• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meanwhile Back At the Ranch

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is all normal.

Burn, baby, burn. **** Russia. It's worth the bite. Really great news. Let it become desert.

Military vehicles burning boatloads of fossil fuels is a major contributor to the climate crisis- no-one's putting them out.

Military vehicles burning boatloads of fossil fuels is a major contributor to the climate crisis- no-one's putting them out.

That's not true.

The US military alone is a huge contributor to climate change.

You claimed no one was "putting the vehicles out". That's false. Plenty of vehicles are being put out. Many basically cease to exist each day, lowering the total number of vehicles (and vehicle parts) operating in the world. In this regard, Ukrainian anti-tank units are some of the greenest people around.

You claimed no one was "putting the vehicles out". That's false. Plenty of vehicles are being put out. Many basically cease to exist each day, lowering the total number of vehicles (and vehicle parts) operating in the world. In this regard, Ukrainian anti-tank units are some of the greenest people around. They reduce Russia's carbon footprint.

You post a lot of manure. You must have green thumbs and brown fingers.

You post a lot of manure. You must have green thumbs and brown fingers.

You're over here talking shit about SUVs while Ukrainians reduce the number of tanks in the world. Who's green?

I recall America's climate czar decrying the effect the Ukraine war would have on ecosystem.

President Biden’s climate czar, John Kerry, warned that Russia’s war against Ukraine could distract the world from the climate change crisis and produce "massive emissions" that will negatively impact the globe.

You're over here talking shit about SUVs while Ukrainians reduce the number of tanks in the world. Who's green?

Maybe you think your commentary is funny. Or maybe you feel like you're annoying me.

Last edited:
I recall America's climate czar decrying the effect the Ukraine war would have on ecosystem.

He is at least partially correct. He probably didn't include the US government's military's ongoing war on Earth's ecosystems.

the US government's military's ongoing war on Earth's ecosystems.

1. Is there another US military.
2. Is that like the war on Christmas?

1. Is there another US military.
2. Is that like the war on Christmas?

I'm being specific about whose military it is.

No, not at all.

True, I heard that it's #47 on the list which means we need to deal with its contributions after we get through the first 46 largest culprits. Could you post that link again that shows the US Military just barely cracks the top 50, so we can see who is #46?

True, I heard that it's #47 on the list which means we need to deal with its contributions after we get through the first 46 largest culprits. Could you post that link again that shows the US Military just barely cracks the top 50, so we can see who is #46?

You posted a comment about how green your household is, which included 'personal responsibility,' while completely downplaying corporate irresponsibility. The personal responsibility environmental point had some validity, but it was very off-topic for that thread.

Then you followed that up with a bogus rant about China, and I let it be.

Now you've posted this comment. My friendly conclusion is that you're conservative (Republican, Democrat, whatever) but for some reason also green.

You posted a comment about how green your household is, which included 'personal responsibility,' while completely downplaying corporate irresponsibility. The personal responsibility environmental point had some validity, but it was very off-topic for that thread.

Then you followed that up with a bogus rant about China, and I let it be.

Now you've posted this comment. My friendly conclusion is that you're conservative (Republican, Democrat, whatever) but for some reason also green.
You are afraid to challenge China’s emissions in favor of bogus rants against the US Military. My friendly conclusion is that you are a member of China’s armed forces but for some reason also anti-war.

Gee, that was easy! I see why you do it.

You are afraid to challenge China’s emissions in favor of bogus rants against the US Military. My friendly conclusion is that you are a member of China’s armed forces but for some reason also anti-war.

Chuckle. Also @Rogue Valley.

He does love his hypocrisy.

Wrong.

Scientists found a 40-60% emissions increase of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which can damage the Ozone Layer, coming from Eastern China. Use of CFCs were set to be phased out by 2010 by the 1987 Montreal Protocol (Article: BBC: Ozone layer: Banned CFCs traced to China say scientists).

China was found responsible for 27% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions in 2019 (Article: CNBC: China's greenhouse gas emissions exceed those of U.S. and developed countries combined, report says).

China planned to build 43 new coal-fire plants & 18 new blast furnaces, adding 1.5% to current annual emissions (Article: Time: China Is Planning to Build 43 New Coal-Fired Power Plants).

Back
Top Bottom