• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Bias is CONSERVATIVE!

mixedmedia said:
But I'm asking what is the goal? Knowing the goal might help. Do you know the goal yourself?

And be sure not to get bogged down in the "details" when it is our soldiers turn to suffer some "minor sexual humiliation," at the hands of one of our enemies. When that happens, I want to see conservatives take it in stride. No whining about right or wrong, okay, because its getting in the way of the goal.

Goal = When Iraq can defend itself, the mission is complete.
Sniper = "Screw the mission....some people got humiliated at Abu Graib and I will not rest until this dead horse is a bloody pulp and the military get's turned upside down for what civilians in uniform did and some rival politicians get some votes and we run the story on the news 24/7 and Mulsims everywhere get more enraged!"

As far as the military suffering what the Arab's "correct" definitions of torture is, we have always took exception to it, because it has always happened. It's what they do. It barely gets any attention by any of you. But let some National Guardsmen do it and the heavens implode and liberals cry "oh the humanity!" You think they needed Abu Graib to practice onn us what is in their nature?

mixedmedia said:
Its obvious you know as much about liberals as you do about the importance of human rights. So if I'm not concerned about the humanity of these prisoners, then what is it that I'm concerned about? You can't tell me it has anything to do with politics.

It must be nice to have the whole world figured out and sewn up nicely in an easy to handle package that complies fully with all of your ideas and notions. Conservatives are so lucky.

Your concerns are married to your emotions. You lack the willpower to call what is wrong and move on. You lack the stomach to accept that those involved were punished. You expect the whole mission to crumble, because of some naked prisoners and a stupid Koran. Answer this....Were you concerned about Iraqi suffering under Saddam? And if you were, wasn't it worth doing something about? You know....for humanity.

The liberals sense of humanity is selective. It always has been. Conservative understand reality. Liberals live in a fantasy world full of idealogue.

Last edited:
Really Gysgt? Your saying that you conservatives gave a damn either? Hypocrites. If you say that they did I know that your lying.

I was told the same thing by someone who is a racist pig. You conservatives are not any better then liberals. You don't understand reality any better then we do.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Your concerns are married to your emotions. You lack the willpower to call what is wrong and move on. You lack the stomach to accept that those involved were punished. You expect the whole mission to crumble, because of some naked prisoners and a stupid Koran. Answer this....Were you concerned about Iraqi suffering under Saddam? And if you were, wasn't it worth doing something about? You know....for humanity.

The liberals sense of humanity is selective. It always has been. Conservative understand reality. Liberals live in a fantasy world full of idealogue.

:rofl You're a regular comedian. You should quit your day job.

mixedmedia said:
I understand what you're saying. And I don't have much to say other than it makes me incredibly sad. This is a ****ed up Catch-22 we now find ourselves in. Of course, I tend to believe that we are not innocent travelers on the road that has brought us here. You would probably disagree. But I guess it really doesn't matter. It's a grievous situation no matter what your opinion is on how it came about. It's just terribly sad.
Actually the opposite...I agree with you wholeheartedly...I believe EVERYBODY is a prick during war...we are NOT "innocent travelers"...never have been...

But the media reports it as if this is a new thing...it's not...previously, things like this weren't revealed until AFTER the war...this was done on purpose to PREVENT situations like Nick Berg's...Now it's "anything goes" and consequences be damned!:(

Yes, it's a VERY greivious situation, but it should be discussed once the bigger picture...the war in Iraq itself...is completed...There used to be a time when the military would say to the press "Don't report this...It will hurt us."...The press's response was always "I see your point...OK"...Nowadays, it's "**** you!"...

And then people wonder why the military doesn't like the press...:roll:

You and I may be aware that things that happened in Abu Gharib are common place but americans do not know this. A similar thing happened in vietnam impact wise when american soldiers were caught in the act of looting a vietnamese village and acting like complete dicks. This brought about huge protests for the war and though it might be regrettable, or at least for the people who believed that it was worth fighting for, it happens because the american people have a right to know whats going on because we are paying for these wars. I think you really just have to trust your conscience.

FinnMacCool said:
You and I may be aware that things that happened in Abu Gharib are common place but americans do not know this. A similar thing happened in vietnam impact wise when american soldiers were caught in the act of looting a vietnamese village and acting like complete dicks. This brought about huge protests for the war and though it might be regrettable, or at least for the people who believed that it was worth fighting for, it happens because the american people have a right to know whats going on because we are paying for these wars. I think you really just have to trust your conscience.

Right to know=enemies fueled by this knowledge...

This is ANOTHER example of "Freedom of the Press" trumping consequences...:roll:

Would you rather have a government regulated media? I don't think so. . .

Thats what I fear is happening now because the new head of public broadcasting is a conservative who gave a lot of money to Bush with no prior experience and she is now is going to strive to bring Fair about Balanced news to us. Yeah right. Fair and Balanced maybe fox news style.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
:rofl You're a regular comedian. You should quit your day job.

I can't. My day job is what allows you to freely be a protesting fool. Enjoy it. :2wave:

FinnMacCool said:
Really Gysgt? Your saying that you conservatives gave a damn either? Hypocrites. If you say that they did I know that your lying.

I was told the same thing by someone who is a racist pig. You conservatives are not any better then liberals. You don't understand reality any better then we do.

Hypocrisy is in everything and everybody. Save your useless words.

Reality? I live this reality. You are the one's in a fantasy "everything's grand in Disney Land" world. There is more to life and the cruelty of it than popping zits in a mirror. The majority of the world sucks. You live a life of priviledge. Most do not.

FinnMacCool said:
Would you rather have a government regulated media? I don't think so. . .
In wartime, there was always a military regulated media until Vietnam...We've had people crying about military procedures ever since...

There once was a time when the news was reported by Star & Stripes...

Now it's reported by Imacrybabyprotestorblog.com...:shock:

FinnMacCool said:
Thats what I fear is happening now because the new head of public broadcasting is a conservative who gave a lot of money to Bush with no prior experience and she is now is going to strive to bring Fair about Balanced news to us. Yeah right. Fair and Balanced maybe fox news style.
But there were NO issues in your mind when the head of Public Broadcasting was a Liberal...No sir...Not a peep out of ya...:roll:

Liberal...Conservative..whatever.

There should not be any restriction to the freedom of the press. BUT there is a difference in reporting maliciously and reporting responsibly. We haven't seen much of the latter in a long time. Every reporter has an onpinion and every viewer gets an ear full of what they think are "facts."

GySgt said:
Liberal...Conservative..whatever.

There should not be any restriction to the freedom of the press. BUT there is a difference in reporting maliciously and reporting responsibly. We haven't seen much of the latter in a long time. Every reporter has an onpinion and every viewer gets an ear full of what they think are "facts."
The sad part in that some people ONLY hear certain parts and filter out the rest...

cnredd said:
The sad part in that some people ONLY hear certain parts and filter out the rest...

Yep.:2razz:

In wartime, there was always a military regulated media until Vietnam...We've had people crying about military procedures ever since...

There once was a time when the news was reported by Star & Stripes...

Now it's reported by Imacrybabyprotestorblog.com...

I'd like to see some proof of this.

But there were NO issues in your mind when the head of Public Broadcasting was a Liberal...No sir...Not a peep out of ya...

Did that liberal get into that posistion the same way Mike Brown became head of FEMA?

BUT there is a difference in reporting maliciously and reporting responsibly. We haven't seen much of the latter in a long time. Every reporter has an onpinion and every viewer gets an ear full of what they think are "facts."

Hmm. . .very interesting. I'm gonna have to check up on that.

Hypocrisy is in everything and everybody. Save your useless words.

Reality? I live this reality. You are the one's in a fantasy "everything's grand in Disney Land" world. There is more to life and the cruelty of it than popping zits in a mirror. The majority of the world sucks. You live a life of priviledge. Most do not.

