• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Media Bias: Can't show Blacks as Criminals

johnrobinsonh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://media.putfile.com/tellmelies1

How do others here feel about the media's coverage of crime after Katrina hit New Orleans?

My view was that the media did an OK job at first, then images started flooding out that Black criminals were dragging the city down into anarchy and then the PC powers that be put the word out that this image of Blacks as criminals was not acceptable, then the spin was made that all the poor (Black) people in New Orleans were "Victims" not "Criminals". People who wanted to know the truth about what was happening in New Orleans had to go to foreign internet sites to get first hand reports of what was happening at the Superdome.

Here is a very funny music video parody of the media lies about New Orleans.

The tune is very catchy - Tell me lies.

Do others here think the media lied about crime in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina hit? I tend to think that the media did shift into PC mode.

The media hates caucasians and take every opportunity to let everyone know that.....

I remember after the L.A. Riots where the negroes and mongols of mexican descent were looting and rioting....the media actually said: all races of people are rioting"! yeah, like 13,059 negroes, 18,945 mexicans, 2 caucasians and 1 asian.....yep, all races are rioting...we even had those damn college educated hacidic jews in italian suits stealing air jordans from foot locker!

One wonders why the negroes in Losuisiana are shooting at caucasian people trying to help them.....oops, oh, I forgot, they hate whitey......but because they are negroes, negroes can't be prejudiced so the liberals say!

Great video link!

I am sure all the 2nd amendment haters are really upset and think the guns should have been taken away from those white devils for daring to defend themselves from those racist, marauding rampaging negro thugs robbing, raping and pillaging.

Last edited:
Perhaps I don't understand thesituation well enough but I don't understand why I see so often this kind of debate or discussion.

Where I come from, a criminal is a criminal. Doesn't matter what height he is, what his name is, if he has a moustache, skin colour, religious persuasion or whatever.

The topic presents a statement that the mdeia is a bias entity. I cannot understand that. How is it possible that a media station could be allowed to come across with bias tendancies without being either taken off the air or sued for every penny it has?

Are the laws with regard to reporting the news different in the US?

If you want global mainly unbiased news I suggest listening to BBC. I can provide a link if you wish. Having travelled the world several times over I can conclusively say that BBC (though inherently I dislike the British :p) does offer the news coverage available in English.

Though I would always advise strongly to look at several news channels across the world on major issues to draw good comparisons and figure out for oneself which channels seem to portray political or ethnical prejudices. Sometimes it comes down to the individual reporters involved.

The liberal media has a certain agenda and uses blacks in different ways to suit their agenda. They love to show dead black soldiers who fell in Iraq while fighting 'whiteys' war. To the liberal media mind, no black is intelligent enough to decide on the merits or demerits of the Iraqi war. Thus, prejudice and poverty must be the root cause of black enlistment in the military. No rational black man would ever willingly enlist in the military forces of the master.

On the other hand, the liberal media exculcape black domestic violence in the homeland for many various reasons. Slavery. Black poverty. Black culture. Black inequality. White injustice. White insensitivity. Liberal political correctness. Multiculturalism. Limited education options. Currying the Democratic black vote... the list is as long as their imaginations allow.

Thus the gang-rapes that occurred in the Superdome on Monday can be excused. So can the beaten bodies of an elderly man and young girl tossed outside the dome on Tuesday. So can the black looting of gun stores, liquor stores, and pharmacies. So can the sniping at helicopters and rescuers by black thugs. If blacks did indeed do these horrible things the liberal reasoning goes, then it's understandable because of the pent up tensions and frustrations of this underprivileged class.

The liberals twist and turn black America like a used slinky toy. They deny that blacks possess the capacity to think for themselves, and also refute the notion that blacks be held accountable for their actions. In essence, this mindset denies blacks the capacity for both heroism and criminality. They are thus stage-props... critical when the liberal agenda demands the spotlight, and then quickly discarded after the political applause from the left-aisle has withered.

There are more aspects to human thought and motivations other than liberal and conservative. To address such issues with purely a political mentality shows how linear your thought processes are with regard to your ability to analyze a matter.

Can you possibly re-write your post without an analysation based on purely political motivation?

Those were some good replies. I can see that people in Israel and even now Ireland are starting to understand political correctness in America and I see this PC moving over big time into the United Kingdom - even the once sainted BBC is showing signs of going under to the dark side of PC.

Because America has so many TV stations, internet web news web sights, newspapers, it looks like we have freedom of the press, freedom of speech, thus no one could control the news and put out lies about a huge event like hurricane Katrina and the criminal aftermath.

Yet, I have found the reality is that we have something of an official state religion in America called political correctness - if you want to keep your job, advance in the media, politics, especially academia - you have to be politically correct.

People learn never to put Blacks in a negative light, it is never their fault, they are never to be identified as thugs or criminals even when it is so blatantly obvious to the regular man in the streets that mobs of Black thugs are running wild destroying a city like New Orleans.

There was a healthy backlash against political correctness. Goldberg's "Bias" was a big seller here showing how PC took over CBS News.

I don't have any answer to this problem, other than to just expose obvious PC :spin: media lies.

If you are looting at a breakdown of social order in some American city, understand that mobs of Black looters, Black criminals are a real possibility so act accordingly and get your news and information from some non PC source.

Sure, you might get called "RACIST" and you will not have good job prospects at a place like CBS, or now the BBC, but isn't it better to be politically incorrect and alive than PC and dead?

I think this video is very, very funny. The music fits the pictures very well.

johnrobinsonh said:
People learn never to put Blacks in a negative light, it is never their fault, they are never to be identified as thugs or criminals even when it is so blatantly obvious to the regular man in the streets that mobs of Black thugs are running wild destroying a city like New Orleans.

The disproportionate representation of black Americans in the U.S. criminal justice system is well documented.
Blacks comprise 13 percent of the national population,
but 30 percent of people arrested,
41 percent of people in jail,
and 49 percent of those in prison.

Anyone can take these figures and come to many different assertions, but mine is, criminal blacks ARE held accountable and are not given a 'free pass'. Criminal blacks are made responsible for their actions.

There is also an old saying that goes something like this:
Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

Parmenion said:
There are more aspects to human thought and motivations other than liberal and conservative. To address such issues with purely a political mentality shows how linear your thought processes are with regard to your ability to analyze a matter. Can you possibly re-write your post without an analysation based on purely political motivation?
There are indeed many aspects that motivate disparate individuals. However, this is a political debate forum and the twin topics coupled in this thread are 'media bias' and 'political correctness'. My thought process is entirely in-line with these issues and discussed on-topic.

I remained entirely within the parameters of the thread topic and I demur from rewriting or rephrasing my post to accomodate your sensitivities or pov. I said exactly what I wanted to say and without politically correct ambiguity. If you personally disagree and have a counterpoint, then please feel free grace us with your non-linear analytical abilities.

Last edited:
I dont see the relevance of liberal nor conservative views on issues of depicting a race of people as criminals.

Criminals are criminals. Pure and simple.

A media should not be allowed to operate as a media (in my humble opinion) if it depicts such matters as anything other than what they are - objective reporting on criminal elements.

90% of all statistics are pulled out of someone's ass somewhere. Spot the fun element in that statement.

Statistics mean nothing insofar as they generalise and do not account for human individuality, circumstances or many other issues such as environment, education etc.. to each particular human being.

Taking general anologies or analysing them via a left or right political interface when they really have little do with either, since their actions are their actions - not political motivations, sounds absurd. Media coverage of such matters should remain in the media's area - covering the news. If it is biased, as portrayed in this post - sue them. Pure and simple. everyone has the right to bring a corporation to justice - simlpy do this and even if the campaign is not won, it raises public awareness with otehr media elements less bias which forces a scenario of more objective coverage.

Your link with regard to the BBC john is poor. Google ranks that site of zero importance and in fairness so do I ;)

Tashah said:
The liberal media has a certain agenda and uses blacks in different ways to suit their agenda. They love to show dead black soldiers who fell in Iraq while fighting 'whiteys' war. To the liberal media mind, no black is intelligent enough to decide on the merits or demerits of the Iraqi war. Thus, prejudice and poverty must be the root cause of black enlistment in the military. No rational black man would ever willingly enlist in the military forces of the master.

On the other hand, the liberal media exculcape black domestic violence in the homeland for many various reasons. Slavery. Black poverty. Black culture. Black inequality. White injustice. White insensitivity. Liberal political correctness. Multiculturalism. Limited education options. Currying the Democratic black vote... the list is as long as their imaginations allow.

Thus the gang-rapes that occurred in the Superdome on Monday can be excused. So can the beaten bodies of an elderly man and young girl tossed outside the dome on Tuesday. So can the black looting of gun stores, liquor stores, and pharmacies. So can the sniping at helicopters and rescuers by black thugs. If blacks did indeed do these horrible things the liberal reasoning goes, then it's understandable because of the pent up tensions and frustrations of this underprivileged class.

The liberals twist and turn black America like a used slinky toy. They deny that blacks possess the capacity to think for themselves, and also refute the notion that blacks be held accountable for their actions. In essence, this mindset denies blacks the capacity for both heroism and criminality. They are thus stage-props... critical when the liberal agenda demands the spotlight, and then quickly discarded after the political applause from the left-aisle has withered.
I've not seen evidence in the news to support these claims about liberals. You've not posted a single example to support your generalisations.

1. The media is bias maybe sometimes less than others but they are bias. They are a business and there job is to get people to read so if everyone believes something they will post it. Also the media is just people being non-bias is humanly impossible. Being completely non-bias is to say the truth and not have a side on the issue and because we learn 90% of are beliefs from when we are a kid we are always effected by something.

2. The media is made up of people who:
A) Want to make money and do it for a job
C) People who try to figure out the real issue and tell people about it
D) People who send in articles who are bias

There is other people but this is most of the media at least in north America.

3. One thing about black people or any type of people they only act different because you treat them different. It is proven that people can act how you treat them. This is a paragraph from a text book about society called Society:
Chapter 12, Social Deviance, What causes Deviance:

Because of copyright I can not copy it but I will summarize it. It says that when society labels people deviant the sometimes start to act that way. It goes on to say about teenagers hanging out at the mall and get kicked out. They get revenge and the start acting deviant. Black people may act that way because we are mean to them so treat them nice. Also in my opinion Americans in general have been mean to them for a long time. First you take them from Africa and make them slaves. Then you be mean to them and treat them differently. Then they are bad because of you being mean and then here we are today.

4. I have to admit I am Canadian so I don't know that much about America but from what I heard in these posts I am very disappointed. It may be how you were raise or a number of things but some of you are real mean to people. I know Canada always aloud black people in and was nice to them. We even made a big deal when a cop beat up a black person even though it probably wasn't because they were black. So in Canada we sometimes treat black people nicer because we don't want to be racist.

5. In conclusion treat black people the same as you treat white people or even nicer because they are just normal people who get treated mean. Also except when the whole point is white and black people never call someone a black person because if you do it is racist.

Last edited:
johnrobinsonh said:

How do others here feel about the media's coverage of crime after Katrina hit New Orleans?

My view was that the media did an OK job at first, then images started flooding out that Black criminals were dragging the city down into anarchy and then the PC powers that be put the word out that this image of Blacks as criminals was not acceptable, then the spin was made that all the poor (Black) people in New Orleans were "Victims" not "Criminals". People who wanted to know the truth about what was happening in New Orleans had to go to foreign internet sites to get first hand reports of what was happening at the Superdome.

Here is a very funny music video parody of the media lies about New Orleans.

The tune is very catchy - Tell me lies.

Do others here think the media lied about crime in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina hit? I tend to think that the media did shift into PC mode.

Maybe the people they were showing stealing televisions and stereos were trying to get some news as to when there were going to get help?

Nevermind there was not any power anyway.
I wonder where they thought they were going to be able to sell those big screen TVs during a flood.

I did not have a problem with the people scrounging up food and water from a destroyed area anyway but its not like the Mayor and governor did not have almost 2 days to declare marshal law and get many more people out. The Leaders of LA totally wasted 24 hours "thinking" on it. I wonder what she is thinking about now.

Are we watching/reading the same news? I see no indication of any kind of media bias in anything I read or watch and certainly not antyhing related to blacks in New Orleans (and I read and watch a lot. I'm taking a journalism class and I write for the school newspaper so its kinda a plus). This is just another topic describiing how the media is biased because they report the "news". I also don't recall seeing any dead black american soldiers. In fact, I've never seen any dead american soldiers except on Fahrenheit 9/11 (don't start) and some obscure websites. This is all in your mind. There is no media bias. For neither Cons nor Libs. People will email news stations saying how blatantly biased they are to Conservatives and how blatanly biased they are to liberals but its really a big joke. The news stations report the news to suit their needs. If you stopped trying to find media bias everywhere maybe you would realize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnMacCool
The news stations report the news to suit their needs. .

(From akyron)
I think you are exactly right about this.

Bad news sells and good news does not.
It is all about the Sell.

teacher- Simple really ain't it?

