• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meat vs. Seafood

I pick

• Total voters
Any fish is healthier broiled or baked.

At the Skyroom we used to batter and bread in cracker meal squares of Cod, then place them in a casserole pan and drown with melted butter.

Bake till done.

YUM.

But not more healthy than correctly fried.

Seafood, every time. The weirder, the better, almost. I like to try new and interesting things, but at this point in my life, new and interesting = high end and expensive.

Right now, I can't get over how amazing octopus is, when prepared correctly. But, just to be me, I'd probably go with blow fish. Just because.

At the Skyroom we used to batter and bread in cracker meal squares of Cod, then place them in a casserole pan and drown with melted butter.

Bake till done.

YUM.

But not more healthy than correctly fried.

I take filets of cod, drizzle olive oil over the filet, dice garlic very fine, sprinkle potlatch seasoning and bake it

Seafood at kinds raw or cooked.

Special dinner for you at high end restaurant. All expenses paid by someone else. Order anything you wish.

All cuts of meat are available.
Huge assortment of seafood as well.

Only condition is you can't order a surf & turf. No mixing and matching.

You can order the meat of your choice OR the seafood of your choice. (fresh water fish is included in "seafood")

What are you most likely to pick?
Feel free to describe the choice you make too. :mrgreen:

Mmm... Depends on my mood...

Buffalo-hump steak, dry rubbed with spices and cooked burnt on the outside and near-blood-red inside...

Or, grilled whole catfish rolled in black pepper...

I couldnt choose because it depends on my mood. Sometimes I want meat sometimes I want seafood.

Tough choice as you live in Florida and having lived in Florida for a decade I have had the pleasure of eating fantastically cooked seafood. You have great options. Many people don't know that Florida also raises cattle. You couldn't go wrong with either choice.

I do love the seafood in Washington and Oregon and California. I can never pass up fresh salmon in the NW.

The great old Carolina fish camps likely no long exist, but if they do my choice would be a Carolina fish camp with mountains of fried, freshwater perch, baskets and baskets of hushpuppies and a gallon of ice tea.

Or bouillabaisse from 3 or 4 restaurants I can think of off hand such as Le Pavillon in St. Augustine.

Last edited:
I never order seafood fried....however:

One of fondest memories of time at my grandparents in South Carolina, 40+ years ago, was getting locally caught catfish that had been filleted and fried.
Sweetest most delicious fish I've ever had in my life.

Special dinner for you at high end restaurant. All expenses paid by someone else. Order anything you wish.

You can order the meat of your choice OR the seafood of your choice. (fresh water fish is included in "seafood")

Lobster for sure!

Living in beef country, getting some good fresh seafood is always my top choice when I'm splurging.

Hmmm, it's hard to say. I'd probably lean towards meat but I do love fish. However, I refuse to eat arthropods (they're essentially bugs....gross!) and mollusks except for cephalopods. Most mollusks are just filters, so they collect all the garbage in the ocean....no thanks!

So that pretty much leaves fish, octopus, and squid. All of which are very good.

Went out Friday night, had some Rock Crab claws and then broiled Redfish with some kind of spicy/creamy crawfish sauce. Wasn't bad at all.

Anything seafood as long as it's not treated like boring ass seafood in most place in the US (breaded / friend / or served with lemon).

I think there's a place for that too.

Sometimes you just want a big pile of fried clam bellies on some rye bread and a heaping side of french fries.

I am the "red meat poster child", so my choice should be obvious. It would most likely be a nice porterhouse or ribeye.

I am the "red meat poster child", so my choice should be obvious. It would most likely be a nice porterhouse or ribeye.

So one might think an extra special meal might be something different? Like seafood? Lobster? Crab Legs?

So one might think an extra special meal might be something different? Like seafood? Lobster? Crab Legs?
I am not a big seafood person, in general. I do not like crab at all. I do like lobster, but for me it's a special treat, and a "mood meal", so maybe once or twice a year. I do love shrimp/prawns, though (prepared in pretty much any fashion).

If your question allowed surf-and-turf I'd go for that, but you did restrict us to one only (so my answer is your fault ;) ), and I have to go with what I like best.

Hmmm, it's hard to say. I'd probably lean towards meat but I do love fish. However, I refuse to eat arthropods (they're essentially bugs....gross!) and mollusks except for cephalopods. Most mollusks are just filters, so they collect all the garbage in the ocean....no thanks!

So that pretty much leaves fish, octopus, and squid. All of which are very good.

So what if a lobster is a big giant spider thingy, they still taste good though! I mean, if a land spider actually tasted like a lobster I would probably eat it too. :2razz:

So what if a lobster is a big giant spider thingy, they still taste good though! I mean, if a land spider actually tasted like a lobster I would probably eat it too. :2razz:

Gross. Uncivilised creatures with open circulatory systems. Just fluid filled carapaces, with goos and and liquids mixing about. No thank you. I'll consume civilized creatures like vertebrates.

Gross. Uncivilised creatures with open circulatory systems. Just fluid filled carapaces, with goos and and liquids mixing about. No thank you. I'll consume civilized creatures like vertebrates.

LOL looks like youre never gonna survive a post apocalyptic world then. :2razz:

LOL looks like youre never gonna survive a post apocalyptic world then. :2razz:

Maybe if I'm stuck at sea I wouldn't. Though even then crab fishing is much harder than fishing. There's plenty of vertebrates in the sea, lol.

for any seafood
images

So you'd eat a vegan before lobster then eh? OK. :2razz:

for any seafood
images

Thats for salad...

Tough call, honestly.

I'd normally lean towards a hearty cut of steak. However, if I could get a decent portion (none of that 'three inch square' crap places like the Bone Fish Grill like to pull) of sword fish, or some other, similarly expensive and reasonably rare fish, for free, I'd be sorely tempted to take it.

Back
Top Bottom