• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

media & Dems want Joe Lieberman to go away!

Stu Ghatze

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
The man just returned from Iraq, ..& claims many positive things are occurring in Iraq; ..yet Little of it has been reported by the media!

Instead the media editorializes ...along with their stalwart democratic party friends that America should just simply withdraw itself!

What a pity that Joe Lieberman is ignored, & reviled...& usually censored by his own party leaders only because the democratic party at large has INVESTED itself in the failure that it hopes to see in Iraq for nothing BUT political advantage they "seem" to think they are going to get in 06' & 08'!

Roughly 82% of Iraqi's BELIEVE that their life will be better down the road, ..as opposed to still living under the scourge of Saddam, ..& yet the MEDIA refuses to see anything positive in Iraq, as they base everything in Iraq by the few successful suicide terror bombers that are almost impossible to prevent.

One would think that America had gotten the crap kicked out of itself when it engaged, & successfully smashed the republican guard army, ...as well as the Iraqi Army in record time!

So....some ideological Islamic fanatics are holding out, ...actually MOST are not even Iraqi, as the majority are foreign terrorists.

The modern democratic party does NOT deserve Joe Lieberman, ...as it has invested itself in nothing but defeat in Iraq along with the media, & party politics ahead of decency, & truth all at the expense of American security, & whats good for Iraq in the long run!

The REAL mainstream American majority does NOT want to see Iraq fail, ..& damn sure is against America from pulling out before the seeds of freedom are planted, ..& the security concerns are met.

The democratic party, & the mainstream media are misjudging the American majority as they so often do, & ultimately will be their undoing once again in 08'.

Lieberman's words have much wisdom as he stated; "We should support the 27 million Iraqis INSTEAD of pulling out for the benefit of 10 thousand terrorists"!

Lieberman basically told his democratic party leaders; "YOU ARE WRONG"!

Only Joe Lieberman seems to see & care about what is more important here, ...The success in Iraq, ..or the success of the democratic party in politiscizing the war for the success of the democratic party!
 
Last edited:

akyron

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10,352
Reaction score
2,436
Location
Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
Stu Ghatze said:
Roughly 82% of Iraqi's BELIEVE that their life will be better down the road, ..as opposed to still living under the scourge of Saddam, ..& yet the MEDIA refuses to see anything positive in Iraq, as they base everything in Iraq by the few successful suicide terror bombers that are almost impossible to prevent.

QUOTE]


Please provide links. Thank you.
 

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
46
Location
Pergatory
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
If more would come out and say it than the dems would have a whole lot better chance at the next election. Instead they rather devide our country by saying that we are headed in the wrong direction by going in Iraq, then tell our country is devided because of Bush.

All they did is create their own problem and solution, and play the American people as idiots. Like they were some magic problem solver. I find it though, quite entertaining.
 

akyron

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10,352
Reaction score
2,436
Location
Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
stsburns said:
If more would come out and say it than the dems would have a whole lot better chance at the next election. Instead they rather devide our country that we are headed in the wrong direction by going in Iraq, then tell our country is devided.

All they did is create their own problem and solution, and play the American people as idiots. Like they were some magic problem solver. I find it though, quite entertaining.

I would rather see more solution oriented politics as well as opposed to the generic mudslinging we have now.
 

TwoPops4Sure

New member
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
Stu Ghatze said:
The man just returned from Iraq, ..& claims many positive things are occurring in Iraq; ..yet Little of it has been reported by the media!

Instead the media editorializes ...along with their stalwart democratic party friends that America should just simply withdraw itself!

What a pity that Joe Lieberman is ignored, & reviled...& usually censored by his own party leaders only because the democratic party at large has INVESTED itself in the failure that it hopes to see in Iraq for nothing BUT political advantage they "seem" to think they are going to get in 06' & 08'!

Roughly 82% of Iraqi's BELIEVE that their life will be better down the road, ..as opposed to still living under the scourge of Saddam, ..& yet the MEDIA refuses to see anything positive in Iraq, as they base everything in Iraq by the few successful suicide terror bombers that are almost impossible to prevent.

One would think that America had gotten the crap kicked out of itself when it engaged, & successfully smashed the republican guard army, ...as well as the Iraqi Army in record time!

So....some ideological Islamic fanatics are holding out, ...actually MOST are not even Iraqi, as the majority are foreign terrorists.

The modern democratic party does NOT deserve Joe Lieberman, ...as it has invested itself in nothing but defeat in Iraq along with the media, & party politics ahead of decency, & truth all at the expense of American security, & whats good for Iraq in the long run!

The REAL mainstream American majority does NOT want to see Iraq fail, ..& damn sure is against America from pulling out before the seeds of freedom are planted, ..& the security concerns are met.

The democratic party, & the mainstream media are misjudging the American majority as they so often do, & ultimately will be their undoing once again in 08'.

Lieberman's words have much wisdom as he stated; "We should support the 27 million Iraqis INSTEAD of pulling out for the benefit of 10 thousand terrorists"!

Lieberman basically told his democratic party leaders; "YOU ARE WRONG"!

Only Joe Lieberman seems to see & care about what is more important here, ...The success in Iraq, ..or the success of the democratic party in politiscizing the war for the success of the democratic party!
Yes, and he will go away in 2006 if Lowell Weicker(sp) challenges him. Somebody needs to remind him is a US Senator and not a member of the Likud party.

TwoPops
 

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
46
Location
Pergatory
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
akyron said:
I would rather see more solution oriented politics as well as opposed to the generic mudslinging we have now.
Yes, our tax dollars shouldn't be used for some propaganda ring. Politicans need to get along with each other, and do what is best for the American people. Not their agendas.
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
TwoPops4Sure said:
Yes, and he will go away in 2006 if Lowell Weicker(sp) challenges him. Somebody needs to remind him is a US Senator and not a member of the Likud party.

TwoPops
Ahhh......and anti-semitism rears it's ugly head, once again.:roll:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
I just want Joe Lieberman to go away because his voice annoys me. ;)

Don't call me anti-Semitic. My husband is Jewish (and a democrat, and he doesn't like Joe too ;)).
 

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
46
Location
Pergatory
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
aps said:
I just want Joe Lieberman to go away because his voice annoys me. ;)

Don't call me anti-Semitic. My husband is Jewish (and a democrat, and he doesn't like Joe too ;)).
Yea, he does talk like Ben Stein! :mrgreen:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
stsburns said:
Yea, he does talk like Ben Stein! :mrgreen:
Ummmm, who is Ben Stein?? Should I be ashamed of myself for even asking?
 
H

hipsterdufus

aps said:
I just want Joe Lieberman to go away because his voice annoys me. ;)

Don't call me anti-Semitic. My husband is Jewish (and a democrat, and he doesn't like Joe too ;)).
Most people don't know this but Joe used to be on Alf :mrgreen:


Harry Reid would like the Dems to march lock step on the Iraq issue. I don't agree here - I think it's important for the Dems to voice their opinions. People like Lieberman and Hillary have always been hawkish on the Iraq war. Other people - Murtha, Feingold, Dean have been against it.

Vive le difference I say.
 

Deegan

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Most people don't know this but Joe used to be on Alf :mrgreen:


Harry Reid would like the Dems to march lock step on the Iraq issue. I don't agree here - I think it's important for the Dems to voice their opinions. People like Lieberman and Hillary have always been hawkish on the Iraq war. Other people - Murtha, Feingold, Dean have been against it.

Vive le difference I say.
I agree, they should not all walk in lock step, I just wonder what they know about what is going on there? Have they taken the time to honestly investigate the successes there, as well as the failures? Have they bothered to visit the country, any of them? Have they bothered to visit with our troops? This would be my question to these left of center democrats?:confused:

And your words say you respect Joe for his views, but your picture berates, and belittles him, what's up eith that?:confused:
 
H

hipsterdufus

Deegan said:
I agree, they should not all walk in lock step, I just wonder what they know about what is going on there? Have they taken the time to honestly investigate the successes there, as well as the failures? Have they bothered to visit the country, any of them? Have they bothered to visit with our troops? This would be my question to these left of center democrats?:confused:

And your words say you respect Joe for his views, but your picture berates, and belittles him, what's up eith that?:confused:
It's just a joke. Lighten up Francis :mrgreen:

A lot of Dem's, myself included, are not going to support any candidate who is in favor of escalting the war in Iraq.
 
H

hipsterdufus

Slantedfacts said:
I would even consider voting for Mr. Lieberman

. . . and I am NOT DEMOCRAT nor Liberal!
You can have him, once he switches parties. :roll:

BTW- Did you vote for him in 2000?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Slantedfacts said:
I would even consider voting for Mr. Lieberman

. . . and I am NOT DEMOCRAT nor Liberal!
I would have considered voting for him in 2004.......Sadly he had no chance of getting the nomination.............No moderate does with the democratic party being controlled by its left wing whacko base........

The democratic party has very little room for a moderate.......That is the sad part.......
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
You can have him, once he switches parties. :roll:

BTW- Did you vote for him in 2000?
How about you? did you vote for him?
 

Slantedfacts

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Reality Super HiWay
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Navy Pride said:
I would have considered voting for him in 2004.......Sadly he had no chance of getting the nomination.............No moderate does with the democratic party being controlled by its left wing whacko base........

The democratic party has very little room for a moderate.......That is the sad part.......
I think he would be a good President!

So would Doctor (Condi) Rice for that matter!
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Slantedfacts said:
I think he would be a good President!

So would Doctor (Condi) Rice for that matter!
He can't get the nomination...He is to moderate for the left iwng base of the democratic party.......

I would not be surprised to see Condy Rice run as someones VP and I agree with you.....She will make a good one.........
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
306
Location
Geelong, Australia
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Good for Joe Lieberman. And good for John Kerry.

What very few people seem to pick up on is that neither Democrat seemed to have actual reliable sources or data to back their more recent facts on Iraq.

We have to believe their opinions on the progress in Iraq. Question is did either Kerry, or Liberman get in a flack suit and go out into the field and see what was going on. Or did they come to their opinions from the relative safety and speperate world of the U.S green zone....

Because niether comment, actually stated where Kerry or Lieberman actually seems to state specifically where they went in Iraq. (Although if I am wrong about this assertion, please correct me.)

It would just be nice if politicians gave us hard data, video evidence, and facts to back up their claims. Otherwise their comments are rhetoric regardless if they are Democrats or Republicans.

As for the Democrats, well at least they are showing some diveristy in opinion.

But until American media outlets, politicians, and whoever start asking regular GI's how this war is going I don't think you'll ever see any real clarity on this issue, if politicians and top brass of the millitary are the only sources of news in Iraq.:twocents:
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
306
Location
Geelong, Australia
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Oh and when I say hard data, I mean data that actually has a source, and sample size, and error margin. Then the stat is meaning less.

For example if i said that 82% of the people on this site think that I am a crazy Aussie that drinks too much. It would be meaning less.

But if that 82% stat had error margin of +/- 5% and a sample size of 1000, and a source, The Australianlibertarian's Institute of Dodgy Statistics (for example), then I would stick up and take notice that so many of you of guys think that I'm an idiot. Although I wouldn't be too worried about the opinion on the alcohol, because I alreay know that I conume too much alchol. Lol!

Anway I don't mean to trivialise the issue, but I'm just trying to raise the point that people are working themselves into a frenzy for against both Kerry and Lieberman's comments, when in reality there didn't seem to be any hard data, or genuine stats in either Democrats claims.

But if i am wrong then I stand corrected, and this post is void!:mrgreen:
 
Top Bottom