• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell unloads on Trump: 'Morally responsible' for provoking mob

trump was potus when he was impeached. trump was still lying about voter fraud when he amped up his rioters.

Why are you stuck on that? Does the Senate have the power to convict private citizens, yes or no?

When did the trial start again?

Yea, I had the wrong links for some reason, handed to the Senate on the 25th.....5 days after Biden was sworn in.......really doesn't matter when the trial started does it at that point...

Why are you stuck on that? Does the Senate have the power to convict private citizens, yes or no?
Is that question answered in the Constitution? You would be convicting Clinton if she had done 1/6. Think Benghazi.

Yea, I had the wrong links for some reason, handed to the Senate on the 25th.....5 days after Biden was sworn in.......really doesn't matter when the trial started does it at that point...
Of course it matters when the trial started. That’s the skirt Mitch is hiding behind for his process bullshit.

Is that question answered in the Constitution? You would be convicting Clinton if she had done 1/6. Think Benghazi.

Clinton wasn't the President.....she would have been SoS after the 20th....like I said, the death of common sense is frustrating.

Of course it matters when the trial started. That’s the skirt Mitch is hiding behind for his process bullshit.

Why? On the 25th, when it was handed over, Trump was a private citizen, tell me again where in the Constitution, does it say Congress can impeach a private citizen?

Why? On the 25th, when it was handed over, Trump was a private citizen, tell me again where in the Constitution, does it say Congress can impeach a private citizen?
McConnell refused to accept the impeachment before the 20th to set up the process bullshit and you know it.

The prick chiseled his way out of protecting the Constitution with his BS
The party is falling apart- and for those that think Trump will fade away, well he won't

We saw Kevin condemn him and then back away & visit him in FL

If Biden has a strong economy in 24, he will win again

I think I agree!

Good economy + tamped-down coronavirus should give Biden the win.

Clinton wasn't the President.....she would have been SoS after the 20th....like I said, the death of common sense is frustrating.
Is that process question answered in the Constitution? Yes or No

McConnell refused to accept the impeachment before the 20th to set up the process bullshit and you know it.

I don't know anything, I know the House gave it over on the 25th.....but let' say they gave it on the 18th, on the 21st, Trump was no longer President, what power does Congress have to impeach a private citizen?

Is that process question answered in the Constitution? Yes or No

What process question, I'm almost positive Clinton, and Bengazhi is not mentioned in the Constitution, that's what you asked me about.

I think I agree!

Good economy + tamped-down coronavirus should give Biden the win.
Trump would be President except for C19
If he had acted with some planning on C19, vice division, he would be President

I think that will be the consensus when all is said and done

Trump would be President except for C19
If he had acted with some planning on C19, vice division, he would be President

I think that will be the consensus when all is said and done

Careful.......pretty soon you will see posts linking C19, China, and Biden.....or the DNC.......etc.....that's why things like that are bettered whispered these days,

Doesn't matter you are 100% correct.

This might have meant something if he'd voted to convict.

And yet he voted not to convict him. Spineless piece of s***

Disagree, I think he actually did stand by his conviction, he believes 100% that this impeachment was unconstitutional, so he stood by his belief, voted accordingly, and then blistered Trump in a speech.

He made some valid points, that by voting to convict a PRIVATE CITIZEN, they are setting precedent to prevent private citizens from running for office etc....

You are conflating a private citizen ( you and I ) with a private citizen who was the former president. There is no parity because of that fact. For example, in the past, the WH would give the former president intel briefings. They sure as hell would not do that for any other private citizen. So, sorry, there is no parity and because of that fact your logic doesn't work meaning that because of that fact a conviction would not apply to anyone but former presidents.

I disagree with you on your point regarding McConnell's (alleged) 'conviction'.

He knows damn well that, because of the political question doctrine, meaning that impeaching and convicting him in the Senate is a political act, if they did vote to convict, it would set a precedent that it is constitutional, noting that on issues of politics, SCOTUS and federal courts wont' touch it. So, the point is, he knows damn well they could have convicted him if they really wanted to, because he knows that the courts would not interfere with that ruling, had Trump sued (to overturn a conviction if they had convicted him).

More on the 'political question doctrine':

Federal courts will refuse to hear a case if they find that it presents a political question. This doctrine refers to the idea that an issue is so politically charged that federal courts, which are typically viewed as the apolitical branch of government, should not hear the issue. The doctrine is also referred to as the justiciability doctrine or the nonjusticiability doctrine.

Not the end

McConnell drove a spike through his party There is a lot of healing and cleanup to do.
Yes he is signaling the end for the one term loser. Other Reps. are joining in too. The just want him gone and good riddance. Now come the civil and criminal charges to keep him busy and hopefully silent. It's time to move on.

"I think he is probably not likely to ever be President of the United States again based on what is going on right here right now," said Sen. Kevin Cramer, a North Dakota Republican who voted to acquit Trump. "I think the impeachment process has been damaging because people have seen repeated images of how awful that night was and how inappropriate his response was. While it does not meet the standard in my view of inciting insurrection, it will have had that damaging effect."

Of the President, Vice President, or civil officer,

When the trial started, which one of those, was Trump?
So how long is the free baby raping period, now that we're clear there is one?

I wonder what Biden will do with his?

He was in office when the trial started? REALLY? Anyone else know that?
No, he escaped through a loophole.

Like he hoped to use loopholes to steal the election.

Think he ever figured out a loophole around the whole "Ivanka is his daughter" thing?

He does love himself a loophole.

Yes he is signaling the end for the one term loser. Other Reps. are joining in too. The just want him gone and good riddance. Now come the civil and criminal charges to keep him busy and hopefully silent. It's time to move on.

"I think he is probably not likely to ever be President of the United States again based on what is going on right here right now," said Sen. Kevin Cramer, a North Dakota Republican who voted to acquit Trump. "I think the impeachment process has been damaging because people have seen repeated images of how awful that night was and how inappropriate his response was. While it does not meet the standard in my view of inciting insurrection, it will have had that damaging effect."

Someone should tell Trump, he thinks he is still a relevant and powerful force in the Republican Party

I don't know anything, I know the House gave it over on the 25th.....but let' say they gave it on the 18th, on the 21st, Trump was no longer President, what power does Congress have to impeach a private citizen?
Why would the founders have given a clever attempted tyrant the loophole McConnell set up for trump to slip through? What protective function does the technicality y'all are hiding behind provide to the union?

For the love of ****.

Care less about Trump....or Republicans....or Demorcats, but the death of common sense is frustrating and frequent recently
@Common Sense 1

Common sense is for things like not touching a hot stove after you learn it burns you, when you're a kid.

Good reasoning and logic says that an impeachment trial can happen after the term ends because otherwise a president could do something at the very last day and not be impeached due to there not being enough time.

Next you'll likely say there was enough time. The attack happened on 1/6 and the term ended two weeks after.

So, if the trial were held a week after, you likely would've complained that it was a "snap impeachment," like one of the defense lawyers did, several times.

If one can't use good reasoning and logic, they should listen to people that do. If it's because they're disingenuous, then they should do something else with their time instead of posting on a political forum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom