• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meals on heels: San Francisco drag queens deliver amid virus

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — These divas deliver.

Drag queens don their colorful wigs, elaborate makeup and knee-high stiletto boots, but instead of stepping on a stage, they’re putting on a face covering, grabbing a takeout bag and bringing their musical numbers to fans’ doorsteps in San Francisco.

The Oasis nightclub is turning the boring dinner blues into “Meals on Heels,” dispatching drag queens like Amoura Teese and Kochina Rude to bring food, cocktails and socially distant lip-synching performances to people during the coronavirus pandemic.

On a recent evening, Rude delivered dinner to Kelsie Costa and her family in the city’s Marina District and then lip-synched the drag show classic “Finally” by CeCe Peniston.

“There’s not a lot to do these days with shelter in place and COVID and all that,” Costa said. “So gotta spice it up somehow. It’s really fun.”

COMMENT:-

I'm sorry, but the lede grabbed me and I felt a moral obligation to inflict it on others.

Besides, it IS a news article about people helping people and we all need a bit of good news these days.

From Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — These divas deliver.

Drag queens don their colorful wigs, elaborate makeup and knee-high stiletto boots, but instead of stepping on a stage, they’re putting on a face covering, grabbing a takeout bag and bringing their musical numbers to fans’ doorsteps in San Francisco.

The Oasis nightclub is turning the boring dinner blues into “Meals on Heels,” dispatching drag queens like Amoura Teese and Kochina Rude to bring food, cocktails and socially distant lip-synching performances to people during the coronavirus pandemic.

On a recent evening, Rude delivered dinner to Kelsie Costa and her family in the city’s Marina District and then lip-synched the drag show classic “Finally” by CeCe Peniston.

“There’s not a lot to do these days with shelter in place and COVID and all that,” Costa said. “So gotta spice it up somehow. It’s really fun.”

COMMENT:-

I'm sorry, but the lede grabbed me and I felt a moral obligation to inflict it on others.

Besides, it IS a news article about people helping people and we all need a bit of good news these days.

I wonder what else you get!

I wonder what else you get!

My first "news screen" of the day includes:

• Polling Report;
  • FiveThirtyEight;
  • AAEC;
  • Electoral Vote;
  • SOMNIA;
  • United Press International;
  • Associated Press;
  • ABC News;
  • al Jazeera;
  • BBC News;
  • CBC;
  • CBS;
  • CNN;
  • The Christian Science Monitor;
  • Der Spiegel;
  • The Economist;
  • Financial Times;
  • FOX News;
  • France 24;
  • Global News;
  • The Globe and Mail;
  • The Guardian;
  • The Independent;
  • NBC News;
  • Osservatore Romano;
  • Reuters;
  • The South China Morning Post;
  • The Sydney Morning Hewrald;
  • The Times;
  • The Times of India;
  • TOL News;
    and;
  • The Washington Post.

What does your consist of outside of FOX News and Breitbart?

Back
Top Bottom