• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Bias Fact Check Leans RIght

Everyone acknowledges the press is overwhelmingly left wing, and CNN is at the top of the list. You said start their careers, yeah and they had to leave because of the BS.

lol...I decided to check out a few news sources this morning on the Media Bias fact check site and found myself rather amused.

First, they call the Economist "least biased," and they plop it dead-center on the left-right continuum.
Well, hate to say but the Economist leans right. It's factual for sure, but their bias is always pro-business, which by definition is Right.

They seem to be on target with the Wall Street Journal, calling it to the right of center-right.

And, they nail it with Fox, pushing it toward the extreme Right.

But, they totally blow it on CNN, WaPo and NYT.
Left-Center? Hmmm....I see more Center-Right in those pages.

Washington post is not left-center. They are dead center. Certainly they are more center than the Economist.

CNN is not "Left." How on earth can a source that allows Lou Dobbs, Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck and god knows how many other far right personalities launch their careers on their airwaves be "Left"? And, that is not even counting all the Far Right "contributors" they give voice to who say the damnedest of stupid things unchallenged on the station or in their op ed section.
CNN is slightly Left of Center at most.
The majority of Republicans consider news based on facts is far left, and conversely far right propaganda is news.

Good point; businesses are not de facto right-wing. Some industries are commandingly LW. Media, for instance. I like using Opensecrets.org to look at they political spending.

You live in a fantasy world made up of Q nonsense.

And I'm asking why you care about fact checkers.

Did that point sail over your head?

Because fact checkers put a lot of effort into research and gathering data. They are often detailed, list good reasons for their analysis, and back them up links to their sources. They're a good place to start if you want to learn more about an issue. They're a useful tool that can contain biases just like anything else that reports information. No one is saying you should blindly trust them.

lol...I decided to check out a few news sources this morning on the Media Bias fact check site and found myself rather amused.

First, they call the Economist "least biased," and they plop it dead-center on the left-right continuum.
Well, hate to say but the Economist leans right. It's factual for sure, but their bias is always pro-business, which by definition is Right.

They seem to be on target with the Wall Street Journal, calling it to the right of center-right.

And, they nail it with Fox, pushing it toward the extreme Right.

But, they totally blow it on CNN, WaPo and NYT.
Left-Center? Hmmm....I see more Center-Right in those pages.

Washington post is not left-center. They are dead center. Certainly they are more center than the Economist.

CNN is not "Left." How on earth can a source that allows Lou Dobbs, Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck and god knows how many other far right personalities launch their careers on their airwaves be "Left"? And, that is not even counting all the Far Right "contributors" they give voice to who say the damnedest of stupid things unchallenged on the station or in their op ed section.
CNN is slightly Left of Center at most.

I can't speak on the other ones you disagree with, but CNN is definitely left-center. A lot of their reporting is very opinionated, and their opinions more often than not skew left. I think they often have decent contributors and make some effort to invite contributors with right-wing views, but when they do it's quite apparent that their views are in opposition to whatever CNN person is hosting them.

Everyone acknowledges the press is overwhelmingly left wing, and CNN is at the top of the list. You said start their careers, yeah and they had to leave because of the BS.

Everyone YOU know, perhaps. It's not true.

Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC) is a website founded in 2015 by editor Dave Van Zandt. The website has been described as an amateur effort to rate news media sources based on +factual accuracy and political bias.
Alexandra Kitty, in a 2018 book on journalism, described MBFC as an apparent "amateur/civic outfit" and wrote that its founder's only qualification was a degree in communications.When Journalism was a Thing. Zero Books. p. 158.

The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and Van Zandt as an "armchair media analyst." The Poynter Institute notes, "Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2018/heres-what-to-expect-from-fact-checking-in-2019/

Media Bias Fact Check is either inept and/or dishonest.
Siewert goes on to write that Just Facts is “a deceptive site because they do use facts, but not all the facts in order to mask their right Bias.” As proof of this, she cites two articles that take issue with the Stanford Law Review paper cited by Just Facts. Neither of these articles appeared in a journal, and one of them is from a publication “written and published entirely by Harvard undergraduates.” Siewert does not even attempt to prove whether the critiques have any factual or logical value.

Anyone citing Media Bias Fact Check might as well be citing The Onion.

Like I said...CNN is Centrist.

Here's a piece on their mast from a GOPer.

They have at least one of these every day.

One thing about CNN, and it is the reason I like them, they are Never Trump, as is the clever Republican writing the article cited above. And, that is as Centrist as you can be. After all, Trump is a Nazi.

Oh, and this quote is 100% Centrist.
So have at him, Mitch. Will you really rise to the moment and gather 17 GOP votes to convict Trump, and ban him from ever holding federal office again? On behalf of many Americans who want to lower the volume in Washington and return to civility, I pray that you do.

CNN is not "Left." How on earth can a source that allows Lou Dobbs, Kellyanne Conway, Kayleigh McEnany, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck and god knows how many other far right personalities launch their careers on their airwaves be "Left"?
THAT IS NOT why CNN is viewed as Left, they have those guests on just to ridicule them the same way Fox has Liberal guests on to ridicule them.
I firmly follow mediabiasfactcheck, they usually have it right (as in correct), but each their own because let's face it folks - EVERYONE sees what they want to see, it is called the human condition.
There was a time when CNN was a reliable reporter of news facts - especially about foreign issues. That time belongs to the ancient past. Those names you cited were there during that era - they detected the moral shift in the tenor of the 'new age' of "journalism" and left - or were squeezed out by the new dogma.

There is not one rational voice on CNN (or MSNBC - ABC news, CBS News, NBC news - today in the domestic policy arena that make any attempt to engage in 'journalism.' They are nothing more than a propaganda organ for DEM ideology. It is their complicity in throttling 'information' that has allowed the Big Tech oligarchies to enforce the 'cancel culture' which is currently destroying the American constitutional government experiment. We - as a moral and right-seeking nation - lasted just over two centuries. This past 'election' has put us firmly on the slide to massive dystopia that has befallen every other communist regime which has taken root and destroyed its population.

And for a simple test of 'journalistic integrity' please post the last instance of your chosen news organization of the "good people on both sides" regarding the Charlottesville protest. This is the test that separates truth from lie - moral from amoral - journalism from propaganda.

Oh - and when did you first learn the media was blatantly lying about the facts of the situation - and when did you rationalize it to yourself by saying "yeah, it's not true but it works." <== I wager you are still in that camp.

Last edited:
There was a time when CNN was a reliable reporter of news facts - especially about foreign issues. That time belongs to the ancient past. Those names you cited were there during that era - they detected the moral shift in the tenor of the 'new age' of "journalism" and left - or were squeezed out by the new dogma.

There is not one rational voice on CNN (or MSNBC - ABC news, CBS News, NBC news - today in the domestic policy arena that make any attempt to engage in 'journalism.' They are nothing more than a propaganda organ for DEM ideology. It is their complicity in throttling 'information' that has allowed the Big Tech oligarchies to enforce the 'cancel culture' which is currently destroying the American constitutional government experiment. We - as a moral and right-seeking nation - lasted just over two centuries. This past 'election' has put us firmly on the slide to massive dystopia that has befallen every other communist regime which has taken root and destroyed its population.

And for a simple test of 'journalistic integrity' please post the last instance of your chosen news organization of the "good people on both sides" regarding the Charlottesville protest. This is the test that separates truth from lie - moral from amoral - journalism from propaganda.

Oh - and when did you first learn the media was blatantly lying about the facts of the situation - and when did you rationalize it to yourself by saying "yeah, it's not true but it works." <== I wager you are still in that camp.
Did you not read my statement? OR did you simple not understand it?

Back
Top Bottom