• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media & Muslims

JOHNYJ

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The New York Times reprinted an insulting picture of the Virgin Mary this week while refusing to print any of the pictures of the prophet Muhammad. The Arsonists thugs in Damascus have cowed the major liberal newspaper in America.So while its still O.K. to insult christians the Times knows not to insult any muslims.

Bill Bennet on CNN:

And if I were a Jew watching what CNN just led in with, I might be a little upset, too. But CNN doesn't have the solicitude for Jews it has for Muslims. Your policy is not to show these cartoons that were shown in Denmark, but to show one after another of the most anti- Semitic cartoons they could come forward with.

CNN -- I don't mean to pick on CNN, just because I work for you. But NBC, "The New York Times," other media -- the Virgin Mary in cow dung, that was fine. We can show that everywhere. Now, the Islamists have won, in that they have intimidated the major news media from showing these cartoons.

They have lost, however, in the wider world, because people see that this is just totally nutty behavior, that these cartoons are shown and people, as a result, want to kill people, behead people, burn buildings down. And, whatever the argument with the Danes, what is the point of burning the Jewish flag? What is the point of burning the U.S. flag and saying death to Israel and death to the United States?
[...]
I promise you, they have won. They have silenced -- these -- these mobs have silenced the mainstream media, who are afraid of the mob.

The caving in of the American media to the howling mob, as Churchill said in another, not entirely unrelated context, has consequences which will travel far with us along our road.

Source.

Alright guys, I just had someone send me a link that shows the cartoons. They are offensive, but not to the point of causing this much controversy. Is it wrong for me to want to tell them, "Get the hell over it"?

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/698

aps said:
Alright guys, I just had someone send me a link that shows the cartoons. They are offensive, but not to the point of causing this much controversy. Is it wrong for me to want to tell them, "Get the hell over it"?

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/698

I think you may have missed the point, what of the fact that some in the media refuse to show these pictures, but will show the Mother Mary covered in cow dung, or a crucifix in pisswater?

Maybe you should take to the streets and riot like the Muslims.

scottyz said:
Maybe you should take to the streets and riot like the Muslims.

Maybe you should avoid threads that are either, out of your league, or cause you to respond with ignorant, irrelevant reponses.:doh

Deegan said:
I think you may have missed the point, what of the fact that some in the media refuse to show these pictures, but will show the Mother Mary covered in cow dung, or a crucifix in pisswater?

I didn't miss the point. I had just gotten that website and since people were talking about the cartoons in this thread, I thought I would post them. I was dying to see what caused such riots.

aps said:
I didn't miss the point. I had just gotten that website and since people were talking about the cartoons in this thread, I thought I would post them. I was dying to see what caused such riots.

So still no thoughts on why run one pic, and not the other?:confused:

Deegan said:
So still no thoughts on why run one pic, and not the other?:confused:
Because rioting gets a response and not rioting doesn't.

scottyz said:
Because rioting gets a response and not rioting doesn't.

..................................:confused:

JOHNYJ said:
The New York Times reprinted an insulting picture of the Virgin Mary this week while refusing to print any of the pictures of the prophet Muhammad. The Arsonists thugs in Damascus have cowed the major liberal newspaper in America.So while its still O.K. to insult christians the Times knows not to insult any muslims.

That's because Christians aren't so quick to cut off their heads as Muslims are. And the left views that as a weakness, like how Bin Laden viewed America as being weak; because Bill "Suck My Pole" Clinton decided to turn tail out of Somalia instead of going back in and wasting those Skinnies!

That and the left just hates Christians because they are the majority and Christianity doesn't fit their agenda. And the left still preaches diversity by being intolerant towards others, kinda like an oxymoron or whatever.

Donkey1499 said:
That's because Christians aren't so quick to cut off their heads as Muslims are. And the left views that as a weakness, like how Bin Laden viewed America as being weak; because Bill "Suck My Pole" Clinton decided to turn tail out of Somalia instead of going back in and wasting those Skinnies!

That and the left just hates Christians because they are the majority and Christianity doesn't fit their agenda. And the left still preaches diversity by being intolerant towards others, kinda like an oxymoron or whatever.

Well give them some credit, they are very tolerant if you don't discuss it openly, or mix it with your politics..........oh, but that's kinda like the gay issue huh? Oh well, you're right, they are very hypocritical.;)

Deegan said:
Well give them some credit, they are very tolerant if you don't discuss it openly, or mix it with your politics..........oh, but that's kinda like the gay issue huh? Oh well, you're right, they are very hypocritical.;)

What's wrong with me mixing my political agenda and my religion? Most of my political opinion is a chip off of my religious morals. Like, being pro-life (against abortion, anyways).

Donkey1499 said:
What's wrong with me mixing my political agenda and my religion? Most of my political opinion is a chip off of my religious morals. Like, being pro-life (against abortion, anyways).

I don't think there is anything wrong, but they don't appreciate you having that moral edge, so they think, you think. Here is the definition of atheism, I didn't write it, but here it is.....

a·the·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-zm)
n.

Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
The doctrine that there is no God or gods.
Godlessness; immorality.

This is where they feel inadequate, and this leads them to want to tear down that preception, but I don't feel that way, most Christians don't feel that way. These feelings make them act the way they do, they don't like feeling confused, anxious, they just wish it would all go away, well I say tough ****!;)

Deegan said:
I don't think there is anything wrong, but they don't appreciate you having that moral edge, so they think, you think. Here is the definition of atheism, I didn't write it, but here it is.....

a·the·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-zm)
n.

Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
The doctrine that there is no God or gods.
Godlessness; immorality.

This is where they feel inadequate, and this leads them to want to tear down that preception, but I don't feel that way, most Christians don't feel that way. These feelings make them act the way they do, they don't like feeling confused, anxious, they just wish it would all go away, well I say tough ****!;)

Atheism doesn't bother me. As long as they live good lives, then why should I care if they like God or not? I just don't like being attacked for being a white, heterosexual, male, christian, conservative.

Donkey1499 said:
Atheism doesn't bother me. As long as they live good lives, then why should I care if they like God or not? I just don't like being attacked for being a white, heterosexual, male, christian, conservative.

Me either, but it's a fact of life, but I know I'm right, not that they are wrong, just that I am right in my belief, they can do whatever, really, I don't care.

link to picture?

Donkey1499 said:
The pic is linked to my left ass cheek. Wanna look? LOL

As far as I remember the Teacher said right cheek first. so let me link him to my right one first and then he can click on yours.

Donkey1499 said:
Isn't the saying "Right foot first"?

OK. this is how I played soccer --- right foot first.

Since 9/11 President Bush,the Pope and every western leader has been rying to make Islam look respectable.Saying that it was a fluke that all the 9/11 murderers were Saudi Muslims. Now,all that BS they were spouting has gone down the drain.Thanks to the behaviour of Muslims from Damascus to Jakarta.

JOHNYJ said:
Since 9/11 President Bush,the Pope and every western leader has been rying to make Islam look respectable.Saying that it was a fluke that all the 9/11 murderers were Saudi Muslims. Now,all that BS they were spouting has gone down the drain.Thanks to the behaviour of Muslims from Damascus to Jakarta.

From the last few days, my trust of Muslims has dwindled. Except for my Muslim friends who are dear to me, and who speak out openly against terrorism. Actually, they are embarrassed that other muslims would riot over a petty cartoon or blow up innocent civilians. They see Bin Laden as the infidel!

Back
Top Bottom