I think the pertinent questions are:
Why do so few understand this?
Why do so many let the media sway their view?
Are so many in this nation really that stupid and manipulatable?

Don't answer akyron, I know you know, it's for the rest.

Which reminds me, I need an omniscient, omnipresent, figure of few words in my PD soap opera, hmmmm.......

think you are exactly right about this and nothing else.

Bad news sells and good news does not.
It is all about the Sell.

Research anyone?

It ids not always bad news. Good news or bad news. . .whatever reflects the public mood at the moment.

Parmenion said:
If you want global mainly unbiased news I suggest listening to BBC. I can provide a link if you wish. Having travelled the world several times over I can conclusively say that BBC (though inherently I dislike the British :p) does offer the news coverage available in English.

don't agree with you there, bbc may as well be called tony blair news imo.

It seems everyone is very quick to point out that the blacks are criminals! (or as someone so eloquently put it, the 'negroes') However, no one seemed to notice that the victims of these crimes were black as well. Everyone seems to be too busy with
rampaging negro thugs
the black looting of gun stores, liquor stores, and pharmacies
obvious to the regular man in the streets that mobs of Black thugs

Yall are talking about never putting blacks in a negative light, so you respond by only putting us in a negative light, which is just as bad as only putting us in a positive light. Most of the criminals were black and most of the victims were black, not because blacks are criminals, but because most of N.O. is black.

good point. I have noticed some of the media biases here in Va as well. It seems there is always a murder in porthmouth or norfolk and it involves an african american and they need your help. i never hear of needing any help when a white person is killed. i find that curious.

I suggest people examine the covers of leading American and international news magazines. Newsweek, Time the Economist. All feature poor, suffering Black African Americans in New Orleans and the cover stories speak of "Shame - how poor Blacks have been abused, let down again in supposedly the richest, more powerful nation. Check out Newsweek with a Black 7 year old girl showing a single tear. Oh we are supposed to feel such shame at how racist our America is and how we all abused per, innocent little 7 year Black girls in New Orleans.

I want to puke.

The true story that just about everyone on the ground knows is that the corrupt New Orleans gov't simply gave up going to work after the hurricane hit, the city was turned over to the hard core Black criminals who went on a looting and terror spree and everyone had to wait for the Federal government to some how come in rescue everyone and restore order. It is virtually the same as in Liberia or Somalia and like in Somalia when the mostly White American government tries to go in, deliver aid and food the local Black thugs try to murder the people delivering aid.

Check out the Newsweek cover.

The media are such liars when it comes to issues of race.

Attachments

• Newsweek01-911.jpg
    Newsweek01-911.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
Sorry posted wrong newsweek cover.

Here is the cover featuring a little Black girl crying because evil White racist America didn't help her people in New Orleans.

Attachments

• Newsweekblackgirl.jpg
    Newsweekblackgirl.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 3
johnrobinsonh said:
I suggest people examine the covers of leading American and international news magazines. Newsweek, Time the Economist. All feature poor, suffering Black African Americans in New Orleans and the cover stories speak of "Shame - how poor Blacks have been abused, let down again in supposedly the richest, more powerful nation. Check out Newsweek with a Black 7 year old girl showing a single tear. Oh we are supposed to feel such shame at how racist our America is and how we all abused per, innocent little 7 year Black girls in New Orleans.

I want to puke.

The true story that just about everyone on the ground knows is that the corrupt New Orleans gov't simply gave up going to work after the hurricane hit, the city was turned over to the hard core Black criminals who went on a looting and terror spree and everyone had to wait for the Federal government to some how come in rescue everyone and restore order. It is virtually the same as in Liberia or Somalia and like in Somalia when the mostly White American government tries to go in, deliver aid and food the local Black thugs try to murder the people delivering aid.

Check out the Newsweek cover.

The media are such liars when it comes to issues of race.

Suffering people make you puke? I think that says alot.

FinnMacCool said:
It ids not always bad news. Good news or bad news. . .whatever reflects the public mood at the moment.

No. I hate to generalize but in this Bad news sells way more than good.

After awhile people are gonna get bored of hearing about tragedies from Katrina. They are gonna want to her heroic stories etc. you'll see. They might already be doing it now. Or they could be interwined. depends.

Tashah said:

SPOT ON! The media will NEVER say or do anything that accurately puts the spotlight on the problems of the black community IF it puts them in a bad light.

But...OH how the media LOVES portraying our black citizens, .. "as victims" in almost every endeavor!

Back
Top Bottom