• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCrory, lawmakers, Justice Department all turn to courts for action on HB2

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gov. Pat McCrory has asked a federal court to declare that House Bill 2 does not discriminate against LBGT people, a reaction to the Obama administration's demand the state roll back the law. Lawyers for the governor filed the declaratory judgment action Monday.

And it gets better from there. The North Carolina Legislature has filed their own lawsuit, and now the Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit seeking to block implementation of the law, and they are getting ready to cut off billions in Federal funds to NC.. Since NC receives much more from the Feds than it pays out in taxes, that is going to hurt.

3 lawsuits...... 3 ring circus.

Here's how I see it: If somebody has identified as transgender, but has not had the equipment changed, he or she needs to use the bathroom which identifies with that equipment. If the equipment has been changed, the he or she should use the bathroom corresponding to the new equipment. I have 2 issues with HB2:

1) Requiring a birth certificate to use a rest room? That is ludicrous on it's face.

2) But, most importantly, people who believe they have been discriminated against are not allowed to go to court. Had that been the case in Virginia a few decades ago, the Loving v. Virginia decision might not have happened, which means that my brother could go to prison just for travelling through the state with his wife, who is black. That part of the NC law is clearly unconstitutional.

The law was poorly written, and caters to the lowest common denominator in that state, which is hate. I could see it being rewritten to take out not being able to go to court if you are discriminated against, and also declare that the equipment must match the bathroom. But how to enforce it? You can't. Are you going to put the Penis Police at every bathroom door to check the genitalia of everybody who enters? Of course not. You are just going to have to face the fact that transgendered people have been using the bathroom of their choice for centuries, and that is never going to change..... Not without the Penis Police, anyway, and how practical do you think that is?

Article is here.

Last edited:
The Left picked this fight.

Not true. Both side are dancing the tango on this issue, and they make perfect dance partners, keeping us distracted while the banksters are able to sneak around and rob America blind.

Also, it was the right which began the "Culture wars" a couple of decades ago. Seems the left has stolen their playbook now, and are busy creating their own wedge issues.

Not true. Both side are dancing the tango on this issue, and they make perfect dance partners, keeping us distracted while the banksters are able to sneak around and rob America blind.

Also, it was the right which began the "Culture wars" a couple of decades ago. Seems the left has stolen their playbook now, and are busy creating their own wedge issues.

It is true. HB2 is the result of a city ordinance in Charlotte that mandated that businesses had to accomadater transgenders, with a $500 fine for violating the ordinance.

The PAC Nazis should have just well enough alone.

It is true. HB2 is the result of a city ordinance in Charlotte that mandated that businesses had to accomadater transgenders, with a $500 fine for violating the ordinance.

So you prefer big government to local solutions? How very conservative of you...

So you prefer big government to local solutions? How very conservative of you...

Damn, why did you post that. I wanted to post it. You took the words right out of my mouth. LOL.

Damn, why did you post that. I wanted to post it. You took the words right out of my mouth. LOL.

Because I am not a RINO like you.

:mrgreen:

And it gets better from there. The North Carolina Legislature has filed their own lawsuit, and now the Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit seeking to block implementation of the law, and they are getting ready to cut off billions in Federal funds to NC.. Since NC receives much more from the Feds than it pays out in taxes, that is going to hurt.

3 lawsuits...... 3 ring circus.

Here's how I see it: If somebody has identified as transgender, but has not had the equipment changed, he or she needs to use the bathroom which identifies with that equipment. If the equipment has been changed, the he or she should use the bathroom corresponding to the new equipment. I have 2 issues with HB2:

1) Requiring a birth certificate to use a rest room? That is ludicrous on it's face.

2) But, most importantly, people who believe they have been discriminated against are not allowed to go to court. Had that been the case in Virginia a few decades ago, the Loving v. Virginia decision might not have happened, which means that my brother could go to prison just for travelling through the state with his wife, who is black. That part of the NC law is clearly unconstitutional.

The law was poorly written, and caters to the lowest common denominator in that state, which is hate. I could see it being rewritten to take out not being able to go to court if you are discriminated against, and also declare that the equipment must match the bathroom. But how to enforce it? You can't. Are you going to put the Penis Police at every bathroom door to check the genitalia of everybody who enters? Of course not. You are just going to have to face the fact that transgendered people have been using the bathroom of their choice for centuries, and that is never going to change..... Not without the Penis Police, anyway, and how practical do you think that is?

Article is here.

the tax payers ought to be able to sue both governments for wasting so much money on such a STUPID issue

Did I say that? No, I didn't. How about assessing what I said instead of what I didn't say. If you can.

Here's how I see it: If somebody has identified as transgender, but has not had the equipment changed, he or she needs to use the bathroom which identifies with that equipment. If the equipment has been changed, the he or she should use the bathroom corresponding to the new equipment.

Why?

What benefit does the public receive from the govt enforcing such a rule?

Did I say that? No, I didn't. How about assessing what I said instead of what I didn't say. If you can.
Because there's a script that must be followed, and Redress and Dan are following it to a T.

Actually you did. You blamed the locality passing a local law that worked for that locality for "picking a fight", somehow justifying the big government stepping in. Did you forget what you wrote in this thread?

Because there's a script that must be followed, and Redress and Dan are following it to a T.

I am not good at following scripts. Way to not actually counter any argument...

Actually you did. You blamed the locality passing a local law that worked for that locality for "picking a fight", somehow justifying the big government stepping in. Did you forget what you wrote in this thread?

I never justified anything. I see your debate tactics haven't changed...lol

I never justified anything. I see your debate tactics haven't changed...lol

You are right, my style has not changed. I read what people post. Here, let's look at you doing what you claimed not to do...

Liberals can't debate without making it personal, or putting words into people's mouths.

You are right, my style has not changed. I read what people post. Here, let's look at you doing what you claimed not to do...

You fabricated statements that I never made.

Does he really mean that you are being dishonest if you actually post quotes of what he actually said? Say it ain't so. LOL.

Does he really mean that you are being dishonest if you actually post quotes of what he actually said? Say it ain't so. LOL.

Where did I say justified? Can you point that out for us?

Why?

What benefit does the public receive from the govt enforcing such a rule?

Where does the public benefit from any of this?

the tax payers ought to be able to sue both governments for wasting so much money on such a STUPID issue

is that your best legal opinion about this matter?
where would we be today if the congress in 1964 chose not to move forward with the civil rights act, instead using the excuse that would incur a use of excessive resources

is that your best legal opinion about this matter?
where would we be today if the congress in 1964 chose not to move forward with the civil rights act, instead using the excuse that would incur a use of excessive resources

what would have happened if the federal government had actually stuck to the constitution as it was written?

this bathroom idiocy is just that. its a complete waste of time and money. as if someone is going to sit in the lavatories checking the crotch of every person in every stall

I am not good at following scripts. Way to not actually counter any argument...
Actually, it was pretty much on par with your brilliant counter argument here, which reads an awful lot like scripted responses posted a lot here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom