• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

The_Patriot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Umm wow.... :shock:

McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months

Vladimir Lenin, King Tut and the McDonald's Happy Meal: What do they all have in common? A shocking resistance to Mother Nature's cycle of decomposition and biodegradability, apparently.

That's the disturbing point brought home by the latest project of New York City-based artist and photographer Sally Davies, who bought a McDonald's Happy Meal back in April and left it out in her kitchen to see how well it would hold up over time.

The results? "The only change that I can see is that it has become hard as a rock," Davies told the U.K. Daily Mail.

I had a piece of mcdonalds cheese in my car for a few months, it became like a piece of plastic (I do clean my car, but I left it there in my drinky cup holder on purpose). Weirdness...

I had a piece of mcdonalds cheese in my car for a few months, it became like a piece of plastic (I do clean my car, but I left it there in my drinky cup holder on purpose). Weirdness...

This happens to all cheese.
It's called 'forming a skin' and is *how* they age cheese - they form it, let it skin and ripen and mature.

Some cheeses are sold in this skin - you cut through the skin and eat the inside product.

Most of the time the skin is removed before it's available for purchase.

This happens to all cheese.
It's called 'forming a skin' and is *how* they age cheese - they form it, let it skin and ripen and mature.

Some cheeses are sold in this skin - you cut through the skin and eat the inside product.

Most of the time the skin is removed before it's available for purchase.
Quite true.

Ever left a block of cheese open to the air in a fridge? Crust forms.

This is a classic case of a none story.

Everything is dependent on the the Temperature and Humidity in the first crucial 48 hours or so.

It the temperature was fairly high in low humidity the moisture would have been deduced and without it there can be no mold and in short order anything other than a liquid would be forever dried and hard as a rock, and even look semi-normal.

So this is case of, BIG FOODING Deal.

This is a classic case of a none story.

Everything is dependent on the the Temperature and Humidity in the first crucial 48 hours or so.

It the temperature was fairly high in low humidity the moisture would have been deduced and without it there can be no mold and in short order anything other than a liquid would be forever dried and hard as a rock, and even look semi-normal.

So this is case of, BIG FOODING Deal.
Actually, that burger looks tiny...

:mrgreen:

It kinda reminds me of the end of "Super Size Me," when Morgan Spurlock leaves McDonald's fries out for several weeks just to see what would happen. At the end...they look exactly the same as they did on the day he bought them.

It kinda reminds me of the end of "Super Size Me," when Morgan Spurlock leaves McDonald's fries out for several weeks just to see what would happen. At the end...they look exactly the same as they did on the day he bought them.

Except the fillet-o-fish, that looked quite nasty IIRC.

I'm a big fan of clean eating, i.e., eating fresh fruits/veggies and cooking from scratch, without a boatload of chemicals that were never designed to be in food. This is exactly why.

I have never liked McDonald's and after watching that movie (had my kids watch it too), I will never set foot into the godforsaken place again. Nasty.

As for the OP - I read somewhere once (sorry, going off memory and I will check snopes after I post) that margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. You can leave a tub of margarine out on the counter and it will never spoil.

Is that nasty or what? :vomit:

Here - I didn't wait to google: Margarine Myth

What's the truth? Is margarine or butter healthier for you? Both substances contain the same amount of fat. The only real difference is the kind of fat they contain. One contains synthetic fat, fat that very closely resembles plastic. The other contains natural fat that human digestive systems have had thousands of years to learn how to digest. Can you guess which is which?

Right! Margarine contains plasticky fat. Vegetable oil is placed under high pressure, then hydrogen bubbles are forced into it causing the molecular structure of the natural oil to turn into a synthetic, pseudo-plastic substance. In fact, margarine doesn't break down. You can leave margarine out on the counter for weeks and it won't degrade. So if bacteria can't break it down, do you really think your body can?

As for the OP - I read somewhere once (sorry, going off memory and I will check snopes after I post) that margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. You can leave a tub of margarine out on the counter and it will never spoil.

Is that nasty or what? :vomit:

Here - I didn't wait to google: Margarine Myth
It isnt true. Urban legend.

Back
Top Bottom