• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meadows was warned of violence before Jan. 6, new court filings show

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"...The committee laid out new examples of warnings Meadows received before Jan. 6, 2021, along with a deepened understanding of his involvement with planning and coordinating efforts to disrupt the counting of electoral college votes in Congress. Perhaps the most significant new piece of evidence presented by the committee is testimony from Hutchinson, who told investigators that her boss was informed “before the January 6th proceeding about the potential for violence that day,” according to the filing.

Hutchinson told investigators: “I know that there were concerns brought forward to Mr. Meadows. I don’t know — I don’t want to speculate whether or not they perceived them as genuine concerns, but I know that people had brought information forward to him that had indicated that there could be violence on the 6th.”

Investigators also have found evidence that Meadows repeatedly communicated with GOP Reps. Scott Perry (Pa.) and Jim Jordan (Ohio) before and on Jan. 6, 2021. Hutchinson identified Perry, Jordan, and Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as the leading proponents in Congress “who were raising the idea of the Vice President doing anything other than just counting electoral votes on January the 6th.”

Link

Trump administration knew there could be violence. As a Plan B, perhaps rhetoric violence could be used to pressure a recalcitrant Mike Pence.

I'd like to learn more about this:

"...The committee laid out new examples of warnings Meadows received before Jan. 6, 2021, along with a deepened understanding of his involvement with planning and coordinating efforts to disrupt the counting of electoral college votes in Congress. Perhaps the most significant new piece of evidence presented by the committee is testimony from Hutchinson, who told investigators that her boss was informed “before the January 6th proceeding about the potential for violence that day,” according to the filing.

Hutchinson told investigators: “I know that there were concerns brought forward to Mr. Meadows. I don’t know — I don’t want to speculate whether or not they perceived them as genuine concerns, but I know that people had brought information forward to him that had indicated that there could be violence on the 6th.”

Investigators also have found evidence that Meadows repeatedly communicated with GOP Reps. Scott Perry (Pa.) and Jim Jordan (Ohio) before and on Jan. 6, 2021. Hutchinson identified Perry, Jordan, and Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as the leading proponents in Congress “who were raising the idea of the Vice President doing anything other than just counting electoral votes on January the 6th.”

Link

Trump administration knew there could be violence. As a Plan B, perhaps rhetoric violence could be used to pressure a recalcitrant Mike Pence.

I'd like to learn more about this:

Big deal.

Hell, everyone...including Nancy...knew there "could be violence" that day. There were people who knew Antifa would be in the area, too.

Enjoy your nothingburger.

Big deal.

Hell, everyone...including Nancy...knew there "could be violence" that day. There were people who knew Antifa would be in the area, too.

A group of politicians who were supposed to support and uphold the constitution attempting to overthrow the government by violent insurrection and other means is far from a nothingburger.

A group of politicians who were supposed to support and uphold the constitution attempting to overthrow the government by violent insurrection and other means is far from a nothingburger.
I've seen nothing to indicate any group of politicians were attempting to "overthrow the government by violent insurrection and other means". And this stuff the OP trotted out doesn't indicate any of that, either.

I suggest you dial back the hyperbole and stop eating nothingburgers.

Making claims based on spin, speculation, hyperbole, innuendo and lies is even worse.
Get help. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem..

Good thing I don't do that. Maybe you should stop?
You've already done that in this thread and you are either blind to what you are doing, which means you are totally propagandized or you are doing it on purpose, which means you are as corrupt as those you are following.

You are dismissed.

Big deal.

Are you aware of how much sworn testimony, under oath in trial has been piling up in cases in dozens of courts throughout the country over the last two years in which defendants have described how white house staff coordinated their participation in the riot? It's a pretty big pile now.

Where do you stand on this anyway? It wasn't a kegger gone wrong because the most violent actors purposely planned ahead. How much do you understand about the question and how do you explain the testimony under oath that the WH was actively engaged in getting the protesters inside?

You've already done that in this thread and you are either blind to what you are doing, which means you are totally propagandized or you are doing it on purpose, which means you are as corrupt as those you are following.

You are dismissed.
Lol, the irony is thick in the above post.

Have a nice day.

I've seen nothing to indicate any group of politicians were attempting to "overthrow the government by violent insurrection and other means". And this stuff the OP trotted out doesn't indicate any of that, either.

I suggest you dial back the hyperbole and stop eating nothingburgers.

Trump was aware his rally could turn violent and he sent them to the Capitol. Not a good look.

Are you aware of how much sworn testimony, under oath in trial has been piling up in cases in dozens of courts throughout the country over the last two years in which defendants have described how white house staff coordinated their participation in the riot? It's a pretty big pile now.

Where do you stand on this anyway? It wasn't a kegger gone wrong because the most violent actors purposely planned ahead. How much do you understand about the question and how do you explain the testimony under oath that the WH was actively engaged in getting the protesters inside?
I don't give a rat's ass about how persecuted people are trying to save their own asses.

Some of the most violent actors DID purposely plan ahead. People like that Antifa guy who was filming the whole thing for CNN while he was rabble rousing and breaking windows. Or whoever gave Capitol police the orders to let rioters into the building.

But none of that is evidence that anyone in the Trump WH had any involvement...even if the dog and pony show keeps trying to make you and other people think it is.

I don't give a rat's ass about how persecuted people are trying to save their own asses.

Some of the most violent actors DID purposely plan ahead. People like that Antifa guy who was filming the whole thing for CNN while he was rabble rousing and breaking windows. Or whoever gave Capitol police the orders to let rioters into the building.

But none of that is evidence that anyone in the Trump WH had any involvement...even if the dog and pony show keeps trying to make you and other people think it is.
You're willfully ignorant.

Trump was aware his rally could turn violent and he sent them to the Capitol. Not a good look.
But not illegal. And Trump didn't send anyone to the Capitol to be violent.

Do you want to convict someone on how things "look"?

Seriously...the dog and pony show has sucked you in all the way.

"brought information forward to him that had indicated that there could be violence on the 6th.”

As compared to...

And a group of unpatriotic anti-American "conservatives" support the overthrow of the government and these traitorous 'politicians', and do not deserve to live in the United States of America. They could show more patriotism in Russia or China.

They crap on our Republic and our democracy. The republican party is dead, the new Trump Cult Party aka GQP is anti-American and a cancer in our country, enemy within.

They could take a lesson from President Zelenskyy and his people on what it means to be strong and patriotic, and protect their Capitol......rather than the weak ignorant brainwashed American scum who want to invade, kill and destroy while shitting on our constitution and the rule of law. American trash.

But not illegal. And Trump didn't send anyone to the Capitol to be violent.

Do you want to convict someone on how things "look"?

Seriously...the dog and pony show has sucked you in all the way.
Oh you...doing your thing here as usual..

Isn't your antifa claim an example of how DP members are trying to save their own asses? Placing the blame on someone else without any facts is what that is.

Your post doesn't show any understanding of facts in the question. Can you explain why the Oath Keepers had a stash of munitions and arms in a hotel outside DC ready as a rapid reaction force? Did you know O K members were seen with Stone on the 5th? Do you know what the O K plans included? Do you know that Flynn was arguing for martial law and that corresponds exactly to the O K plans ?

Maybe you could explain events with facts instead of a repetition of the dog and pony chorus.

Back
Top Bottom