• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McDonald's kiosks

There was a study just a short time ago, 95% of the tested kiosks at MCDs tested positive for fecal matter

My guess is any surface area where kids go will test positive for fecal matter.

There was a study just a short time ago, 95% of the tested kiosks at MCDs tested positive for fecal matter

It wouldn’t surprise me, but I am sure that is the same with money and door knobs. It is nasty to think about, but we have immune systems for a reason. :)

I don't do the McD's trick very often but the last couple of times the store offered both the kiosk and the traditional counter.
Didn't see much difference.

Yeah you still have to stand in line at the counter! And they have to give you your cup!

What font manipulation? I don't see any nor did I attempt to do so. Could it be your computer?
Apparently it's just when you quote something - the font in this post is fine. But when I looked at your OP the text was enclosed in layers of "[font][/font]" tags.
Seems to make the enclosed font about half the size of normal text. I haven't noticed on any other poster's quotes.

Apparently it's just when you quote something - the font in this post is fine. But when I looked at your OP the text was enclosed in layers of "[font][/font]" tags.
Seems to make the enclosed font about half the size of normal text. I haven't noticed on any other poster's quotes.

O.K. I'll get rid of the quotation marks and bolding. I just italicized the words I wanted to stick out. Hope that's better.

Last edited:
Anybody been to McDonald's lately? In case your'e smart enough not to eat their food and haven't been there for a while many of them now, including the one in my town, you have to order by Kiosk with a touch screen and everything is clear until your two choices left are "cancel" and "add to order." That's it. No other responses. So I'm standing there and thinking, "no, I don't want to cancel my order, but I don't want to add to it either." So where the hell is "go to check out" or "pay now?" *&^%$#@!
Who is the idiot or committee that screwed that up with thousands of Kiosks? I mean even a grade school kid could tell you that makes no sense. Does anyone else feel that way? And just in case you're wondering "add to order" takes you to both an option to add to your order and pay. Does that make sense to anyone?
Now I have a theory, but it’s just that. Maybe with the only option being “add to order” and “cancel” they want you to be more inclined to order more if you click on that?

Your signature. Surely they could’ve sent her to Brazil in an empty coffee ship.

Is there any way you could avoid all this font manipulation? It makes your posts very hard for us old guys to read.

CTRL and + sign at the same time = ZOOM.
Use the CTRL and the - sign to scale it back again.

Your signature. Surely they could’ve sent her to Brazil in an empty coffee ship.

Do you even try and stay on topic?

Do you find the innocent victims of the holocaust amusing?

I had a relative gassed in Germany. I don't find your remarks at all funny let alone mature.

Do you even try and stay on topic?

Do you find the innocent victims of the holocaust amusing?

I had a relative gassed in Germany. I don't find your remarks at all funny let alone mature.
i wasn’t trying to be amusing one ****ing bit. They were sending Jewish people to Brazil all the time during the war in the empty coffee ships.

i wasn’t trying to be amusing one ****ing bit. They were sending Jewish people to Brazil all the time during the war in the empty coffee ships.

Well you sure could have fooled me.

CTRL and + sign at the same time = ZOOM.
Use the CTRL and the - sign to scale it back again.
Yeah, I know that it also enlarges everything else. I was looking for a more permanent solution. Thanks anyway.

Can anybody tell me that have used these is there a button to special order the food?

I order a double quarter pounder plain with cheese and no bread. My local McDonald's knows how I like it and they make it for me how I have to have it.

Can one of these robots do that?

Anybody been to McDonald's lately? In case your'e smart enough not to eat their food and haven't been there for a while many of them now, including the one in my town, you have to order by Kiosk with a touch screen and everything is clear until your two choices left are "cancel" and "add to order." That's it. No other responses. So I'm standing there and thinking, "no, I don't want to cancel my order, but I don't want to add to it either." So where the hell is "go to check out" or "pay now?" *&^%$#@!
Who is the idiot or committee that screwed that up with thousands of Kiosks? I mean even a grade school kid could tell you that makes no sense. Does anyone else feel that way? And just in case you're wondering "add to order" takes you to both an option to add to your order and pay. Does that make sense to anyone?
Now I have a theory, but it’s just that. Maybe with the only option being “add to order” and “cancel” they want you to be more inclined to order more if you click on that?

