• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meanwhile here in New Mexico...

I have long argued that your vote does not matter when other mechanisms can come into play and give an election to a candidate with a lesser number of votes. How do we call ourselves a democracy under those conditions? One person, one vote, add them together nationally and there's your winner, period. What was written a couple hundred years ago doesn't work that well today in a country of over three hundred million people. Republicans will undoubtedly object because they know the party as a whole is a minority in america and not growing.

We don't "call ourselves a democracy"; we call ourselves a Constitutional , Representative Republic. Yawwwnnn...

Reality.

giphy.gif

2/3 of BOTH Houses of Congress, 3/4 of the states needed to amend the Constitution.

New Mexico must be run by IDIOTS; eliminating the Electoral College would render them COMPLETLEY IRRELEVANT in national elections.

We don't "call ourselves a democracy"; we call ourselves a Constitutional , Representative Republic. Yawwwnnn...

Hi grok good day to you. We do call ourselves a democracy, I hear it every day on tv. Our president is attacking our democracy. I don't hear our president is attacking our constitutional representative republic, do you?

The attempts to eliminate the EC will fail... and continue to fail. But I'm pleased to see sore losers expend angst and energy on something like that. Maybe it's good therapy?

Candidates would certainly like to abolish the Electoral College.

Then they would have to campaign in only a few populous states (California, New York, Florida, Texas, etc.).

In 'normal' political times, you are correct.. But now? With the current political climate? Why in God's name would a Republican even bother to campaign in California, or NY... Why would a Democrat bother with Texas?

The swing states, including the less populous states would get most of the action.

Back
Top Bottom