• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Has a "Cry Wolf" Problem with Trump

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
When every GOP candidate going back to FDR is the new coming of Hitler this is what happens.

The media no longer has any credibility when it comes to the GOP candidate. Not just the media but every other left winger as well. People have tuned them out. And so even though there are legitimate issues to be raised in criticism of Trump nobody is listening. None of the moderates or conservatives, anyway.

You can start the timeline as far back as the World War II era. In 1944, Franklin Roosevelt told the country that if Republicans were returned to power, “even though we shall have conquered our enemies on the battlefields abroad, we shall have yielded to the spirit of fascism here at home.” The press nodded along.

...I have no doubt many journalists would defend their smears and professional failures, but that doesn’t change the fact that many Americans outside the mainstream media/Democratic bubble find it all indefensible. More important, they find it all ignorable — because the race card and the demagogue card have been played and replayed so often they’re little more than scraps of lint.

Already, editorial boards are preparing their indictments of what they believe to be Donald Trump’s incompetence, bigotry, and authoritarianism. Trump operatives will undoubtedly respond: “That’s what they always say about Republicans.” And they’ll be right.

Media Helps Trump's Image Because They 'Cry Wolf' on All Republicans | National Review

Agreed. Where is coverage of all the violent protests by right wing extremists outside the DNC ?

Leftists played their racist/sexist/bigoted/homophobic card way, way, too many times. All these silly a$$ cards are now basically cliches. And every time a leftist tries to play the card, they sound stupid.

Every time the media claimed Donald Trump said something sexist/racist/etc that wasn't, or tried to make something worse than it was, they help his campaign and validate his base.

"He called all Mexicans rapists!" ... No, no he didn't.
"He wants to ban ALL Muslims!" ... No, no he doesn't.

Ya know what? Done listening to you.

Leftists played their racist/sexist/bigoted/homophobic card way, way, too many times. All these silly a$$ cards are now basically cliches. And every time a leftist tries to play the card, they sound stupid.

As your post proves, leftists don't have a monopoly on the stupid.

Every time the media claimed Donald Trump said something sexist/racist/etc that wasn't, or tried to make something worse than it was, they help his campaign and validate his base.

"He called all Mexicans rapists!" ... No, no he didn't.
"He wants to ban ALL Muslims!" ... No, no he doesn't.

Ya know what? Done listening to you.

He did call Mexicans rapists, and he did call for a ban on all Muslims entering the country.

Your problem is obvious.

He did call Mexicans rapists, and he did call for a ban on all Muslims entering the country.

Your problem is obvious.

No you see, you have to think like a Fox News pundit, the classic line is:

"He didn't articulate his point well, but he made a good one".

Your problem is obvious.

He didn't call all Mexican's rapists he said "they're not sending their best (which means many aren't)" and the ban he spoke of did not apply to US Muslim Citizens but refugees.

Way to be a perfect example of someone who swallows the media narrative. Hows that Kool-aid taste?

He didn't call all Mexican's rapists and the ban he spoke of did not apply to US Muslim Citizens but refugees.

Way to be a perfect example of someone who swallows the media narrative. Hows that Kool-aid taste?

That's called 'moving the goalposts'.

Your problem is obvious.
Trump called SOME Mexicans rapists. It seemed to him a good portion of Mexican undocumenteds were rapists, etc.

Trump called for a vetting process of Muslim immigrants from places like Syria. Trump thinks it's more important to have vetted Muslim immigrants from places like Syria than have a, for example, stated goal of 5 times the current number of Syrian refugees in the US. How can one place a goal on Syrian refugees? Maybe there will be less refugees when vetted. Maybe there will be more. But there has to be an established and successful vetting process.

Last edited:
Trump called SOME Mexicans racists. It seemed to him a good portion of Mexican undocumenteds were rapists, etc.

He did say Mexicans are rapists though he did admit some are possibly good people as well. Go figure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QEqoYgQxw

Trump called for a vetting process of Muslim immigrants from places like Syria. Trump thinks it's more important to have vetted Muslim immigrants from places like Syria than have a stated goal of 5 times the current number of Syrian refugees in the US. How can one place a goal on vetted immigrants? Maybe there will be less refugees when vetted. Maybe there will be more.