Jack in the Box has been using these for a few years. I like them, when I order from a real person behind the counter they consistently F my order up.

Can anybody tell me that have used these is there a button to special order the food?

I order a double quarter pounder plain with cheese and no bread. My local McDonald's knows how I like it and they make it for me how I have to have it.

Can one of these robots do that?

No. Some stores do not even have person manning the inside till anymore. There is no one to talk to. You have to pay with a card in these places.

Some stores are mixed. You can pay in cash, and tell the clerk your special order at that time. It might even get relayed back to the kitchen.

Some stores have not installed them at all. It's just like the 'good old days'.

Frankly, I don't like them. They are slow and awkward to use.

Jack in the Box has been using these for a few years. I like them, when I order from a real person behind the counter they consistently F my order up.

Oddly enough, I've had that happen with the kiosks as well. It's the kitchen that F'd my order up.

Its the norm in Japan- when you go to a ramen house, you just walk up to a kiosk and place your order, then pay before sitting down.

IMG_20190104_164614652.jpg

There's a photo. These are zinnias I grow every year from seed(Burpee 'giant flowered mix'), along with a sucessful patch of Stargazer lillies(BTW, that particular strain of zinnias reaches heights at least 2-3x taller than advertised. That picture is from mid July, just a couple weeks after the first flower opened, and by mid September they will be double that height, with a LOT more flowers. They'll reach 5.5 - 7 tall, greatly exceeding the advertised height of 2.5 feet)!

Anyway, the photo is even less relevant than the photo in post 2, but I'll also add some relevant substance: I HATE those stupid McDonald's kiosks, and although I've tried them 2-3 times in the past year or so, I generally try NOT to use them if at all possible! Well, that is unless they have an employee standing there 'guiding' customers to the kiosks. They are more time consuming and less efficient overall, because often you have to go and deal with a cashier anyway....

Last edited:
Its the norm in Japan- when you go to a ramen house, you just walk up to a kiosk and place your order, then pay before sitting down.

We don't have ramen houses. In northeastern USA, ramen is defined as single serving, extremely inexpensive, thin, curly dehydrated noodles that require boiling water, and come with a tiny packet of dehydrated broth powder, which is stirred in roughly 2 mins after the boiling water is added. Judging by what I see in multiple anime series, ramen must make up 99.9% of the diet of the Japanese people, but it must be of higher overall quality than the dehydrated American version! Lol.

No. Some stores do not even have person manning the inside till anymore. There is no one to talk to. You have to pay with a card in these places.

Some stores are mixed. You can pay in cash, and tell the clerk your special order at that time. It might even get relayed back to the kitchen.

Yep. Low skill jobs are increasingly being phased out, replaced by automation. That's happening in many industries. One more reason why we do not need to continue bringing in millions of mostly unskilled, mostly uneducated, mostly non English speaking immigrants. If we truly care about our own poor, uneducated and unskilled citizens, we need to protect their jobs(and reduce the numbers of uneducated Americans, by countering the attempts to weaken the nuclear family).

Well I am glad that here in Mexico they still hire real people so I can explain how I need the food to be made.

At my local place they never screw it up. Even if there is a new person on the register, the guy in the kitchen knows how I need the food prepared.

I use the Android app and wait in my car for them to bring it out, so I had to look thise one up. I think it's asking you if you want just the sandwich or make it a meal. Video below, it would have confused me, too.

What font manipulation? I don't see any nor did I attempt to do so. Could it be your computer?
Not likely since I see it on mine as well. If you quote your OP you'll see a lot of code that only you could have inserted. Here's a pic of what your OP looks like when I quoted it to respond, I've circled examples of said font code:

222.jpg

There's a button in the post editor, at the top left, to toggle between seeing this code or not. Any number of things could trigger a font without your explicit command to do so, the most common thing being your browser settings. But it's not us, the readers. It's on your end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom