• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media mind control

Henk7

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
6 corporations control 90% of the media in U.S.

To have people taking an experimental drug without long term safety studies they just need to pick "experts" who follow the protocol.
Never mention all the rest that disagree.

10 people in a room. 9 actors and 1 test subject. They are asked a question with an obvious answer. The actors answer are the same and it´s completey and obviously wrong. The test subject will most likely also then give the same wrong answer.

10 people in a room. 9 actors and 1 test subject. They are asked a question with an obvious answer. The actors answer are the same and it´s completey and obviously wrong. The test subject will most likely also then give the same wrong answer.
Like the hand wringers at dinner. They stare at the menu for 15 minutes then never know what they want. So they say

“That sounds good, I’ll have the same thing he’s having”

Rerun the experiment with a secret ballot?

Don’t most ‘experiments’ use a ‘control’ group?

Henk, in most experiments like that, they include a part where they afterward ask the subject for the reasons why they responded as they did. That can be extremely important.

A quick example . . .

In an experiment, young children, one at a time, were put into a chair at a table in a room by themselves. A piece of candy was placed on the table, and the child was told, "You can eat the candy right now if you want, or you can wait a few minutes and I'll bring you another so you will have two pieces of candy instead of just one." The child was then left alone.

The experiment showed that white children usually waited for that second piece of candy, while black children tended to go ahead and eat the single piece. The psycologists' conclusion was that blacks tend to want things immediately, while whites are more patient.

But another group of psychologists questioned that conclusion and performed the exact same experiment. But this time, they asked the children why they either ate the candy or waited for more. The black children said that they were afraid that the adult was lying to them about bringing that second piece of candy and might even come back and take away the single piece. So, the real reason the black children went ahead and ate the single piece was because they were brought up around adults who often lied to them. It was a societal problem. It had nothing to do with being "impatient."

So, asking why is a very important part of human experimentation.

If I were the one person, as each other person gave their fictitious wrong answer, I would be looking at each of them with that, are you crazy look and when my turn came I would give the correct answer and that kind of behavior has gotten me in trouble my whole life. I cannot recount the times I refused to agree with the nuns who taught me and inevitably it would mean a visit to the principal's office. When things were wrong at work, everyone complained, I was the one who said something, a troublemaker I was deemed. A cop once stopped me for speeding, I called him on his lies, he left giving me a 'warning'.

Back
Top Bottom