• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McDonalds vs Ben and Jerry

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Seems like McDonalds is always in the news with liberal food Nazis trying to put them out of business for "making people fat". It got me wondering why you never hear anything about Ben and Jerry ice cream and them making people fat. Could it be because they are a well known liberal company that marched against Wall Street? Seems to be just a bit of a double standard here. If you are liberal your s*** don't stink and your ice cream doesn't make people fat either. :lol:

Calories in Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream - Calories and Nutrition Facts | MyFitnessPal.com

Big Mac Nutrition Facts, Big Mac Calories, Nutritional Information

Mcdonalds is always being crapped on and the scapegoat for all bad food. It's funny though because whether it's online or in person everyone is always talking smack and saying how they never ever would eat there, yet anytime I go to one it's packed full.

Some people can be delusional when it comes to food and fat. Yeah a diet coke is really making that super sized meal better for you.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Ben and Jerry's is desert, a luxury. Mcdonalds is lunch a staple. You need to compare McDonalds to an equal like Burger King, KFC, Denny's Not to a desert.

It's a poor man's lunch. It's cheaper to eat fat food than it is to eat healthy food even in a grocery store. Sugary, pasta, crap food that is bad for you is cheaper than food that is healthy for you and that is what these people are complaining about. They want healthy food to be as cheap as bad food is.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Ben and Jerry's is desert, a luxury. Mcdonalds is lunch a staple. You need to compare McDonalds to an equal like Burger King, KFC, Denny's Not to a desert.

It's a poor man's lunch. It's cheaper to eat fat food than it is to eat healthy food even in a grocery store. Sugary, pasta, crap food that is bad for you is cheaper than food that is healthy for you and that is what these people are complaining about. They want healthy food to be as cheap as bad food is.

Facts are facts and the facts are Ben and Jerry make people as fat or fatter than McDonalds but they get a pass because they are a well know lib outfit. If they were not people would be demanding they stop using sugar and use low fat cream etc etc etc.

Facts are facts and the facts are Ben and Jerry make people as fat or fatter than McDonalds but they get a pass because they are a well know lib outfit. If they were not people would be demanding they stop using sugar and use low fat cream etc etc etc.
No the facts are they don't serve lunch and you're comparing apples to oranges.

Speaking of apples, McDonalds used to have deep fried apple pies for dessert but the lib food Nazis made them get rid of it. Apples to apples comparison, happy?

When/where did that happen, got a cite?

the reason McDonalds is put under the spotlight is prevalence. my guess is that if there was a B&J on every corner and that most people ate there all of the time, they would be put under the microscope, too. you also don't hear a lot about Red Lobster, and their menu is much more fattening than McDonalds. there are countless other examples of places worse than McDonalds which largely escape scrutiny.

the reason McDonalds is put under the spotlight is prevalence. my guess is that if there was a B&J on every corner and that most people ate there all of the time, they would be put under the microscope, too. you also don't hear a lot about Red Lobster, and their menu is much more fattening than McDonalds. there are countless other examples of places worse than McDonalds which largely escape scrutiny.

Restaurant food is restaurant food. Loaded with flavor enhancers, fat, sugar, salt, to chum the waters and encourage people to overeat. Fast-food restaurant food is no different. I absolutely agree with you about Red Lobster:

The Seaside Shrimp Trio at Red Lobster, as an example, has 990 calories and a whopping!!! 3630 milligrams of salt and 30 grams of fat. Add their signature caesar-dressed salad and count 280 more calories, 21 grams of fat and 560 milligrams of salt. Add one of their parmesan biscuits, and the grand total of dinner is 1420 calories, 59 grams of fat and 4,440 milligrams of salt (just shy of two teaspoons).

What's the "real nourishment" in this dish? The protein -- the shrimp -- some mashed potatoes -- and not much else.

With a lot of work, one can eat "healthier" in restaurants; but hardly healthy. And it's certainly not cheap either.