Shows how much you know about me. When did I ever say I ever thought this world wasn't cruel? Hmm?

On the contrary, I understand that this world is very cruel. thats the problem with people. They don't understand that and they just think that everything is good and great and they don't give a **** about anything outside their comfort zone.

I cannot help if I was born into privledge but I'm surprised you still take such a stance on me when I believe I have already proved that I am, forgive me, a bit smarter then the average teenager. I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe in unlike most of them and have never ever made fun of a single person for absolutely no reason nor did I ever beat someone down simply because I could though I did get into fights with a few smart asses. Not to mention I saw one of my friends try and kill herself when I was in 7th grade. My parents going through a divorce and having to work a job and having to take care of myself. Yeah its all true.

I guess this is not enough for you. In truth, you are someone who has made me seriously have to question my beliefs sometimes as your arguments have sometimes been very very well written. However when you say things like this, my opinion of you lessens. I don't suppose you care do you? After all my opinion is worthless isn't it?

FinnMacCool said:
I'd like to see some proof of this.

Did that liberal get into that posistion the same way Mike Brown became head of FEMA?

Hmm. . .very interesting. I'm gonna have to check up on that.

Shows how much you know about me. When did I ever say I ever thought this world wasn't cruel? Hmm?

On the contrary, I understand that this world is very cruel. thats the problem with people. They don't understand that and they just think that everything is good and great and they don't give a **** about anything outside their comfort zone.

I cannot help if I was born into privledge but I'm surprised you still take such a stance on me when I believe I have already proved that I am, forgive me, a bit smarter then the average teenager. I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe in unlike most of them and have never ever made fun of a single person for absolutely no reason nor did I ever beat someone down simply because I could though I did get into fights with a few smart asses. Not to mention I saw one of my friends try and kill herself when I was in 7th grade. My parents going through a divorce and having to work a job and having to take care of myself. Yeah its all true.

I guess this is not enough for you. In truth, you are someone who has made me seriously have to question my beliefs sometimes as your arguments have sometimes been very very well written. However when you say things like this, my opinion of you lessens. I don't suppose you care do you? After all my opinion is worthless isn't it?

It is when you claim this sort of thing to a person of my real world experience....

"You don't understand reality any better then we do."

You said that conservatives understand reality and liberals don't. What made me make that statement was your generalizations. So you came right back and insulted me. What makes what you said have any more worth then what I said?

Last edited:
GySgt said:
I can't. My day job is what allows you to freely be a protesting fool. Enjoy it. :2wave:

Hahah, Perhaps the military as a whole. I'm sure if you quit the military, freedom would not come crashing down.

FinnMacCool said:
You said that conservatives understand reality and liberals don't. What made me make that statement was your generalizations. So you came right back and insulted me. What makes what you said have any more worth then what I said?

Two things:

1) Arrogance
2) Head up his ass

ban.the.electoral.college said:
Hahah, Perhaps the military as a whole. I'm sure if you quit the military, freedom would not come crashing down.

Yes it would. It all depends on me.

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man. - Fletch

My apologies.

GySgt said:

Don't even begin to tell me who I am or what I am capable of, GySgt. Was I concerned about Iraqis under Saddam? Not nearly as much as I am now. Do I need to tell you, all wise and knowing GySgt what other nations have been suffering under and under much worse conditions than Iraqis before this war? I can make you a fine list of human atrocity that America has turned a blind eye to, ignored, betrayed and forgotten. Before the war, Iraqis had fear from speaking out against Saddam. Now they fear finding a job. Taking their kids out to get an ice cream cone. Showing up for work. This is no little thing. A culture of ignorance and abuse in our detainee prisons is no little detail that should be expected to be shirked off as no big deal. So why don't you try getting the hell off your high horse. You're not the only one on this forum who knows a thing or two about the reality of hell on this earth. Sorry if it irks you that about half the planet disagrees with your views. But I suggest you get used to it. Reality is subjective and changeable.

