• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Apoplectic as Khan Narrative Crumbles

You asked what was in the Constitution that Khan was throwing in Trumps face..... I simply reinforcing what Khan was throwing in Trumps face and using Constitutional scholars opinions. You seemed to be confused on what Khan was talking about, and constitutional scholars dont seem to be confused....

What does Obama have to do with this?

You are the one who linked to the worry that Trump might abuse or not understand the limits of presidential powers and I was just pointing out that Obama has already been there, done that.

You are the one who linked to the worry that Trump might abuse or not understand the limits of presidential powers
I was simply responding to your question and statement when you said, "Can you explain to me what is in the constitution that Khan was throwing in Trump's face? I've never been able to figure it out."... I was helping you "figure it out".

and I was just pointing out that Obama has already been there, done that.

In other words. Obama has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

So, in other words, if a woman punches you, you just let her do it. Khan started it. He didn't have to. Can you explain to me what is in the constitution that Khan was throwing in Trump's face? I've never been able to figure it out.

actually Trump started it. you are simply being un american.

You are the one who linked to the worry that Trump might abuse or not understand the limits of presidential powers and I was just pointing out that Obama has already been there, done that.

Do a google, Trump and Obama are different people.

Do you have specific evidence to the effect that Breitbart reports falsely, or is this just a generic slander you have for any publication with a right wing slant?

By the very fact that you identify Breibart as having a slant, you disqualify them as an impartial source.

By the very fact that you identify Breibart as having a slant, you disqualify them as an impartial source.

There are no impartial sources.

That's extremely dishonest and a lie. Khan started it.

not at all. trump started it when he shot off his yapper about moslems. a true american would understand our traditions and values, trump obviously doesnt.

Who do you think is more harmed by the two statements? Those who know that Trump was talking about the strength of his support

I've listened to Donald trump for DECADES. I've known what he was all about and what type of person he was LOOOONG before this run for prez. In the 90's I've heard him speak live in NYC a couple of times. If you think that egomaniac is talking about the 'strength of his support' you are a typical brainwashed, naive, uninformed Trump supporter.

Have a nice day.

It turns out that Khan is a very big Democrat operative with extensive ties to the Clintons and their foundation. Nobody in the mainstream media bothered to research this.

It sort of explains why Khan was so dishonest in his smear of Trump.

Khizr Khan Attack on Donald Trump Goes Down in Flames

No one from those media even wanted to answer the questions sent to them!
Just shows too how corrupt and untrustworthy the mainstream media is.

The election is rigged! We're already seeing how media is manipulating the election!

not at all. trump started it when he shot off his yapper about moslems. a true american would understand our traditions and values, trump obviously doesnt.

Since when is our traditions and values Muslim?

No one from those media even wanted to answer the questions sent to them!
Just shows too how corrupt and untrustworthy the mainstream media is.

The election is rigged! We're already seeing how media is manipulating the election!

Ah, now we see the start of the Trump supporters' tactics to avoid admitting why they lost the election--- claiming it was rigged.

Since when is our traditions and values Muslim?

classic attempt to fake a right wing reality. our traditions and values are to leave gold star people alone and moslems are certainly a part of our traditions and values. I never said our values are moslem, you made that up.

Ah, now we see the start of the Trump supporters' tactics to avoid admitting why they lost the election--- claiming it was rigged.

According to Urban dictionary

Rigged
1. The word rigged is used to describe situations where unfair advantages are given to one side of a conflict.

Media has repeatedly put out edited versions of speeches by Trump, and had deliberately taken them out of context.

As an example, that interview where he was asked, "in a HYPOTHETICAL scenario that abortion is illegal, should a woman who's had abortion be punished?"
The corrupt media had dropped the "hypothetical scenario," and simply showed the edited clips of the actual interview.
It's a good thing I saw the original interview before the edited clips started making the rounds among news channels.

Same thing is done regarding his policy on Muslims. It's taken out of context.
Media that's working for Hillary is determined to paint him as bigoted.

Based on what we've seen, even recently..... yes, we're seeing it now. It's rigged.
We'll see though in November, if they're successful.

Last edited:
Right, he was suggesting a total ban on all Muslims until such a time as a vetting system could be developed. Khan did not claim Trump wanted a permanent ban.

But he did say that if Trump had been in power when he came here, he wouldn't have been allowed in.

So if Khan knows the ban was only until a vetting process could be implemented, then he is admitting he would not have been able to pass the vetting process.

If that were true you would not support an ideology that is hostile to the constitution. It's not the religion of Islam I oppose it's Sharia Law. That is Not a right protected by the 1st.

Who says it is?

Oh wait. You still think Khan does.

But he did say that if Trump had been in power when he came here, he wouldn't have been allowed in.
Under Trump's total ban on Muslim's, that is true.

So if Khan knows the ban was only until a vetting process could be implemented, then he is admitting he would not have been able to pass the vetting process.
No he's not.

According to Urban dictionary

Media has repeatedly put out edited versions of speeches by Trump, and had deliberately taken them out of context.

As an example, that interview where he was asked, "in a HYPOTHETICAL scenario that abortion is illegal, should a woman who's had abortion be punished?"
The corrupt media had dropped the "hypothetical scenario," and simply showed the edited clips of the actual interview.
It's a good thing I saw the original interview before the edited clips started making the rounds among news channels.

No, the media didn't do that in particular: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/31/us/politics/donald-trump-abortion.html?_r=0 Note the 'if abortion is banned'

And, given that we already know who he would pick for USSC nominees AND that his running mate has said that Roe v Wade will be overturned if they're elected, your point is rather laughably moot.
Same thing is done regarding his policy on Muslims. It's taken out of context.
Media that's working for Hillary is determined to paint him as bigoted.

Based on what we've seen, even recently..... yes, we're seeing it now. It's rigged.
We'll see though in November, if they're successful.

There simply is no credible evidence that it's rigged.

You sure you understand what that word means?

Under Trump's total ban on Muslim's, that is true.

No he's not.

Do I have to explain to you again what the word until means?

Taking half of a quote doesn't make you look very smart.

Back
Top Bottom