• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Bias is CONSERVATIVE!

Donkey1499 said:
The only things that the press should report on for the War in Iraq are:

1.) If we're winning; of which I know we are cuz there are more dead Al Qaeda than us.

2.) How many terrorists the great USofA smeared all over the sand. But keep our number of dead secret so that it doesn't demoralize the civilians.

3.) Stories of how Iraqi ppl appreciate what we've done there, of which you only hear that on Fox and other Conservative news outlets, cuz Libbies don't want America to win. Remember, America, to the the Liberals, is just a big bully that picks on poor little 'ol Saddaam.

Things the press shouldn't report on:

1.) Politician and Celebrity opinions. Cuz 9 times outta 10, it's a liberal, like Clinton, saying that we should pull out before we're done screwing the terrorists or that we are losing the War. Do you know how much that demoralizes our men and women over there? Alot, I would guess.

2.) Prisoner Abuse. There is none. We are simply humiliating them, and the press wouldn'y even have know if it weren't for some yahoo selling the pics for profit! Stacking them up in naked piles ain't torture. It's mental humiliation. Pure and simple.

3.) Cindy Sheehan. She has no cred. Sheehan acts like she's the only mother to have lost a child in war. Even her own family disowns her and her husband left her. I feel bad that her son died, but her behavior is uncalled for. Her son died for his country, his president, and his family. He died honourably. She had a chance to meet with Bush, so she don't need another.

How many times a day do you need the press to let you know we are winning? Will once a day suffice? Or are your needs more in line with perhaps an hourly message? Sign up now and we can have your Countdown to Victory alerts sent directly to your blackberry or cellular phone 24 hours a day! WE ARE WINNING!!!! Imagine the comfort that these three simple words will bring day after day, hour after hour. You and your loved ones will never need to bother with wondering again.

For your convenience, with this offer you will also receive our newest feature, the Dead Evildoers Tally, which will bring you up to the minute numbers on the dead arab scum littering the streets of Iraq. Disclaimer: this network not responsible for inaccurate reporting of numbers due to large numbers of dead arab non-scum....also littering the streets of Iraq.

LIBERALS HATE AMERICA AND LOVE SADDAM HUSSEIN alerts also available for an extra fee.

As for the things you would like us not to report on? This next special feature was created just for folks - like yourself - who just hate to sit through the yammering of people, well to be frank, of people who just don't share your special thoughts and feelings.

Don't we all hate that? I know I do.

We have developed the exciting and new America Hater's Avoidance Technology specifically to serve the needs of this special group of people. People like you! Simply program the device to detect the presence of an unwanted America hater by typing in their name - say Barbara Streisand or Ted Kennedy or even Clinton (which will give you the added benefit of detecting both Hillary and Bill and even Chelsea, for an extra measure of security) - and whenever one of these undesirable characters appear on your television screen you will automatically be switched to programming more suited to your particular tastes. And in the event of a lack of such desirable programming, ('cause you know what a bunch of scum-suckin' media hounds the lib'rals is) you will automatically be directed to stock footage of Iraqis pulling down the statue of Saddam Hussein or Ann Coulter crossing and uncrossing her legs while she advocates nuking downtown Baghdad.

All for the low, low price of just $49.95 per month!!

So act now. Quantities are limited. etc, etc, etc

Good grief and good night.

mixedmedia said:
How many times a day do you need the press to let you know we are winning? Will once a day suffice? Or are your needs more in line with perhaps an hourly message? Sign up now and we can have your Countdown to Victory alerts sent directly to your blackberry or cellular phone 24 hours a day! WE ARE WINNING!!!! Imagine the comfort that these three simple words will bring day after day, hour after hour. You and your loved ones will never need to bother with wondering again.

For your convenience, with this offer you will also receive our newest feature, the Dead Evildoers Tally, which will bring you up to the minute numbers on the dead arab scum littering the streets of Iraq. Disclaimer: this network not responsible for inaccurate reporting of numbers due to large numbers of dead arab non-scum....also littering the streets of Iraq.

LIBERALS HATE AMERICA AND LOVE SADDAM HUSSEIN alerts also available for an extra fee.

As for the things you would like us not to report on? This next special feature was created just for folks - like yourself - who just hate to sit through the yammering of people, well to be frank, of people who just don't share your special thoughts and feelings.

We have developed the exciting and new America Hater's Avoidance Technology specifically to serve the needs of this special group of people. People like you! Simply program the device to detect the presence of an unwanted America hater by typing in their name - say Barbara Streisand or Ted Kennedy or even Clinton (which will give you the added benefit of detecting both Hillary and Bill and even Chelsea, for an extra measure of security) - and whenever one of these undesirable characters appear on your television screen you will automatically be switched to programming more suited to your particular tastes. And in the event of a lack of such desirable programming, ('cause you know what a bunch of scum-suckin' media hounds the lib'rals is) you will automatically be directed to stock footage of Iraqis pulling down the statue of Saddam Hussein or Ann Coulter crossing and uncrossing her legs while she advocates nuking downtown Baghdad.

Just $49.95!!! SIGN ME UP!

DeeJayH said:
Denial isnt just a river, is it?

you probably cant recognize liberal bias because the Liberal Elite Media spoon feed you exactly what you want to hear
and if they tell you what you want to hear, they must be right, and accurate, and truthful :roll:
your ignorance is amusing
why is it that everyone on the right KNOWS FoxNews leans right
but so many idiot libs/dems cant see the Left slant of the rest of the MSM

FYI, insulting one's intelligence makes you look like a stupid idiot.

Maybe it's you who can not recognize liberal bias. FOX news is not just right, it's about as FAR right as you can go.

As for mainstream media, I would say when it's not busy being status-quo it's busy leaning to the right. Evidence? Well, how about the painting of Kerry as a flip-flopper while George Bush recieved minor scrutiny. How about the focus on Bill Clintons fling with Monica? How about the lack of criticism as we approached war in Iraq? What about the lack of investigative reporting in Iraq? How about the failure to report the Downing Street Memo, H.Res.375, and the world wide protests against the war on September 24th? Oh, the list goes on and on and on.

FYI, I know what liberal bias is and I can tell you without a doubt that It's non-existant in the mainstream press. Yes, today's press has a habit of reporting only the most obvious stories. I wonder why... maybe because they are owned by corporate power houses that rely on conservative policy to flourish.

mixedmedia said:

LOL

By the way, is Anne Coulter any less attractive because she's a right-wing nut?

ban.the.electoral.college said:

Maybe it's you who can not recognize liberal bias. FOX news is not just right, it's about as FAR right as you can go.

As for mainstream media, I would say when it's not busy being status-quo it's busy leaning to the right. Evidence? Well, how about the painting of Kerry as a flip-flopper while George Bush recieved minor scrutiny. How about the focus on Bill Clintons fling with Monica? How about the lack of criticism as we approached war in Iraq? What about the lack of investigative reporting in Iraq? How about the failure to report the Downing Street Memo, H.Res.375, and the world wide protests against the war on September 24th? Oh, the list goes on and on and on.

FYI, I know what liberal bias is and I can tell you without a doubt that It's non-existant in the mainstream press. Yes, today's press has a habit of reporting only the most obvious stories. I wonder why... maybe because they are owned by corporate power houses that rely on conservative policy to flourish.

so if Fox is just 'another' conservative news source, why is it that it beats the other Cable NewsChannels combined.
its actually doing so well because the rest of MSM is liberal. And Fox is the only Conservative channel. The only other refuge for Cons is Talk Radio

This is NOT true. Unlike other news stations, Fox actually tries to be far and balanced. Bill O'Reilly, for example, has often disagreed with Bush.

Yes, the media is owned by corporations but they are corporations with left wing leanings.

DeeJayH said:
so if Fox is just 'another' conservative news source, why is it that it beats the other Cable NewsChannels combined.
its actually doing so well because the rest of MSM is liberal. And Fox is the only Conservative channel. The only other refuge for Cons is Talk Radio

The media genius Rupert Murdoch figured out that there was a huge market of underserved far-right news consumers out there. So, he developed FOX news to tap into those ultra-conservative zealot wallets just the same as Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter did before they came along.

If spoon-fed sensationalist far-right punditry is your refuge, all the more power to you. And, now I know why you think the MSM is liberal. The reality is, the MSM it does not cater to your far-right mentality. I argue that the MSM is staus-quo some of the time and leaning to the right most of the time. For example, the MSM will break a controversial story when It feels it is completely safe to do so. By safe, I mean PR-wise because they have their corporate sponsorship to keep, not to mention the image of their corporate owners.

George_Washington said:
This is NOT true. Unlike other news stations, Fox actually tries to be far and balanced. Bill O'Reilly, for example, has often disagreed with Bush.

Fair and balanced? Nothing could be farther from the truth. Fair and balanced is a joke, and anyone with a little knowledge of media, bias and agenda sees right through it. For example, How can you be fair and balanced when every two minutes you're telling your guest to "shut-up" and then threatening to cut their mic? :lol: Bill O'Reilly is a zealous nut and I think sane people would agree. Having differences of opinion with Bush does not qualify as fair & balanced.

George_Washington said:
Yes, the media is owned by corporations but they are corporations with left wing leanings.

For example ???????????

Fair and balanced? Nothing could be farther from the truth. Fair and balanced is a joke, and anyone with a little knowledge of media, bias and agenda sees right through it. For example, How can you be fair and balanced when every two minutes you're telling your guest to "shut-up" and then threatening to cut their mic? :lol: Bill O'Reilly is a zealous nut and I think sane people would agree. Having differences of opinion with Bush does not qualify as fair & balanced.

What you fail to realize is O'Reilly's show is "the no spin zone'
he shuts down spinners in a heartbeat
If the guest answers the question on hand, the guest is allowed to back it up with whatever rhetoric he/she wants.
But when the guest avoids the issue and just starts ranting rhetoric, they should be shut down
you may enjoy an interview where the guest fails to answer any questions
where the guest, regardless of the question, just spews his agenda, whether it is relevant to the topic at hand or not
if thats your cup of tea, enjoy
i prefer the O'Reilly way of interviewing.
A guest is invited on a show to discuss an issue, not to spew ones political talking points
if they rant, they need to be smacked down
if they dont stay on point, they should have their mic pulled
I am sure CNN would be more than happy to let the guest rant away.
not in the No Spin Zone though

big difference
for example

you were the one to make the outlandish claim that it was controlled by Cons
you prove that
Sinclair and Murdoch hardly represent the whole corporate parents

Originally Posted by DeeJayH:
If the guest answers the question on hand, the guest is allowed to back it up with whatever rhetoric he/she wants.
But when the guest avoids the issue and just starts ranting rhetoric, they should be shut down
where the guest, regardless of the question, just spews his agenda, whether it is relevant to the topic at hand or not
A guest is invited on a show to discuss an issue, not to spew ones political talking points

big difference
The Factor is all-spin, complete-spin and nothing but spin. His way of interviewing is to interrupt anyone that disagrees with him to the point that they can barely make their point, if at all. If I was on that show, I would probably tell that SOB that if he interrupted me one more time, him and I are going to throw-down! The guys a little White House bitch. Although I do have to admit, the last two times I saw him, I agreed with some things he said. He also remained more composed than usual with his obviously hostile guest. But he was back to his usual self with Phil Donahue. That's where the ratings are, when BOR starts spinning like a top.

Billo_Really said:
The Factor is all-spin, complete-spin and nothing but spin. His way of interviewing is to interrupt anyone that disagrees with him to the point that they can barely make their point, if at all. If I was on that show, I would probably tell that SOB that if he interrupted me one more time, him and I are going to throw-down! The guys a little White House bitch. Although I do have to admit, the last two times I saw him, I agreed with some things he said. He also remained more composed than usual with his obviously hostile guest. But he was back to his usual self with Phil Donahue. That's where the ratings are, when BOR starts spinning like a top.

not even worthy of a reply
your hatred blinds you to reality

DeeJayH said:

Welcome to Debate Politics!...You've seen the light!:2wave:

Oh yeah and just to make my stance clear I do not believe that the media is biased to conservatives but nor is it biased to liberals. The media serves as government watch dogs to make sure that the officials you voted for are doing the right thing. That is one of their main purposes and thus it may sometimes seem as if the media is biased to liberals.

But too be quite honest, I don't see why you are complaining. Watch fox news. that is a good conservative channel.

And I still want to hear where you get your news.

Originally Posted by DeeJayH
Or maybe not worthy enough to give one.

Originally Posted by DeeJayH
Not really. I try not to hate. I'm certainly not blinded to reality. Would you care to explain your position in a little more detail? Or is that not worthy of expansion?

Originally posted by cnredd:
Welcome to Debate Politics!...You've seen the light!
Which is what? Not debating in a debate forum? Didn't you accuse me of this once? Guess we've come full circle.

Billo_Really said:

:lol: Yeah, man. The Donahue interview was classic O'Reilly. Man, he was fired up and threatening to cut Phil's mic! I can't believe O'Reilly manages to hold a job as hostile as he is.

DeeJayH said:

big difference

you were the one to make the outlandish claim that it was controlled by Cons
you prove that
Sinclair and Murdoch hardly represent the whole corporate parents

I appreciate the fact that you seek a fair and balanced approach, especially when it seems everyone has an agenda these days. However, I can not help but recognize the fact that one must be seriously misled to put thier trust in FOX's propaganda model.

A "no spin zone" coming from a man with a staunch history of twisting peoples words and misconstruing thier intent is nothing short of laughable. O'Reilly's problem is that he can not handle people who disagree with him. Instead of getting to the root of the disagreement he starts shouting and shutting down the communication process. Not only is he unprofessional but his methods are counter-productive to journalisim.

On another note, FOX has very few journalists compared to other news company's. They rely primarily on news wires and specialized pundits. They are the epitomy of spin and bad journalism. If you want fair and balanced news, I suggest you try reading/listening to both liberal and conservative news sources. Then imagine a story somewhere in between the two extremes. One program, Democracy Now, with Amy Goodman is a great source of news. Amy Goodman gets a lot of reliable and varied sources and does not try to exert her opinion. Democracy Now is syndicated across the nation and you can D/L podcasts from iTunes.

I appreciate the fact that you seek a fair and balanced approach, especially when it seems everyone has an agenda these days. However, I can not help but recognize the fact that one must be seriously misled to put thier trust in FOX's propaganda model.

A "no spin zone" coming from a man with a staunch history of twisting peoples words and misconstruing thier intent is nothing short of laughable. O'Reilly's problem is that he can not handle people who disagree with him. Instead of getting to the root of the disagreement he starts shouting and shutting down the communication process. Not only is he unprofessional but his methods are counter-productive to journalisim.

On another note, FOX has very few journalists compared to other news company's. They rely primarily on news wires and specialized pundits. They are the epitomy of spin and bad journalism. If you want fair and balanced news, I suggest you try reading/listening to both liberal and conservative news sources. Then imagine a story somewhere in between the two extremes. One program, Democracy Now, with Amy Goodman is a great source of news. Amy Goodman gets a lot of reliable and varied sources and does not try to exert her opinion. Democracy Now is syndicated across the nation and you can D/L podcasts from iTunes.

Orielly stops the guest when he ever so slightly gets off topic! He stops a lot of "strawman" arguements (look it up if you have no idea wha i mean)! He is good for an independent voice in the media! No matter what you think of his opinion, he is a great debater!

FinnMacCool said:
The media serves as government watch dogs to make sure that the officials you voted for are doing the right thing. That is one of their main purposes and thus it may sometimes seem as if the media is biased to liberals.

:rofl :2rofll:
in the theoretical it does
in the real world, nah

Billo_Really said:
Not really. I try not to hate. I'm certainly not blinded to reality. Would you care to explain your position in a little more detail? Or is that not worthy of expansion?

I should also point out, to be fair, i graduated from the same high school as Big O
guess you missed this post:
deejayH said:

big difference

but given your response to it, i see it is futile, atleast on this subject

billoreally said:
The Factor is all-spin, complete-spin and nothing but spin

i bet you win every debate you are in with arguments like those :roll:

:lol: Yeah, man. The Donahue interview was classic O'Reilly. Man, he was fired up and threatening to cut Phil's mic! I can't believe O'Reilly manages to hold a job as hostile as he is.

and yet he is the #1 cable news program for over 200 weeks now:3oops:

DeeJayH said:
and yet he is the #1 cable news program for over 200 weeks now:3oops:

Popularity has nothing to do with quality. You should know this. Then again, I would question that given your affinity for the most notorious sydicated propaganda network the world has ever known.

AK_Conservative said:
Orielly stops the guest when he ever so slightly gets off topic! He stops a lot of "strawman" arguements (look it up if you have no idea wha i mean)! He is good for an independent voice in the media! No matter what you think of his opinion, he is a great debater!

Independant voice!? :rofl I've seen O'Reilly in action. He's a terrible spokesman. I think it is his pseudo-machismo demeanor that people unwittingly admire. There's no other way to explain his appeal to the lowest common denominator of intellect.

FinnMacCool said:
And I still want to hear where you get your news.

O'Reilly tv and radio === independent
Boortz ============= libertarian
Hannity ============ right wing nut
Hannity & Colmes ==== nuts from both sides
Special Report with Brit Hume ===== $10,000 bounty offered by Boortz, for proof of any bias on his show, during the reporting phase, not the roundtable phase, has never been collected

grew up reading Newsday ===== liberal
after High school started Wall St Journal ==== Conservative

and of course The Daily Show ========= liberal but amusing as hell

Back
Top Bottom