• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Matters - Are they deceptive on purpose?

Media Matters says that Glenn Beck's co-hosts blame Keith Olbermann for the CT workplace shooting.

Media Matters Gives Glenn Beck’s Co-Hosts The Shirley Sherrod Edited Audio Treatment (Update) | Mediaite

Yes, they're deceptive on purpose. For the news value. For the scoop. For the entertainment value. I hope that some day soon we tackle all of the lies and deception that goes on in the name of free speech. Just plain wrong. And the bad part is that lots of people believe this trash.

Yes, they're deceptive on purpose. For the news value. For the scoop. For the entertainment value. I hope that some day soon we tackle all of the lies and deception that goes on in the name of free speech. Just plain wrong. And the bad part is that lots of people believe this trash.

Am I missing the link to the Media Matter's story?

If you looked, I bet you would find it... but that would deprive you of the opportunity to bitch about something irrelevant and avoid the topic, now wouldn't it?

Not anymore: http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201008060020

Note disclaimer at bottom:

Correction: The original headline on this clip did not make clear that Beck's co-hosts were being satirical when they linked MSNBC host Keith Olbermann to the Manchester shooting. The original clip also did not include their subsequent statements that Olbermann was not responsible for the shooting. Media Matters regrets the error.

Anything else I can do for you?

Last edited:
thank goodness they admitted their error.

Wasn't good enough when Fox admitted theirs. And they didn't even own the tape.

The more I think about your post, the funnier it gets.

Last edited:
Wasn't good enough when Fox admitted theirs. And they didn't even own the tape.

The more I think about your post, the funnier it gets.

Apple and orange thing. They didn't not listen to all of it, they simply left some out and weren't clear. Fox never listen to all of it. Both deserving of criticism, but not at all the same thing.

Apple and orange thing. They didn't not listen to all of it, they simply left some out and weren't clear. Fox never listen to all of it. Both deserving of criticism, but not at all the same thing.

They simply left something out and weren't clear? *Shakin' head* Unbelievable.

No wonder conservatives on DP get so frustrated with liberals. Nowwww, I understand.

:lamo

Dooooooood....just...seriously...i mean...just..no...

:lamo

Nope. That helps. And they corrected their error, right? What's the complaint?

Ain't it amazing how Libs will give a pass to the state controlled media and not to anyone else?

Ain't it amazing how Libs will give a pass to the state controlled media and not to anyone else?

State controlled. LOL.

No pass, but different. They made a mistake and admitted it. As they should. I would be done with the Fox thing as well if you guys quite making excuses for them. ;)

Nope. That helps. And they corrected their error, right? What's the complaint?

Oh, let's see.....because immediately after they cut the audio off, Stu and Pat explained that no one but the people who actually did the deed are responsible for violence. So either they only listened to that much of the audio and immediately turned it off right before Stu and Pat explained OR they deliberatly edited it to make it look as if they were serious. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

State controlled. LOL.

No pass, but different. They made a mistake and admitted it. As they should. I would be done with the Fox thing as well if you guys quite making excuses for them. ;)

Let's see if this post takes on the same legs the Fox post. It won't -- because Conservatives can't be bothered. Libs seem to have nothing much else to do.

State controlled. LOL.

Doood...thats just not recoverable man...you probably should just grin wryly and move on. You jump to defend Media matters the same way people jumped to defend Fox...but their apology wasnt good enough? Fox played what they had, Media Matters played PARTS to conveeeeeeniently make beck LOOK bad...and you say...whoopise...hee hee...see? they SAID they were sorry...

nah...just walk away...gather up what little dignity you can salvage from this and move forward...

Oh, let's see.....because immediately after they cut the audio off, Stu and Pat explained that no one but the people who actually did the deed are responsible for violence. So either they only listened to that much of the audio and immediately turned it off right before Stu and Pat explained OR they deliberatly edited it to make it look as if they were serious. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

And they admitted their error? Gave a correction. What else would you like?

Let's see if this post takes on the same legs the Fox post. It won't -- because Conservatives can't be bothered. Libs seem to have nothing much else to do.

LOL. No one hear is defending Media matters, including media matters. Where's the debate?

LOL. No one hear is defending Media matters, including media matters. Where's the debate?

Boo!

If this isn't giving Media Matters a pass, I don't what is.

And they admitted their error? Gave a correction. What else would you like?

How about not deliberately edit videos to make their enemies look bad? How about being honest? Just a thought...

How about not deliberately edit videos to make their enemies look bad? How about being honest? Just a thought...

I agree that should not be done. No objection to that. But once done, there has to be accountability, which means stating that they left part out. I would have much more problem if they had not done that. I'll like it better if I find those who did are held accountable.

I agree that should not be done. No objection to that. But once done, there has to be accountability, which means stating that they left part out. I would have much more problem if they had not done that. I'll like it better if I find those who did are held accountable.

I'm either really tired or your post isn't clear.

Back
Top Bottom