Restaurant food is restaurant food. Loaded with flavor enhancers, fat, sugar, salt, to chum the waters and encourage people to overeat. Fast-food restaurant food is no different. I absolutely agree with you about Red Lobster:

The Seaside Shrimp Trio at Red Lobster, as an example, has 990 calories and a whopping!!! 3630 milligrams of salt and 30 grams of fat. Add their signature caesar-dressed salad and count 280 more calories, 21 grams of fat and 560 milligrams of salt. Add one of their parmesan biscuits, and the grand total of dinner is 1420 calories, 59 grams of fat and 4,440 milligrams of salt (just shy of two teaspoons).

What's the "real nourishment" in this dish? The protein -- the shrimp -- some mashed potatoes -- and not much else.

With a lot of work, one can eat "healthier" in restaurants; but hardly healthy. And it's certainly not cheap either.

i want an admiral's feast with cheddar bay biscuits pretty badly. i haven't had one since 2008. though i have been to the place recently, i chose something less horrifyingly fattening. i work hard to keep off the weight that i lost years ago.

as for restaurant food, Subway is one of the few places you can really get a variety of healthy options. i eat there almost daily. it's funny, though; very often, i see someone in front of me in line who i know is there because Subway has the healthy rep. they proceed to get a footlong and drown it in several sauces. i'm a calorie counting psycho, so i could probably peg the calories of their sandwich with an error range of maybe 150 cals or so. sometimes it takes all of my self control not to say, "hey, you do realize that you could have had two big macs for the same amount of calories, right?" lol

i want an admiral's feast with cheddar bay biscuits pretty badly. i haven't had one since 2008. though i have been to the place recently, i chose something less horrifyingly fattening. i work hard to keep off the weight that i lost years ago.

Come on, splurge a little Helix! You deserve it for all that hard work. Take 1-2 people, share the meal, and then take a reeeally loooong waaaalk. :)

Come on, splurge a little Helix! You deserve it for all that hard work. Take 1-2 people, share the meal, and then take a reeeally loooong waaaalk. :)

i'd have to walk all the way to California, and i don't live close, lol. as for sharing, it might be caring, but when you put that meal in front of me, i don't care enough. the plate will be finished, and i will stagger out the door in a food coma to re-live the guilt for the next few days, lol. i remember when i thought being thin would curb my appetite, because my stomach would magically shrink to the size of a pea. WRONG

i exercise every day unless i'm injured or too sick to move. on Saturdays, i generally do a ton of extra cardio and splurge on something. usually, it's a burger and fries.

It's a poor man's lunch. It's cheaper to eat fat food than it is to eat healthy food even in a grocery store. Sugary, pasta, crap food that is bad for you is cheaper than food that is healthy for you and that is what these people are complaining about.

That's a flat out lie.

A pound of Boars Head Deluxe Ham or Oven Gold Turkey is about $9.99 a pound.

A loaf of Arnold's Multigrain bread is about $3.50.

2 lbs. of organic baby carrots is $3.00.

Water is free.

$16.50 for a week worth of lunches.

How many super sized Big Mac meals will $16.50 buy?

2 1/2, maybe 3?

And understand that I'm comparing "top shelf" grocery store products.

I would easily cut $5 or $6 off of that by buying store brand. The meal might suffer a little in terms of quality but nutritionally it'd still be infinitely better than ANY fast food meal (other than maybe a Subway veggie sandwich).

How much McDonalds will the $10 or $11 dollars I'd spend on healthy, store brand grocery store food buy?

We're talking about $2 to $3 a day here for healthy, filling, tasty food.

I understand that some people don't have even that. But we're not talking about those people.

We're talking about people who, even if they shop off of a fast food Dollar Menu are still spending $2 or $3 a meal.

Last edited:
Are you on crack? They used to have deep fried apple pie until food Nazi libs made them stop.
They still have apple pie, and cherry too. So I don't know what you are talking about.

What can't you grasp about this? They were forced to stop having deep fried pie by lib food Nazi's that let Ben and jerry have their way with the ice cream public.

where is your proof. It sounds like a fairy tail to me.

Back
Top Bottom