• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Bias is CONSERVATIVE!

Billo_Really said:
You should try listening to yourself before you talk. Because your reason for why they didn't is a lot more ridiculous than mine.

How is my statement ridiculous? Becuase it is truth? Do you not believe truth? Do you stir up false accusations as the media does? Saying the media is conservative (even when the whole ntion does not agree), why are they reporting false statements to condemn the bush administration? Better yet, why a you giving false statements?

Originally posted by AK_Conservative:
How is my statement ridiculous? Becuase it is truth? Do you not believe truth? Do you stir up false accusations as the media does? Saying the media is conservative (even when the whole ntion does not agree), why are they reporting false statements to condemn the bush administration? Better yet, why a you giving false statements?
Name just one.

Billo_Really said:
Bias_billo_really...........its almost cowboy-like!
Can you give me a Yee Haa, Billo_Really! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
AK_Conservative said:
this thread is a great example

CBS news anchor Dan Rather has interviewed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. When asked what it was like to talk to a crazy man, Saddam said, 'It's not so bad.'
Conan O'Brien

Not a fan of Conan but I thought that was funny.

Anyone that thinks the American Media is Conservative. Doesn't understand English .

George_Washington said:
I actually think the media bias is pretty liberal for the most part. I've worked for a television station in the past and most of the people there were Democrats. From what I've seen, most news stations tend to air things that are anti-capitalistic. Not all the time but our station in my home town has a program that is supposed to kind of, "Save" consumers from the big bad corporation. I can see the good that it's done. But then again, I think people in the media naturally just have a slight distrust for government and corporations.

:rofl That's really funny.

I don't think that the media is maliciously liberal based, but it certainly isn't conservative. The media strives to bring every dramatic story and tragedy to the publics attention. It is not about truth. It is about scandel and money. There is no success stories that will sell papers over what a tragedy will do. Selling a story to the public on a "flushed Koran", or the humiliation of militant Islamists at "Abu-Ghraib", or the alleged abuses at Gitmo, will always find an interested audience over a success story of the Kurds in Iraq or the successes all across Iraq. By exploiting any chance to produce a story, they feed on the frenzy of the liberal that is striving for any mundane detail that may derail any effort. Thereby, the media is always accused of being "liberally based". They kind of compliment each other. The media and the liberal, absolutely love to get bogged down in details and isolations. The bigger the scandel plus its exxagerations, the bigger the story and attention. Reporters have opinions and news castors have opinions. You want to witness an unproffesional spectacle of an individual presenting the "facts?" Tune in any channel.

If a Democrat was in the Presidency, the media would still be a frenzied mess to deliver the "goods" to who ever will tune it in.

GySgt said:
I don't think that the media is maliciously liberal based, but it certainly isn't conservative. The media strives to bring every dramatic story and tragedy to the publics attention. It is not about truth. It is about scandel and money. There is no success stories that will sell papers over what a tragedy will do. Selling a story to the public on a "flushed Koran", or the humiliation of militant Islamists at "Abu-Ghraib", or the alleged abuses at Gitmo, will always find an interested audience over a success story of the Kurds in Iraq or the successes all across Iraq. By exploiting any chance to produce a story, they feed on the frenzy of the liberal that is striving for any mundane detail that may derail any effort. Thereby, the media is always accused of being "liberally based". They kind of compliment each other. The media and the liberal, absolutely love to get bogged down in details and isolations. The bigger the scandel plus its exxagerations, the bigger the story and attention. Reporters have opinions and news castors have opinions. You want to witness an unproffesional spectacle of an individual presenting the "facts?" Tune in any channel.

If a Democrat was in the Presidency, the media would still be a frenzied mess to deliver the "goods" to who ever will tune it in.

Oh, so the public greed for outrage, exploitation and scandal is all the liberals fault now? Good grief. You might want to mount that premise on one of those taffy pulling machines and see if you can stretch out a little longer. Perhaps then you can blame Geraldo on us, too.

mixedmedia said:
Oh, so the public greed for outrage, exploitation and scandal is all the liberals fault now? Good grief. You might want to mount that premise on one of those taffy pulling machines and see if you can stretch out a little longer. Perhaps then you can blame Geraldo on us, too.

No....you said that. I only said the obvious. The media loves scandel and "stories." Liberals love to get mired at the expense of the goal. Even under President Clinton they did it.

Geraldo is a moron, but if you wish to claim him amongst your numbers...it's a free country. I wouldn't claim him.

GySgt said:
Geraldo is a moron, but if you wish to claim him amongst your numbers...it's a free country. I wouldn't claim him.

Yea he is. It was comical when he was getting blown away while he was reporting on the hurricanes. And I can't believe even FOX news would let him go to Iraq. IMO, the soliders should have detained him, and locked him up in Abu Ghraib. Maybe hold his eyelids open and spray salt into them. (JK):rofl

GySgt said:
No....you said that. I only said the obvious. The media loves scandel and "stories." Liberals love to get mired at the expense of the goal. Even under President Clinton they did it.

Yes the media loves scandals and "stories." What does that have to do with liberal concerns? I seriously think you are stretching a thesis that I essentially agree with to throw an unwarranted dart at liberals. And as far as I can remember "liberals" weren't the only ones shocked by our apparent human rights abuses in Abu Ghraib, Gitmo and Afghanistan.

And sorry dude. Geraldo is clearly on your team.

And what exactly is the goal that requires us to drag people around nude by leashes and flush Korans down toilets?

mixedmedia said:
And what exactly is the goal that requires us to drag people around nude by leashes and flush Korans down toilets?

WAY TO PROVE MY POINT! Liberals get mired in details and lose sight of the goal. They focus on the negative.

There is an old military proverb. "Never let the Battalion get bogged down by a sniper."

mixedmedia said:
Yes the media loves scandals and "stories." What does that have to do with liberal concerns? I seriously think you are stretching a thesis that I essentially agree with to throw an unwarranted dart at liberals. And as far as I can remember "liberals" weren't the only ones shocked by our apparent human rights abuses in Abu Ghraib, Gitmo and Afghanistan.

And sorry dude. Geraldo is clearly on your team.

There is no stretch and it has nothing to do with darts. Liberals love scandels. They love an opportunity to show where America errs. In Somalia, we had a chance to do something great if our President let us do our jobs. The minute we lose a handful of soldiers, liberals whine and cry to pull us out. The media also had a great time with it. The two are intertwined.

The "liberals" concern had nothing to do with humanity or prisoners. Their "humanity" is selective. This is why it is BS. It had everything to do with bashing a Republican representative.

mixedmedia said:

how about the first one breaks the enemies spirit and it is NOT torture

The koran flushing incident was a FRAUD
actually let me correct that. the only time a koran was flushed it was done by MUSLIM TERRORIST PRISONERS
way to get bogged down :lol:

GySgt said:
There is no stretch and it has nothing to do with darts. Liberals love scandels. They love an opportunity to show where America errs. In Somalia, we had a chance to do something great if our President let us do our jobs. The minute we lose a handful of soldiers, liberals whine and cry to pull us out. The media also had a great time with it. The two are intertwined.

The "liberals" concern had nothing to do with humanity or prisoners. Their "humanity" is selective. This is why it is BS. It had everything to do with bashing a Republican representative.

Lol, you might as well go on to say, conservatives enjoy living in a bubble of positivity because they are hopelessly out of touch with reality. In fact, they go out of their way to shun any attention to the fact that they contribute to many of America's problems. I'm currently enjoying watching the conservative party fall apart. It's about time the media got it's head out of it's ass. Still, they don't do enough of it.

Exposing problems are how problems get solved.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
Exposing problems are how problems get solved.
And that is why the left love Ken Starr...:2wave:

GySgt said:
WAY TO PROVE MY POINT! Liberals get mired in details and lose sight of the goal. They focus on the negative.

There is an old military proverb. "Never let the Battalion get bogged down by a sniper."

But I'm asking what is the goal? Knowing the goal might help. Do you know the goal yourself?

And be sure not to get bogged down in the "details" when it is our soldiers turn to suffer some "minor sexual humiliation," at the hands of one of our enemies. When that happens, I want to see conservatives take it in stride. No whining about right or wrong, okay, because its getting in the way of the goal.

cnredd said:
And that is why the left love Ken Starr...:2wave:

I am willing to accept the dogged determination of the right's quest to expose the fact that Bill Clinton lied under oath about a blowjob if that means we can have the truth about the torture of our military detainees. It is a small price to pay.