Trump did call for a complete ban on all Muslims entering the US on December 7th, 2015:

Donald Trump's shifting positions on Muslim ban - CNNPolitics.com

He did say Mexicans are rapists though he did admit some are possibly good people as well. Go figure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QEqoYgQxw

Trump did call for a complete ban on all Muslims entering the US on December 7th, 2015:

Donald Trump's shifting positions on Muslim ban - CNNPolitics.com
Cry wolf, much? Trump said some Mexican undocumenteds - here, let me give you a clue - are rapists, murders, etc. He said a good number of undocumented Mexicans seem to be rapists, and murders. Again, that's not all Mexicans. That's a good enough portion of UNDOCUMENTED Mexicans to vet, to be concerned.

Trump has always said 'until the vetting process has been established and successful' to prevent the immigration of Muslims. I tell the truth. You cry wolf. Again, Trump wants vetted Muslims and vetted undocumented Mexicans immigrating into the US. Trump is against all immigrants that aren't vetted.

Last edited:
Cry wolf, much? Trump said some Mexican undocumenteds - here, let me give you a clue - are rapists, murders, etc. He said a good number of undocumented Mexicans seem to be rapists, and murders. Again, that's not all Mexicans. That's a good enough portion of UNDOCUMENTED Mexicans to vet, to be concerned.

OK... Trump said all undocumented Mexicans are rapists. I'll concede that point. What is telling is even though he calls them all rapists, he assumes some are good people nevertheless. Some rapists are good people? Only Trump could say that and have someone like you defend him.

Trump has always said 'until the vetting process has been successful' to prevent the immigration of Muslims. I tell the truth. You cry wolf. Again, Trump wants vetted Muslims and vetted undocumented Mexicans immigrating into the US. Trump is against an immigrant that isn't vetted.

That's not true. Either you are lying, or you or parroting a lie. I hope it's the latter.

When every GOP candidate going back to FDR is the new coming of Hitler this is what happens.

The media no longer has any credibility when it comes to the GOP candidate. Not just the media but every other left winger as well. People have tuned them out. And so even though there are legitimate issues to be raised in criticism of Trump nobody is listening. None of the moderates or conservatives, anyway.

Media Helps Trump's Image Because They 'Cry Wolf' on All Republicans | National Review

Yes, the media still has credibility when it comes to the GOP candidate.

He says unhinged, authoritarian and dishonest bull**** practically 24/7, and it gets reported.

You can try and dance around that simple fact all you'd like, but it won't change reality.

OK... Trump said all undocumented Mexicans are rapists. I'll concede that point. What is telling is even though he calls them all rapists, he assumes some are good people nevertheless. Some rapists are good people? Only Trump could say that and have someone like you defend him.

That's not true. Either you are lying, or you or parroting a lie. I hope it's the latter.
Trump didn't say all Mexicans were rapists, etc., did he? Neither did Trump say all undocumented Mexicans were rapists, etc., either. Just a goodly enough amount for a vetting process.

Here's a link that mentions Trump's original mandate for Muslim immigration. FBI Admits Trump Is Right That Muslims Aren't Being Properly Vetted » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Last edited:
Trump didn't say all Mexicans were rapists, etc., did he? Neither did Trump say all undocumented Mexicans were rapists, etc., either. Just a goodly enough amount for a vetting process.

Trump certainly said all undocumented Mexicans are rapists, presumably even the women, though some of them are also 'good people'. I suppose a good rapist is one who isn't raping one's own wife or daughter.

He says unhinged, authoritarian and dishonest bull**** practically 24/7, and it gets reported.

You can try and dance around that simple fact all you'd like, but it won't change reality.

Trump understands that some people like hearing "unhinged, authoritarian and dishonest bull**** practically 24/7."

Fortunately, those people are in the minority though not on this forum.

I heard Trump call all undocumented Mexicans rapists with my own ears, so it is a question if I believe you over my own lying ears, and so far I choose believe my own lying ears.
I don't doubt that's your ideology doing the listening.

I don't doubt that's your ideology doing the listening.

Same for you, so the only difference is I'm not a hypocrite about it.

The MSM are suck puppies for elitists, globalists, and Democrats. That is the simple fact. Credibility or gullibility, I'll go with the latter.

The MSM are suck puppies for elitists, globalists, and Democrats.

You can pretend to yourself that's the case all you'd like, but it won't change reality.
That is the simple fact.

See above
Credibility or gullibility, I'll go with the latter.

Well, you do come across as quite gullible. Good choice.

You can pretend to yourself that's the case all you'd like, but it won't change reality.

Yay! More games about pretending!

Well, you do come across as quite gullible. Good choice.

You can't get through one post without trying insult someone. That doesn't help you. What I said is reality, just not yours.

Back
Top Bottom