• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Bias Fact Check Leans RIght

lol...I decided to check out a few news sources this morning on the Media Bias fact check site and found myself rather amused.

First, they call the Economist "least biased," and they plop it dead-center on the left-right continuum.
Well, hate to say but the Economist leans right. It's factual for sure, but their bias is always pro-business, which by definition is Right.

They seem to be on target with the Wall Street Journal, calling it to the right of center-right.

And, they nail it with Fox, pushing it toward the extreme Right.

But, they totally blow it on CNN, WaPo and NYT.
Left-Center? Hmmm....I see more Center-Right in those pages.

Washington post is not left-center. They are dead center. Certainly they are more center than the Economist.

CNN is not "Left." How on earth can a source that allows Lou Dobbs, Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck and god knows how many other far right personalities launch their careers on their airwaves be "Left"? And, that is not even counting all the Far Right "contributors" they give voice to who say the damnedest of stupid things unchallenged on the station or in their op ed section.
CNN is slightly Left of Center at most.

You post this as a source and then indicate that you disagree.

Is there no room in your conclusion making that perhaps it is you who are skewed radically to the left and that bias warps all conclusion you hold?

lol...enough said. I suggest you rely on someone credible to feed you facts other than your own misguided thoughts.
I do.

That's why I tend to stay away from the people who tell you what to believe.

lol...I decided to check out a few news sources this morning on the Media Bias fact check site and found myself rather amused.

First, they call the Economist "least biased," and they plop it dead-center on the left-right continuum.
Well, hate to say but the Economist leans right. It's factual for sure, but their bias is always pro-business, which by definition is Right.

They seem to be on target with the Wall Street Journal, calling it to the right of center-right.

Washington post is not left-center. They are dead center. Certainly they are more center than the Economist.

CNN is not "Left." How on earth can a source that allows Lou Dobbs, Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck and god knows how many other far right personalities launch their careers on their airwaves be "Left"? And, that is not even counting all the Far Right "contributors" they give voice to who say the damnedest of stupid things unchallenged on the station or in their op ed section.

Honestly, bud, it makes sense to me. The right has been pushing farther right over the years, making the scale longer on that side, which means everything pushes slightly to the left by contrast.

I always assume some amount of bias these days. The only thing I care about is their factuality rating. I'll consider a heavily biased source, so long as the facts are solid. Of course, factuality will tend to limit bias, so the chances of finding a heavily biased source with a factual reporting score is slim.

I do.

That's why I tend to stay away from the people who tell you what to believe.
Actually, you tend to be wrong about 99% of the time. Just saying.

Now me, I tend to be right, even when I am wrong. For example, I never expected to win two senate seats in Georgia, but that turned out all right.

Actually, I do read directions. I do research to separate fact from nonsense. And I DON'T rely on fact checkers who have their own agenda to do my work for me.
So you do your own research? Why don't you share some sites on which you do your research? I'd love to see just what you consider "reliable" or "authoritative."

So you do your own research? Why don't you share some sites on which you do your research? I'd love to see just what you consider "reliable" or "authoritative."
Right wing, left wing, mainstream and non-mainstream websites. News sites, news aggregate sites and blogs.

Like I said, I do my research to separate fact from nonsense.

But no fact checkers. Don't need them.

Like I said, I do my research to separate fact from nonsense.

I'd say you haven't been very effective.

But no fact checkers. Don't need them.

I'd say your hostility to fact checkers is natural considering you think Obamas birth certificate is fake, among many other conspiracy theories and falsities.

I'd say you haven't been very effective.

I'd say your hostility to fact checkers is natural considering you think Obamas birth certificate is fake, among many other conspiracy theories and falsities.
I'll correct myself. There is one kind of fact checker I will consider listening to: People who fact check the destructive nonsense spouted off about themselves.

For example: https://therightscoop.com/unhinged-...rt-trying-to-get-pelosi-captured-during-riot/

I disagree. I find MBFC pretty spot-on with their analysis. I would agree that WaPo, NYT, and CNN are generally left of center and the Economist is middle of the road. That all said, what is far more important me is factual integrity. All of those run journalistic processes, including editors ensuring the stories are well sourced and there is a commitment to fact-checking. These sources are generally quick to author retractions when they get things wrong.

Here is another such analysis of news sources, again looking at both political lean and factual integrity (https://www.adfontesmedia.com/). They largely agree with MBFC. As long as you are sourcing your information in the green box, you are likely well-informed.
Media-bias-chart_6.0.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the January update of that chart (previous chart of June 2020) ...... note all of the RW news sources (OAN, Newsmax and others) that have dropped in reliability (falling from "opinion/high variation in reliabilty to "persuasion / propaganda") while shifting to the right, likely as a result of perpetrating Trump's election was stolen myth.... They sacrificed their limited credibility, for what?

Media-Bias-Chart-7.0_January-2021-Unlicensed-Social-Media_Hi_Res-min-002.jpg

There's a surprise.

"Therightscoop".

Pinnacle of journalistic integrity.
And THAT is not a surprise. You think the website is more important than the contents.

You are dismissed.

If you ask nicely maybe they’ll fact check you:

Calamity: leans so far left he frequently falls over. Not even close to factual, reliably user-left.

Here is the January update of that chart (previous chart of June 2020) ...... note all of the RW news sources (OAN, Newsmax and others) that have dropped in reliability (falling from "opinion/high variation in reliabilty to "persuasion / propaganda") while shifting to the right, likely as a result of perpetrating Trump's election was stolen myth.... They sacrificed their limited credibility, for what?

View attachment 67316348
Who fact checkes Media Bias?

This is your bias. Not theirs.

Why do you need a "fact checker" to tell you whether someone is left or right? Can't you figure that out for yourself?

What makes their opinion any more reliable than your own?

Oh...wait...could it be you don't have the ability to form an opinion unless you check in with some fact checker first?
The answer to your questions are self-evident when you consider who you’re talking to. :ROFLMAO:

The news is factual but It's the editorials that make them biased.

But the NYT often publishes editorials by conservatives...and push conservative causes....remember Judith Miller? And Emailgate was started by the NYT.
Which “conservatives”?

Who fact checkes Media Bias?

1. Their facts are available for public consumption
2. I just gave you another organization that does the same thing as MBFC.... so you can comparison shop.

... being pro-business is not a right wing thing. Europeans are probusiness, and socially to the left of even Democrats.

The false premise here is that to be probusiness you HAVE to be for the sociopathic capitalism preached by some in Washington. That you HAVE to support businesses poluting water ways, or eminent domain so some asshole can put in a mall in a suburb.

Being probusiness doesnt mean you are against people.
Good point; businesses are not de facto right-wing. Some industries are commandingly LW. Media, for instance. I like using Opensecrets.org to look at they political spending.

You really spread it deep, that's the biggest pile of s*** I've seen in a long time.

If you ask nicely maybe they’ll fact check you:

Calamity: leans so far left he frequently falls over. Not even close to factual, reliably user-left.

They tried fact checking you, but they couldn't actually find any.

Between the two of us, one of us is spouting bizarre conspiracy theories and it isn't me.
LOL, you guys need some new schtick.

Back
Top Bottom