• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod story

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

So wait, they acted based on the possibility of a scandal based on a fox news piece? What?????

Let's be realistic here, they like you and I saw the breitbart video prior to fox airing it and acted soley on that. Blaming FOX here is silly in my opinon, and I don't watch fox.

Actually, while I did comment on the story the morning that it became public, I didn't see either video - the editted version that FoxNews obtained from Mr. Breitbart and originally aired or the actually version presented by the NAACP - until I got home later that evening. But yes, I reacted just like many Americans did at first and didn't give Mrs. Sherrod the benefit of the doubt. But after I saw the actually video I felt really bad about it and did what I felt was right to atone for it.

Last edited:
Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

1. They did place Fox 2nd on their time line in an attempt to deceive their readers, as the screen shot below proves. They purposely omitted a time stamp because it wouldn't fit with their narrative, but did highlight it just like every other event the listed.

View attachment 67112130

Yes, I would say this makes it appear as though the story was posted on FoxNews.com at 11:18 am or shortly thereafter. (This is a timeline, right?) The Politico link says it happened at 5:58 pm.

Yes, I would say this makes it appear as though the story was posted on FoxNews.com at 11:18 am or shortly thereafter. (This is a timeline, right?) The Politico link says it happened at 5:58 pm.

I'm curious.... Since that is probably the 10th time that someone has posted the fact that the story wasn't published until after she had already resigned, do you really think that will stop people like LL from claiming otherwise?

I don't know about you, but I've given up all expectations that she will engage in honest dialog.

I'm curious.... Since that is probably the 10th time that someone has posted the fact that the story wasn't published until after she had already resigned, do you really think that will stop people like LL from claiming otherwise?

I don't know about you, but I've given up all expectations that she will engage in honest dialog.
Why don't you admit that your OP is bogus?

I would if it was, but it's not so I won't.

It appears to be very important to her that it happened before she resigned, yes.

All Media Matters has to do is put the time FoxNews.com posted its story to its proper time of 5:58 pm. Everything else is listed at its proper time, so that should be, too. As it is, it's absolutely misleading and makes it appear as though the story was posted sometime between 11:18 am and 12:13 pm. You simply can't conclude otherwise, especially when it gives the correct times for the blog posts on Fox Nation, and every other event.

Why are you giving Media Matters a pass on that if you're so interested in journalistic integrity?

I would if it was, but it's not so I won't.

Please respond:
The OP is hogwash:
  • You state that Media Matters placed Fox second in the timeline. No, they did no such thing, all they did was write the story in journalist fashion. Meaning that they listed the most significant parts of the story first. That Breitbart posted the video and Fox amplified the story, everything else was secondary in their view. Please note that MM said Fox did this Monday, but they didn't give a time of day stamp as they did for the others.
  • You also stated Fox Nation is not affiliated with Fox, that's not true according to the today's Politico article.

References:
Fox admits 'breakdown' on Sherrod - POLITICO.com Print View

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America

All Media Matters has to do is put the time FoxNews.com posted its story to its proper time of 5:58 pm. Everything else is listed at its proper time, so that should be, too. As it is, it's absolutely misleading and makes it appear as though the story was posted sometime between 11:18 am and 12:13 pm. You simply can't conclude otherwise, especially when it gives the correct times for the blog posts on Fox Nation, and every other event.

Why are you giving Media Matters a pass on that if you're so interested in journalistic integrity?
You can respond as well:

The OP is hogwash:
  • You state that Media Matters placed Fox second in the timeline. No, they did no such thing, all they did was write the story in journalist fashion. Meaning that they listed the most significant parts of the story first. That Breitbart posted the video and Fox amplified the story, everything else was secondary in their view. Please note that MM said Fox did this Monday, but they didn't give a time of day stamp as they did for the others.
  • You also stated Fox Nation is not affiliated with Fox, that's not true according to the today's Politico article.

References:
Fox admits 'breakdown' on Sherrod - POLITICO.com Print View

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America

1. They did place Fox 2nd on their time line in an attempt to deceive their readers, as the screen shot below proves. They purposely omitted a time stamp because it wouldn't fit with their narrative, but did highlight it just like every other event the listed

Sorry you're wrong, they put no time stamp on that part. They wrote the story using news style by writing the most significant parts of the story first. And the most imortant parts are Breitbart and Fox.

From Wiki:

News style (also journalistic style or news writing style) is the prose style used for news reporting in media such as newspapers, radio and television. News style encompasses not only vocabulary and sentence structure, but also the way in which stories present the information in terms of relative importance, tone, and intended audience.

News writing attempts to answer all the basic questions about any particular event - who, what, when, where and why (the Five Ws) and also often how - at the opening of the article. This form of structure is sometimes called the "inverted pyramid", to refer to the decreasing importance of information in subsequent paragraphs.

News stories also contain at least one of the following important characteristics relative to the intended audience: proximity, prominence, timeliness, human interest, oddity, or consequence.
News style - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Sorry you're wrong, they put no stamp on that part. They wrote the story using news style by writing the most significant parts of the story first. And the most imortant parts are Breitbart and Fox.

From Wiki:

News style - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah. The ENTIRE REST OF THE PAGE is a straight timeline, but that one little (inconvenient) detail -- no, that was written "news style."

Yeah. The ENTIRE REST OF THE PAGE is a straight timeline, but that one little (inconvenient) detail -- no, that was written "news style."
Like I said, Breitbart and Fox (a major source of news) were listed first.

Yup, that's it alright... :lol:

<SARCASM OFF>

Yup, that's it alright... :lol:

<SARCASM OFF>

Grim,

I know you don't believe this, but Media Matters doesn't make things up to attack anyone. Next time you try putting Media Matter down have your ducks in a row and don't just state your opinion, because that's exactly what you did in the OP.

Grim,

I know you don't believe this, but Media Matters doesn't make things up to attack anyone. Next time you try putting Media Matter down have your ducks in a row and don't just state your opinion, because that's exactly what you did in the OP.

Pete, I know you don't believe this, but Media Matters has you snookered.

Pete, I know you don't believe this, but Media Matters has you snookered.
:rofl :mrgreen:

Glad you appreciate the humor.

Actually, while I did comment on the story the morning that it became public, I didn't see either video - the editted version that FoxNews obtained from Mr. Breitbart and originally aired or the actually version presented by the NAACP - until I got home later that evening. But yes, I reacted just like many Americans did at first and didn't give Mrs. Sherrod the benefit of the doubt. But after I saw the actually video I felt really bad about it and did what I felt was right to atone for it.

Not my point. my point is, that no matter when FOX news aired this stuff, that if they are to "blame" that means that Obama reacted to FOX NEWS.... That would make him a hammer in my opinon...

Come now, I don't get my view of the war in afghanistan from al jazeera. :lol:

so the Obama administration acted based on O'reilly and Hannity? :confused:

Yes, it appears so. Or at east what the believed they would do, along with Beck, and the troubles they thought that would cause.

I repeat, it doesn't excuse the WH or the NAACP. Not in least. But it doesn't excuse Fox either. All three leap on a non story and didn't do the due diligence to make sure it was accurate.

Yes, it appears so. Or at east what the believed they would do, along with Beck, and the troubles they thought that would cause.

I repeat, it doesn't excuse the WH or the NAACP. Not in least. But it doesn't excuse Fox either. All three leap on a non story and didn't do the due diligence to make sure it was accurate.

So then why are there three threads on FOX News and none on the NAACP and Obama on this matter? Seems lopsided if you ask me. :shrug:

So then why are there three threads on FOX News and none on the NAACP and Obama on this matter? Seems lopsided if you ask me. :shrug:

Seems like the NAACP and Obama are mentioned plenty in this thread already. BTW haven't both the NAACP and the WH admitted they were wrong yet nothing from Fox?

Seems like the NAACP and Obama are mentioned plenty in this thread already. BTW haven't both the NAACP and the WH admitted they were wrong yet nothing from Fox?

yeah, in this thread and about 3 others. but its not balanced. Its attack a news channel and says "well yeah Obama naaclp too", then continue to bash a news channel.

BTW Didn't Oreilly say something to that effect of getting it wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom