• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod story

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

O'Reilly apologized the next night.

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

Didn't Oreilly say something to that effect?

I don't know nor really care. My opinion is that Fox news is the news channel dedicated to sensationalized yellow journalism. Shame on the WH and shame on the NAACP for taking them catre blanch.

I don't know nor really care. My opinion is that Fox news is the news channel dedicated to sensationalized yellow journalism. Shame on the WH and shame on the NAACP for taking them catre blanch.

did they? We can't all agree on whether FOX NEWS really reported on it other than thier opinion journalists...

No shame on obama?

No shame on NAACP?

This is this unbalanced feigned outrage that makes one shake thier head.

So then why are there three threads on FOX News and none on the NAACP and Obama on this matter? Seems lopsided if you ask me. :shrug:

Again, no one is defending the WH or the NAACP. Debate requires someone to disagree.

Not my point. my point is, that no matter when FOX news aired this stuff, that if they are to "blame" that means that Obama reacted to FOX NEWS.... That would make him a hammer in my opinon...

Come now, I don't get my view of the war in afghanistan from al jazeera. :lol:

So then why are there three threads on FOX News and none on the NAACP and Obama on this matter? Seems lopsided if you ask me. :shrug:

yeah, in this thread and about 3 others. but its not balanced. Its attack a news channel and says "well yeah Obama naaclp too", then continue to bash a news channel.

BTW Didn't Oreilly say something to that effect of getting it wrong?

If you really feel that there hasn't been a "fair and balanced" condemnation against the WH and/or the NAACP on this matter, why don't you start your own thread on the matter. Frankly, I don't see any need to considering both entities have admitted their wrong doing on the matter (the President continues to do so as recently as yesterday when he gave a speech before a Civil Rights organization). If you really feel that strongly about it, let your fingers do the talking, buddy. (Damn! Did I just advocate reading more Rev_Hellh0und anti-Obama drivel? Oh, the inhumanity!!! :2razz:)

Last edited:

If you really feel that there hasn't been a "fair and balanced" condemnation against the WH and/or the NAACP on this matter, why don't you start your own thread on the matter. Frankly, I don't see any need to considering both entities have admitted their wrong doing on the matter (the President continues to do so as recently as yesterday when he gave a speech before a Civil Rights organization). If you really feel that strongly about it, let your fingers do the talking, buddy. (Damn! Did I just advocate reading more Rev_HellB0und anti-Obama drivel? Oh, the inhumanity!!! :2razz:)

you know they gig you for messing with posters names. So if you are going to do it, perhaps you should be more creative than 2002, chuckles. ;) It's cool, I won't report ya but "the more you know!" :prof

The fact remains you all won't discuss the idiocy of the Obama administration running with a FOX News story. :lamo

did they? We can't all agree on whether FOX NEWS really reported on it other than thier opinion journalists...

No shame on obama?

No shame on NAACP?

This is this unbalanced feigned outrage that makes one shake thier head.

C'mon, Rev! There have been plenty of posters in this thread alone who have said more than once that neither the WH, the NAACP or FoxNews were blameless in wrongfully reporting this story or in how both the WH and the NAACP acted in their initial responses to it. BUT...

What we have said is of the three, only the WH and the NAACP have apologies to Mrs. Sherrod for their wrongful actions, whereas only one members of the FoxNews family who initially wrongfully reported on this story has, i.e., Bill O'Rielly (that I'm aware of). Therefore, I really don't understand how you can continue to dance around the condemnation of FoxNews here. They were wrong, but refuse to publically admit so. That much is plainly obvious to anyone who takes their bias blinders off.

Sidenote: As for "butchering" your moniker...I abbreviated the "Rev" portion...big whoop! Sue me!! :roll: Everyone knows who I was referring to. But if it makes you feel better, do whatcha feel you gotta do, tough guy.

EDIT: I see where you're coming from...sorry about that...I always call you "Rev. Hell'B'0und in my head...it just naturally came out that way when I typed. Hence, the reason I normally just call you "Rev" when I refer to you in my post. My bad...corrected it. But the abbreviated "Rev." stays.

Last edited:

I said shame on the WH do you really want to nit pick that?

No more so than you all nitpicking at FOXNEWS in three+ threads.

No shame on the NAACP? :ssst:

btw, I don't watch FOX or any of the tv news for that matter. My interest here is the lopsided outrage shown by some.

I don't know nor really care.

Then why did you bring it up?

Again, no one is defending the WH or the NAACP. Debate requires someone to disagree.

We've gone through this before. It IS a cop-out. If people were really angry at the WH or the NAACP, they'd have started threads on it. That's what angry people do. This idea that they don't beause they don't think anyone will disagree is laugh-out-loud transparent. Even you know that.

No, people are channeling all their anger at Breitbart and Fox News.

This is a cop-out. :shrug:

Never looked at the truth as a cop out. Seeanyone defending the WH or the NAACP?

So basically this thread is about lies and deception? Whats different from what the republicans would and have done? Nothing.
Thats what you Left and Right wingers dont get... there is NOTHING different from either party. The republicans say the dems arent fiscally responsible but over the last 100 years the opposite is shown where republicans run up the deficit. Whatever "blank" is for, the opposite party is against. Its like a dog chasing its tail. The 2 party system in America has run this country into the ground.

Never looked at the truth as a cop out. Seeanyone defending the WH or the NAACP?

nope, all I see is three + threads of hacks bitching about FOX NEWS.... :shrug:

nope, all I see is three + threads of hacks bitching about FOX NEWS.... :shrug:

And how many are defending Fox? See, you prove my point. ;)

And how many are defending Fox? See, you prove my point. ;)

The Good Reverend requires cogent logical and topical responses in order to have a conversation, please consult your comprehension manual and try again. :thumbs:

Glad you appreciate the humor.

I did, it was a cleaver post.

And since this thread is going off track (again), I will state (again) the analysis of the OP is just his opinion and Media Matters wasn't busted at all.

Furthermore, adding to what I previously said about news style, Media Matters published time stamps when they were available, but Foxnews.com doesn't follow the practice of some other news organizations such as Reuters. Reuters stories show date and time it was published online.

I did, it was a cleaver post.

And since this thread is going off track (again), I will state (again) the analysis of the OP is just his opinion and Media Matters wasn't busted at all.

Furthermore, adding to what I previously said about news style, Media Matters published time stamps when they were available, but Foxnews.com doesn't follow the practice of some other news organizations such as Reuters. Reuters stories show date and time it was published online.

Even if that's true (which it isn't), the time it was posted is readily available now, and if they were responsible, they'd update the timeline to reflect it accurately.

To me the time line, though important, doesn't matter as much as FoxNews' refusal to show contrition in this matter. Again, they were the first news agency to report the story, everyone knows they reported it wrongfully and as such an individual lost her job. Now granted, the WH and the NAACP should have checked their facts first, but FoxNews is just as liable for this blunder as the WH and the NAACP. Still, it's their refusal to acknowledge their wrong-doing that upsets me here.

To me the time line, though important, doesn't matter as much as FoxNews' refusal to show contrition in this matter. Again, they were the first news agency to report the story, everyone knows they reported it wrongfully and as such an individual lost her job. Now granted, the WH and the NAACP should have checked their facts first, but FoxNews is just as liable for this blunder as the WH and the NAACP. Still, it's their refusal to acknowledge their wrong-doing that upsets me here.

Where you this upset at Dan Rather?

The Good Reverend requires cogent logical and topical responses in order to have a conversation, please consult your comprehension manual and try again. :thumbs:

:lamo A simple I was right would do. ;) :lamo

Back
Top Bottom