You (and the little Greek chorus of idiot savants you have managed to assemble on this forum - for one of them is certain to come running to your aid) can take a long hike off a short pier as my dad used to say.

mixedmedia said:
Don't even begin to tell me who I am or what I am capable of, GySgt. Was I concerned about Iraqis under Saddam? Not nearly as much as I am now. Do I need to tell you, all wise and knowing GySgt what other nations have been suffering under and under much worse conditions than Iraqis before this war? I can make you a fine list of human atrocity that America has turned a blind eye to, ignored, betrayed and forgotten. Before the war, Iraqis had fear from speaking out against Saddam. Now they fear finding a job. Taking their kids out to get an ice cream cone. Showing up for work. This is no little thing. A culture of ignorance and abuse in our detainee prisons is no little detail that should be expected to be shirked off as no big deal. So why don't you try getting the hell off your high horse. You're not the only one on this forum who knows a thing or two about the reality of hell on this earth. Sorry if it irks you that about half the planet disagrees with your views. But I suggest you get used to it. Reality is subjective and changeable.

You (and the little Greek chorus of idiot savants you have managed to assemble on this forum - for one of them is certain to come running to your aid) can take a long hike off a short pier as my dad used to say.

Dude, I wrote this like 4 days ago or something.

There's always a worse off country. Poor arguement. While we're "liberating" don't forget that this is about our securities.

It's too bad about how they are living because of what their own brothers in "Alah" are doing to them. But the fact is that it is the price that has to be paid. It didn't matter where we attacked. The entire Middle East is the problem and no matter where we went we would be fighting these cretins who find comfort in slaughtering their own as well as anyone that isn't like them. Until the peaceful or passive Muslims in the area rise up beyond what these ****s have done to their religion and their society, they will always be victims. Do you think if we attacked Saudi, the terrorists wouldn't be lashing at us? How about Syria...how about Iran? Do you think Al-Queda would have just stayed away? It wouldn't matter. You people don't get it. 9/11 was not the result of a few rogues. It was a result of a failing civilization. The Middle East is the problem. Their blasphemous version of Islam is the problem. Their age old practices and religious zealousy is the problem. Their oppressions and fear of offending "Allah" is the problem. And you, Christians, Hindus, and "back-slidden" Muslims are their target.

Last edited:
cnredd said:
Actually the opposite...I agree with you wholeheartedly...I believe EVERYBODY is a prick during war...we are NOT "innocent travelers"...never have been...

But the media reports it as if this is a new thing...it's not...previously, things like this weren't revealed until AFTER the war...this was done on purpose to PREVENT situations like Nick Berg's...Now it's "anything goes" and consequences be damned!:(

Yes, it's a VERY greivious situation, but it should be discussed once the bigger picture...the war in Iraq itself...is completed...There used to be a time when the military would say to the press "Don't report this...It will hurt us."...The press's response was always "I see your point...OK"...Nowadays, it's "**** you!"...

And then people wonder why the military doesn't like the press...:roll:

I do understand and I agree.

But truthfully, if these sorts of things have always been going on, why do you suppose Americans have a sense that we are above them? Why the shock about Abu Ghraib? I was living in a very conservative town when Abu Ghraib broke and there was genuine shock across the political spectrum, left and right.

I guess it's the lies I resent the most. I don't want to be lied to. If America isn't going to be the shining "army of freedom & liberty" (because such a thing is not possible) then I want to know about it up front. Enough of the nationalistic myths. Perhaps if Americans were prepared for the inevitability of our major mistakes and shortcomings, then these sorts of things wouldn't beg so to be set free. It is a small world these days, with the internet, 24 hour news and such. We all seem to like these things. But maybe we need to accept that their prevalence in our lives makes secrets very hard to keep.

And outside of Al Gore actually inventing the internet, Liberals have nothing to do with this phenomenon....grumble.....

Back
Top Bottom