked thay our soldiers and feel they have the previledge to strip rank?

I noticed that as well. I took issue with Peter Jennings over it once. I think they feel the person is more important than the office at times.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I did see the same thing towards Clinton. I wrote a letter to the network (CBS, if I remember correctly) complaining about them not using the proper form when refering to the President.

MrFungus420 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I did see the same thing towards Clinton. I wrote a letter to the network (CBS, if I remember correctly) complaining about them not using the proper form when refering to the President.

My bubble is just fine thanks. I take issue when they do it to former president Clinton as well.

akyron said:
My bubble is just fine thanks. I take issue when they do it to former president Clinton as well.

LOL. I'm glad your bubble survived!

It seems like that plays into the sort of informal image I thought Bush wanted. I believe Bush wants you to think of him as your friendly upstanding next door neighbor or rancher.

I'm talking about the media overstepping boundaries, not Bush? Have you been paying attention. Or just typing what ever is at your mind at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom