• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Bias is CONSERVATIVE!

GySgt said:
Dude, I wrote this like 4 days ago or something.

There's always a worse off country. Poor arguement. While we're "liberating" don't forget that this is about our securities.

It's too bad about how they are living because of what their own brothers in "Alah" are doing to them. But the fact is that it is the price that has to be paid. It didn't matter where we attacked. The entire Middle East is the problem and no matter where we went we would be fighting these cretins who find comfort in slaughtering their own as well as anyone that isn't like them. Until the peaceful or passive Muslims in the area rise up beyond what these ****s have done to their religion and their society, they will always be victims. Do you think if we attacked Saudi, the terrorists wouldn't be lashing at us? How about Syria...how about Iran? Do you think Al-Queda would have just stayed away? It wouldn't matter. You people don't get it. 9/11 was not the result of a few rogues. It was a result of a failing civilization. The Middle East is the problem. Their blasphemous version of Islam is the problem. Their age old practices and religious zealousy is the problem. Their oppressions and fear of offending "Allah" is the problem. And you, Christians, Hindus, and "back-slidden" Muslims are their target.

Dude, you wrote it yesterday. Sorry, I have a life. Don't....you?

Yes, our security. It is so obvious that we went to Iraq for our security. All of our reasons for going to Iraq were LIES. At the very least untruths. We went to Iraq because a group of neo-cons were in power who had been foaming at the mouth for this war for decades.

If this would have happened in any Muslim country we invaded, why didn't it happen in Afghanistan, home of Al Qaeda? In between Iran and Pakistan, the two countries who hate us most in the Middle East/South Asian regions? There has been some insurgent action, but nothing like Iraq.

mixedmedia said:
I do understand and I agree.

But truthfully, if these sorts of things have always been going on, why do you suppose Americans have a sense that we are above them? Why the shock about Abu Ghraib? I was living in a very conservative town when Abu Ghraib broke and there was genuine shock across the political spectrum, left and right.

I guess it's the lies I resent the most. I don't want to be lied to. If America isn't going to be the shining "army of freedom & liberty" (because such a thing is not possible) then I want to know about it up front. Enough of the nationalistic myths. Perhaps if Americans were prepared for the inevitability of our major mistakes and shortcomings, then these sorts of things wouldn't beg so to be set free. It is a small world these days, with the internet, 24 hour news and such. We all seem to like these things. But maybe we need to accept that their prevalence in our lives makes secrets very hard to keep.

And outside of Al Gore actually inventing the internet, Liberals have nothing to do with this phenomenon....grumble.....

It's not lies. It's simply keeping you in the dark so that you can't interfere with what we have to do. Something as great as our society doesn't come and is not protected by being "gentlemen" in the face of aggression. We return it and do what we must while Americans go to work and raise their children. We hate the press. I use the word "we" because I'm a Marine, but our will to defeat the enemy and to do what is necessary has existed waaaaay before little old me arrived at Boot Camp. The truth is that it is best that Americans are left in the dark and accept that we are doing our jobs. (Abu-Graib being one of those embarassing exceptions.) It's easier on us.

mixedmedia said:
Dude, you wrote it yesterday. Sorry, I have a life. Don't....you?

Yes, our security. It is so obvious that we went to Iraq for our security. All of our reasons for going to Iraq were LIES. At the very least untruths. We went to Iraq because a group of neo-cons were in power who had been foaming at the mouth for this war for decades.

If this would have happened in any Muslim country we invaded, why didn't it happen in Afghanistan, home of Al Qaeda? In between Iran and Pakistan, the two countries who hate us most in the Middle East/South Asian regions? There has been some insurgent action, but nothing like Iraq.

Because Iraq is in the heartland of these people. They will not stand by as one of their countries defies "Allah" and threatens their power over their people by accepting a western style democracy. Pakistan, Asia, and Afghanistan are on the fringes of this Islamic problem. A democracy is counterproductive to how the Arabs maintain power and their zealots and "martyrs" are running amuck and slaughtering their religion.

It doesn't matter why we went to Iraq. It was a place to start and it got rid of Saddam. We are there and Al-Queda and their legions of their followers are joining us. You don't understand these people. I will continue to say the same things I've always said and what military analysts have said for two decades, but you will never get it. You expect the enemy to be black and white. This is an ideology in which the extremists are pulling the strings and they aren't going to go away without a fight. This is not like America, where people go to church on Sunday and forget about it until next Sunday. This is an entire region that lives and breaths for their God every single day and they are dependent on what Clerics tell them and the governments that control them. No matter what kind of hate they preach. In the Middle East blame is the narcotic of choice. In the Arab heartlands, it is everyone else's fault that their civilization has stagnated and that they can't compete with the rest of the world.

It's not lies. It's simply keeping you in the dark so that you can't interfere with what we have to do.

I totally agree with that statement.Civlians can have the biggest mouths and loose lips can sink ships.

Something as great as our society doesn't come and is not protected by being "gentlemen" in the face of aggression.

Any idiot who think that society gets protected by gentalmen should visit a infantry unit.We were not gentlement when I was a infantry soldeir.

We hate the press. I use the word "we" because I'm a Marine, but our will to defeat the enemy and to do what is necessary has existed waaaaay before little old me arrived at Boot Camp. The truth is that it is best that Americans are left in the dark and accept that we are doing our jobs. (Abu-Graib being one of those embarassing exceptions.) It's easier on us.

Civilians will never understand this and if they had it there way a camera would be mounted on every soldeir's and marine's K-pot so they watch every thing that is going on while eating a bowl of popcorn.

jamesrage said:
Civilians will never understand this and if they had it there way a camera would be mounted on every soldeir's and marine's K-pot so they watch every thing that is going on while eating a bowl of popcorn.
Don't forget that they would also keep a scoresheet handy so they can judge with their superior knowledge whether their soldiers are waging war in a "correct" manner...:roll:

I totally agree with that statement.Civlians can have the biggest mouths and loose lips can sink ships.

Yeah its a shame we can't abolish freedom of speech isn't it? :roll:

Yeah thats really what I am hoping for. :roll: You might hate the press but the press is very important. Without them, we wouldn't have discovered Watergate and without them, our government would descend into a totalitarian regime.

Remember what Thomas Jefferson said "If I had the choice of choosing a government without newspapers, or newspapers without government, I wouldn't hesitate to prefer the latter"

FinnMacCool said:
Remember what Thomas Jefferson said "If I had the choice of choosing a government without newspapers, or newspapers without government, I wouldn't hesitate to prefer the latter"

Thomas Jefferson was way out of touch with reality. :roll:

The only things that the press should report on for the War in Iraq are:

1.) If we're winning; of which I know we are cuz there are more dead Al Qaeda than us.

2.) How many terrorists the great USofA smeared all over the sand. But keep our number of dead secret so that it doesn't demoralize the civilians.

3.) Stories of how Iraqi ppl appreciate what we've done there, of which you only hear that on Fox and other Conservative news outlets, cuz Libbies don't want America to win. Remember, America, to the the Liberals, is just a big bully that picks on poor little 'ol Saddaam.

Things the press shouldn't report on:

1.) Politician and Celebrity opinions. Cuz 9 times outta 10, it's a liberal, like Clinton, saying that we should pull out before we're done screwing the terrorists or that we are losing the War. Do you know how much that demoralizes our men and women over there? Alot, I would guess.

2.) Prisoner Abuse. There is none. We are simply humiliating them, and the press wouldn'y even have know if it weren't for some yahoo selling the pics for profit! Stacking them up in naked piles ain't torture. It's mental humiliation. Pure and simple.

3.) Cindy Sheehan. She has no cred. Sheehan acts like she's the only mother to have lost a child in war. Even her own family disowns her and her husband left her. I feel bad that her son died, but her behavior is uncalled for. Her son died for his country, his president, and his family. He died honourably. She had a chance to meet with Bush, so she don't need another.

Donkey1499 said:

1.) If we're winning; of which I know we are cuz there are more dead Al Qaeda than us.

2.) How many terrorists the great USofA smeared all over the sand. But keep our number of dead secret so that it doesn't demoralize the civilians.

3.) Stories of how Iraqi ppl appreciate what we've done there, of which you only hear that on Fox and other Conservative news outlets, cuz Libbies don't want America to win. Remember, America, to the the Liberals, is just a big bully that picks on poor little 'ol Saddaam.

1.) Politician and Celebrity opinions. Cuz 9 times outta 10, it's a liberal, like Clinton, saying that we should pull out before we're done screwing the terrorists or that we are losing the War. Do you know how much that demoralizes our men and women over there? Alot, I would guess.

2.) Prisoner Abuse. There is none. We are simply humiliating them, and the press wouldn'y even have know if it weren't for some yahoo selling the pics for profit! Stacking them up in naked piles ain't torture. It's mental humiliation. Pure and simple.

3.) Cindy Sheehan. She has no cred. Sheehan acts like she's the only mother to have lost a child in war. Even her own family disowns her and her husband left her. I feel bad that her son died, but her behavior is uncalled for. Her son died for his country, his president, and his family. He died honourably. She had a chance to meet with Bush, so she don't need another.

Sitting down to a well earned hot meal when they are aboard the bases in a chow hall is completely ruined when they have to stare at a TV screen that is showing the opinions of rival politicians and priviledged celebrities who don't understand the situation anymore than they understand the American working class. Guess no more. You are correct. The lack of understanding and the complete disregard to acknowledge positive efforts and successes over everything else is very demorilizing.

Last edited:

So basically, you think the press should only report the news which you agree with? That is the first step towards a totalitarian regime. In fact, when a country invades another country one of the first things they do is take over broadcasting cause thats how important it is to misinform people.

And if your only getting information from one source, how do you know your getting the truth? THe media has to keep an eye on the government and what we're doing and the war we are paying because we, essentially, are paying for this war and we elected these officials democratically and they have to make sure they are doing their job and not doing this whole thing for their own purposes.

That is torture

.) Politician and Celebrity opinions. Cuz 9 times outta 10, it's a liberal, like Clinton, saying that we should pull out before we're done screwing the terrorists or that we are losing the War. Do you know how much that demoralizes our men and women over there? Alot, I would guess.

Sorry but if they aren't smart enough to determine politician and celebritys opinions from reality, I'm afraid there is nothign I can do for them. I also would like to see where you got your statistic when it comes to politicians opinions. However, believe it or not, people actually will give a **** about celebrity opinions. They hold no more weight then any one shmucks opinion but thats what helps sell papers sometimes.
Oh yeah and I'd like to make this clear for you people that think I don't support my country. Just because I disagree with the war in Iraq and why we are there and why went there, I do not think we should immediatly withdraw our troops from there. That would be disastrous. We are commited now and we are stuck there. As soon as we leave, it will be like it never happened. There will be a new regime in place. In fact, that is why we are fighting the insurgents in Iraq now, though I do not know all of their motives or their reasoning. I would like to know because it helps to better understand the enemy. However, you know enough is enough. Iraq is not worse then Vietnam or at least it isn't yet or as far as we know. It could be worse and the gov't could just be keeping it from is though I sincerly doubt that.

I am troubled, however, at the effect of our prescence in Iraq because I believe it could cause more trouble with terrorism. In some ways, you could interpert our invasion of Iraq as a much more effective way of recruitment for terrorists. Because, as I say time and time again, people do not develop fanatical hatred for you overnight.

But I have gotten way off topic here. I apologize for that.

FinnMacCool said:
Aw I hope your joking Mixed. Thomas Jefferson rocks.

Do you really have to ask?

I guess I need to work on my delivery. Maybe follow up with a - ba da bing! - and one of those little punchline drum rolls.

Donkey1499 said:

Boy, am I happy you're not Rupert Murdoch!

FinnMacCool said:
I am troubled, however, at the effect of our prescence in Iraq because I believe it could cause more trouble with terrorism. In some ways, you could interpert our invasion of Iraq as a much more effective way of recruitment for terrorists. Because, as I say time and time again, people do not develop fanatical hatred for you overnight.

But I have gotten way off topic here. I apologize for that.

there is nothing america could do to appease the terrorists, short of collapsing and rising up as an Islamic republic
they are fanatics, so kill em all, where ever we find them.

"I am troubled, however, at the effect of our prescence in Iraq because I believe it could cause more trouble with terrorism. In some ways, you could interpert our invasion of Iraq as a much more effective way of recruitment for terrorists. Because, as I say time and time again, people do not develop fanatical hatred for you overnight."

You're right. They don't develop it over night. They develop it over the course of time. They develop it by growing up hearing on the "tyranny" of western society. They learn how to hate from their religious leaders and they rely on "Allah" to show them the path to righteousness and away from the restrictions and oppresions that their Arab versioned religion has ironically provided them. Beware, no matter his faith, of the man who presumes to tell you what God wants. (This is why it drives me crazy that President Bush made that one statement.)

Our invading Iraq didn't create these people.

Last edited:
The media DID cover this event. A friend of mine was on TV because she was there. This entire thread is a lie.

Even if they didn't, since when is the media required to be an unquestioning mouthpiece for Democrats in order to be "objective?"

Democrats are so use to print and TV news slanting or fabricating information in their favor that they mistake objectivity for conservative bias.

It is a joke.

Just look at how many reporters, news producers, and anchors ADMITTEDLY voted for Kerry, Gore, and Clinton vs. the American people. STARK CONTRAST. If that doesn't convince, then consider that Tim Russert, Bill Moyers, George Stephanopolous, Chris Matthews, and damn near every other household name anchor is not only a registered Democrat, but actually WORKED FOR Democrats IN OFFICE before being trusted to disseminate legitimate news. And their producers are far worse. Many of the people behind the scenes (Mary Maupin, Evan Thomas, the entire staff of the NY Times, etc, etc) are card-carrying radicals of the left.

This is documented fact.

Their just isn't any conservative presence like this in the media. And even if you hysterics want to scream about FOX not having a liberal bias (or, as you say, having a conservative bias), that is one station amidst an ocean of ADMITTEDLY left-wing run print and TV news sources.

So, please give me a f-ing break!

People who peddle nonsense like this thread are completely ignorant of the evidence involved or they are a liar.

I'm copy and pasting my post from the other thread because, obviously, you didn't read it

Is anyone else starting to see the redundancy of these posts? Is there some bias in the media? Yeah there is. Is it all liberal? Hell no. Is it all conservative? Hell no! But the fact that you, Aquapub, seem to think you are somehow proving something by constantly posting updates on the liberal bastards from conservative websites because, obviously, you don't watch CNN, is just plain dumb.
Are you upset about those terrible evil liberal monsters obstructing the nations view? ok then watch Fox news. Most people I know who are conservative watch Fox News. Why? Cause its conservative. There are many people who watch several different news stations, like myself. I know Fox News is conservative and it doesn't matter to me that they spew bullshit though I think its rather sad that people don't make an effort to inform themselves from an unbaised source but whatever.
Perhaps you feel that people cannot tell the difference between a biased and an unbiased report? Ok then your concerns are valid. However only idiots think that way. There aren't that many idiots on these forums. You might convince one of them but you'll never convince all of them. I've watched the Situation Room. Its nice to watch when I get home from school. I know who you are talking about and his hints aren't very subtle. Its pretty obvious he is biased. But using this as evidence that all of the media is liberal then thats just plain simple minded. Everyone has their opinion. This isn't a war against you.

FinnMacCool said:
I think its rather sad that people don't make an effort to inform themselves from an unbaised source but whatever.

just where is this elusive UNBIASED news source :rofl

mind giving me the channel/website you south shore white trash:mrgreen:

signed,
a former south shore white trash
now a floridiot

finnmaccool said:
Most people I know who are conservative watch Fox News.

and is that the case because just about every other person on every other channel is LIBERAL

aquapub said:
The media DID cover this event. A friend of mine was on TV because she was there. This entire thread is a lie.

Even if they didn't, since when is the media required to be an unquestioning mouthpiece for Democrats in order to be "objective?"

Democrats are so use to print and TV news slanting or fabricating information in their favor that they mistake objectivity for conservative bias.

It is a joke.

Just look at how many reporters, news producers, and anchors ADMITTEDLY voted for Kerry, Gore, and Clinton vs. the American people. STARK CONTRAST. If that doesn't convince, then consider that Tim Russert, Bill Moyers, George Stephanopolous, Chris Matthews, and damn near every other household name anchor is not only a registered Democrat, but actually WORKED FOR Democrats IN OFFICE before being trusted to disseminate legitimate news. And their producers are far worse. Many of the people behind the scenes (Mary Maupin, Evan Thomas, the entire staff of the NY Times, etc, etc) are card-carrying radicals of the left.

This is documented fact.

Their just isn't any conservative presence like this in the media. And even if you hysterics want to scream about FOX not having a liberal bias (or, as you say, having a conservative bias), that is one station amidst an ocean of ADMITTEDLY left-wing run print and TV news sources.

So, please give me a f-ing break!

People who peddle nonsense like this thread are completely ignorant of the evidence involved or they are a liar.

You're kidding right?

You think because you saw your friend on TV that the media covered the event. Sorry, I was tuned into to all the sources: print, blog and TV and the only one who came close to covering the event was The Nation, while C-Span was kind enough to cover the speeches.

BTW, it doesn't mean squat how biased the producers or journalists may be, they are all subject to the policies and guidelines of their company. Need I even mention the conservative handful of multi-national corporations who own 90% of the media?

The only liberal media bias today is found amongst the blog's and programs such as Air America.

Nice try buddy. Care to entertain us with any more jokes?

FinnMacCool said:
Nah its just hard to tell someone is joking when you read a sentence lmao.

No kidding. Some folks have a real strange sense of humor. Then I realize they are not joking. :eek:

ban.the.electoral.college said:

You're kidding right?

You think because you saw your friend on TV that the media covered the event. Sorry, I was tuned into to all the sources: print, blog and TV and the only one who came close to covering the event was The Nation, while C-Span was kind enough to cover the speeches.

BTW, it doesn't mean squat how biased the producers or journalists may be, they are all subject to the policies and guidelines of their company. Need I even mention the conservative handful of multi-national corporations who own 90% of the media?

The only liberal media bias today is found amongst the blog's and programs such as Air America.

Nice try buddy. Care to entertain us with any more jokes?

Denial isnt just a river, is it?

you probably cant recognize liberal bias because the Liberal Elite Media spoon feed you exactly what you want to hear
and if they tell you what you want to hear, they must be right, and accurate, and truthful :roll:
your ignorance is amusing
why is it that everyone on the right KNOWS FoxNews leans right
but so many idiot libs/dems cant see the Left slant of the rest of the MSM

Originally Posted by DeeJayH:

you probably cant recognize liberal bias because the Liberal Elite Media spoon feed you exactly what you want to hear
and if they tell you what you want to hear, they must be right, and accurate, and truthful
That's because there is no "...Left slant...". It's all right.

just where is this elusive UNBIASED news source

mind giving me the channel/website you south shore white trash

signed,
a former south shore white trash
now a floridiot

Perhaps non partisan is a better word? Or even bi partisan. You can get both sides of the issue and form an opinion on that. However despite that, this more reinforces my point then anything else.

and is that the case because just about every other person on every other channel is LIBERAL

Er. . .yeah. . . .right. . .Just about every other person on every other channel is a liberal. Of course. . .why didn't I think of that?

and if they tell you what you want to hear, they must be right, and accurate, and truthful
So where do you get your news from? Thats what I want to know. If it is true I know nothing then how do you know you know anything?

Last edited:
I don't get it...why is the media being accused of being conservative? There is nothing but scandel, military bashing, and government bashing all over the place. How is this conservative?

Back
Top Bottom