• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media bias in full display?

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Bern.jpg Bern 2.jpg

So which was it?

The Daily News is MUCH more correct. But as with all biased coverage, even the NYP has some truth. But it's teetering to the Pants on Fire side.

Michelle Obama knocked it out of the park.

As did Rudy Giuliani, all of Trump's kids, Sergeant Clarke, and yes, Melania Trump.

I don't get all the overblown applause for Michelle Obama. It's not hard to get up and say you love your kids.

Bernie got up and gave a campaign speech. His voters took over the arena from start to finish. If the media was doing it's job, it would have focused on that reality, along with the absence of Wasserman. They ignored both.

As did Rudy Giuliani, all of Trump's kids, Sergeant Clarke, and yes, Melania Trump.

I don't get all the overblown applause for Michelle Obama. It's not hard to get up and say you love your kids.

Bernie got up and gave a campaign speech. His voters took over the arena from start to finish. If the media was doing it's job, it would have focused on that reality, along with the absence of Wasserman. They ignored both.

Melanie's thunder, unfortunately, was hijacked by her speech writer. It was a disgusting mistake. Every Republican should have been pissed as hell.

No matter what party one supports, give credit where it's due. MO did a great job. Her delivery was flawless, she is very likable and content was just fine.

You missed Wasserman? Nobody else did. But I see why you disliked the coverage, it had more enthusiasm than all 4 days of the RNC put together.

Take a look at the NY Times homepage: The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

Above the fold these headlines:

"Democrats Try to Unite During Unruly Opening to Convention"

"Hillary Clinton's New Democrats"

"Michelle's Night"

"Sarah Silverman Tames the Bernie Beast"

"Sanders Faces Task of Putting Down the Revolt He Started"

See a little pattern here? ;)

Oh, and below the fold? "Attack on Church in France Kills Priest, and ISIS Is Blamed"

You missed Wasserman? Nobody else did. But I see why you disliked the coverage, it had more enthusiasm than all 4 days of the RNC put together.

The postgame discussion never mentioned Wasserman. It was like she was fired six months ago.

The enthusiasm came solely from the pissed-off Bernie supporters. This was his convention hall, not Hillary's.

Melanie's thunder, unfortunately, was hijacked by her speech writer. It was a disgusting mistake. Every Republican should have been pissed as hell.

No matter what party one supports, give credit where it's due. MO did a great job. Her delivery was flawless, she is very likable and content was just fine.

And she's the wife of a lameduck president who preferred to spend most of her husband's two terms out of the spotlight in Hawaii. I'll never forget her claiming that "this is the first time I've been proud of my country."

Two-faced elitist whose graduate thesis read like a 5th-grade book report.

It was both

No choice required

Both? By all accounts Michelle Obama did give a very good speech and Sanders supporters were very vocal at the DNC.

Did u see chaos? I sure didn't. Tonight should be interesting.

if the media were fair and unbiased, we'd be hearing more about Gary Johnson as well. But the press is part of the Republocrat machine.

Did u see chaos? I sure didn't. Tonight should be interesting.

I couldn't watch last night. Even pro-Hillary people were talking about the early speeches being drowned in a chorus of boos though, so I just kind of assumed it to be true.

I couldn't watch last night. Even pro-Hillary people were talking about the early speeches being drowned in a chorus of boos though, so I just kind of assumed it to be true.

Really? Maybe I simply missed that. I know before the speeches there was some disruption and booing...

The postgame discussion never mentioned Wasserman. It was like she was fired six months ago.

The enthusiasm came solely from the pissed-off Bernie supporters. This was his convention hall, not Hillary's.

In your dreams you mean. The steam was let off and the Dems are united against Trump. That will be your nightmare.

In your dreams you mean. The steam was let off and the Dems are united against Trump. That will be your nightmare.

They're both my nightmare.

There will be dozens of terrorist attacks and ugly world events between now and the election. These conventions mean absolutely nothing.

Really? Maybe I simply missed that. I know before the speeches there was some disruption and booing...

People were saying that the "boo's" could be heard, depending on what channel you were watching.
Some of the networks may have been cutting out their mics.

I heard them boo on our local channels though.

Take a look at the NY Times homepage: The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

"Michelle's Night"

Oh, and below the fold? "Attack on Church in France Kills Priest, and ISIS Is Blamed"

The NYT has been in the Clinton's pocket for years. Nothing has changed. It has been pretty much the same with all MSM. The connection has to be power and money though I don't know the details. If it's in an email we will eventually know.

People were saying that the "boo's" could be heard, depending on what channel you were watching.
Some of the networks may have been cutting out their mics.

I heard them boo on our local channels though.

Ironically, MSNBC dealt with the day's challenges better than CNN, which ganged up severely on Jeffrey Lord every time he made a counter point.

They were TRYING TO HARD to make this a thrilling victorious night for Hillary. They were in full surrogate mode.

And she's the wife of a lameduck president who preferred to spend most of her husband's two terms out of the spotlight in Hawaii. I'll never forget her claiming that "this is the first time I've been proud of my country."

Two-faced elitist whose graduate thesis read like a 5th-grade book report.

Really? What was the topic and why did it read like a 5th grade book report? Can you link me to a copy?

"Michelle's Night"

Their homepage folds? Maybe you should check your monitor.

Ironically, MSNBC dealt with the day's challenges better than CNN, which ganged up severely on Jeffrey Lord every time he made a counter point.

They were TRYING TO HARD to make this a thrilling victorious night for Hillary. They were in full surrogate mode.

Through this whole process CNN has been an obvious cheerleader for Hillary. Their 24/7 coverage of Melania's "plagiarism" started it and from there they've just let it ride.

Back
Top Bottom