I guess it all depends on what is important to ya.

GySgt said:

Its obvious you know as much about liberals as you do about the importance of human rights. So if I'm not concerned about the humanity of these prisoners, then what is it that I'm concerned about? You can't tell me it has anything to do with politics.

It must be nice to have the whole world figured out and sewn up nicely in an easy to handle package that complies fully with all of your ideas and notions. Conservatives are so lucky.

mixedmedia said:
I am willing to accept the dogged determination of the right's quest to expose the fact that Bill Clinton lied under oath about a blowjob if that means we can have the truth about the torture of our military detainees. It is a small price to pay.

I guess it all depends on what is important to ya.
When Nick Berg's head is placed back on his neck and the apologies come from the terrorists who said it was a direct result of the public reports on Abu Gharib, then I will consider a "He whom shall not be blamed" reference a good comparison...

cnredd said:
When Nick Berg's head is placed back on his neck and the apologies come from the terrorists who said it was a direct result of the public reports on Abu Gharib, then I will consider a "He whom shall not be blamed" reference a good comparison...

What is your point? That we should use the statements and actions of the insurgency in Iraq to justify our own actions?

Perhaps then we can use the legacy of Jeffrey Dahmer to excuse Bill Clinton.

mixedmedia said:
What is your point? That we should use the statements and actions of the insurgency in Iraq to justify our own actions?

Perhaps then we can use the legacy of Jeffrey Dahmer to excuse Bill Clinton.
The point is that exploiting the problems of a few(Abu Gharib) has successfully completed the task that the perception is that it's the WHOLE MILITARY'S fault...This fuels the fire of those with the silly-star chromasome to kill in the name of Allah against the savage infedels...

CAIRO, Egypt - From Baghdad to Cairo, the brutal beheading of American contractor Nicholas Berg in Iraq by militant extremists was widely condemned, yet it was also seen as an unfortunate, but inevitable act of revenge for the revelations of U.S. prisoner abuse at the Abu Gharib prison.

In Cairo, university student Mohamed Mwafiq saw the news on TV. "It's a very terrible thing," he said, but "it's action and reaction."

Fellow student Amin Hanouris extended sympathy to Berg's family but said, "Let me be frank with you, this is because of revenge."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4978424/

And who revealed it? People from the good 'ol US of A...

No revelation?...No Nick Berg dead...No fuel to the fire...

If the reporting done today was done during WWII, we'd lose our resolve in 3 days...

I guess you'd consider Berg a hero now because he died so the freedom of the press can live...

cnredd said:
The point is that exploiting the problems of a few(Abu Gharib) has successfully completed the task that the perception is that it's the WHOLE MILITARY'S fault...This fuels the fire of those with the silly-star chromasome to kill in the name of Allah against the savage infedels...

CAIRO, Egypt - From Baghdad to Cairo, the brutal beheading of American contractor Nicholas Berg in Iraq by militant extremists was widely condemned, yet it was also seen as an unfortunate, but inevitable act of revenge for the revelations of U.S. prisoner abuse at the Abu Gharib prison.

In Cairo, university student Mohamed Mwafiq saw the news on TV. "It's a very terrible thing," he said, but "it's action and reaction."

Fellow student Amin Hanouris extended sympathy to Berg's family but said, "Let me be frank with you, this is because of revenge."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4978424/

And who revealed it? People from the good 'ol US of A...

No revelation?...No Nick Berg dead...No fuel to the fire...

If the reporting done today was done during WWII, we'd lose our resolve in 3 days...

I guess you'd consider Berg a hero now because he died so the freedom of the press can live...

I understand what you're saying. And I don't have much to say other than it makes me incredibly sad. This is a ****ed up Catch-22 we now find ourselves in. Of course, I tend to believe that we are not innocent travelers on the road that has brought us here. You would probably disagree. But I guess it really doesn't matter. It's a grievous situation no matter what your opinion is on how it came about. It's just terribly sad.

Back
Top Bottom