• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell, so much for bipartisanship!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
McConnell has the nerve after his just say no to Obama campaign to say the Dems should play ball with the GOP and work for bipartisanship for the good of the nation. Then the first bipartisan bill is to protect Mueller and McConnell kills the bill and says no one is threatening Mueller. I guess McConnell has been sleeping since Trump fired Sessions and hired Whitaker for just that purpose. Guess McConnell is getting old and forgetful or as he has been in the past, just being the biggest hypocrite ever. I find it interesting that I read one of two of the GOP Senators are saying they will vote against any judges until the bill is given a chance in the Senate.

McConnell has the nerve after his just say no to Obama campaign to say the Dems should play ball with the GOP and work for bipartisanship for the good of the nation. Then the first bipartisan bill is to protect Mueller and McConnell kills the bill and says no one is threatening Mueller. I guess McConnell has been sleeping since Trump fired Sessions and hired Whitaker for just that purpose. Guess McConnell is getting old and forgetful or as he has been in the past, just being the biggest hypocrite ever. I find it interesting that I read one of two of the GOP Senators are saying they will vote against any judges until the bill is given a chance in the Senate.

McConnell can go **** himself. Second biggest hypocrite in all of Washington next to Donnie Boy himself.

Red:
  • Specious is McConnell's implicit proposition that nobody is threatening Mueller's investigative undertakings.
  • I have yet to hear a cogent/sound case for demurring from proscribing, by way of criminalizing, Executive branch personnel and principals from terminating, defunding, curtailing the staffing of, and/or denying facilities to Bob Mueller and his team.
    • If nobody in the Executive branch is of a mind to do any of those things, such legislation will be of no matter, and the investigation will continue to its organic end.
    • If someone in the Executive branch is of a mind to do any of those things, such legislation will help ensure the investigation continues to its organic end, which, frankly, is what it should do.
    • Such legislation has the added value of forcing the POTUS to acknowledge his respect for and will to abide by the rule of law, or, should he veto it, force him to acknowledge is disregard for the rule of law and attest to his unwillingness to abide by it.

Last edited:

So far to my knowledge, and I would appreciate it if you could show me different, the only people saying that Mueller is in danger are the press, the Democrats, and hard line anti-Trump Republicans.

Show me the evidence that Mueller is in actual danger right now, not some histerical tweet months ago, but actual evidence of danger, and I'll be right there with you.

However, a bill passed by Congress to prevent the President from firing an Executive Branch official is unconstitutional, and even if the Congress had enough votes to override a Presidential Veto, the law would be overruled by the SCOTUS in accordance with precedence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_v._United_States

McConnell has already asked the DEMs to cut into Social Security and Medicare. Ironic after giving exhorbitant Tax Cuts to Billionaires. Now he wants to take away SS and Medicare from the group on the Left, in the chart below, even though they payed into these systems all their lives.

Income_1percenters_poor_etc.JPG

So far to my knowledge, and I would appreciate it if you could show me different, the only people saying that Mueller is in danger are the press, the Democrats, and hard line anti-Trump Republicans.

Show me the evidence that Mueller is in actual danger right now, not some histerical tweet months ago, but actual evidence of danger, and I'll be right there with you.

However, a bill passed by Congress to prevent the President from firing an Executive Branch official is unconstitutional, and even if the Congress had enough votes to override a Presidential Veto, the law would be overruled by the SCOTUS in accordance with precedence: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_v._United_States

That's pretty much my same stance, as I have only be hearing much of the same from just the media and those who want to fear monger on social media.

Last edited:

The 2 republican senators that are threatening McConnell are the usual suspects;- Flake and Connelly. These 2 often speak out against trump and bad republican policies but then vote along with the republicans like good little goosesteppers.

Only McCain was gutsy enough to vote against the republicans - JUST ONCE. And for that , the republicans treated him appallingly - even during his funeral and afterwards. The republican party is now the party of trump and everyone else can go get stuffed.

You like McConnell will only believe Trump or his minons will fire Mueller after it has happened. And the Congress can pass a law allowing Mueller all of the powers to do as he is doing even after Trump fires him. He would be outside of the DOJ, but with all of the powers he presently has and enough people to do the work.

YaY!!!:lol:

What has Trump done for you? Billionaires are happy. They received huge savings in tax cuts (83% of the benefits). You may have saved a pittance, but the deficit is now skyrocketing. We will all have to pay for that.

What has Trump done for you? Billionaires are happy. They received huge savings in tax cuts (83% of the benefits). You may have saved a pittance, but the deficit is now skyrocketing. We will all have to pay for that.

Yes, we are paying for it through more jobs, better jobs, and higher wages. Oh woe is us!

Yes, we are paying for it through more jobs, better jobs, and higher wages. Oh woe is us!

Yes, the thriving economy of Obama is continuing, at least for now...

BTW, Obama did this while reducing the deficit!

Yes, the thriving economy of Obama is continuing, at least for now...

BTW, Obama did this while reducing the deficit!

No he didn't. He gets no credit for economy. Tax cuts are what is driving the economy. No democrat voted for the tax cut so they can't claim any credit. If Obama's economy was so good then Hillary would have won.

No he didn't. He gets no credit for economy. Tax cuts are what is driving the economy. No democrat voted for the tax cut so they can't claim any credit. If Obama's economy was so good then Hillary would have won.

Sorry, but the facts are that this is a continuation of Obama thriving economy. Billionaires received 83% of the benefits from the tax cuts, and America will inherit the skyrocketing deficit.

Sorry, but the facts are that this is a continuation of Obama thriving economy. Billionaires received 83% of the benefits from the tax cuts, and America will inherit the skyrocketing deficit.

He did nothing for the economy. You can believe what you want but Obama did everything he could to hurt the economy and the middle class.

He did nothing for the economy. You can believe what you want but Obama did everything he could to hurt the economy and the middle class.

Please prove your assertion with links or facts. This speaks to intent - please prove Obama intended to hurt the economy and the middle class. Cuz from where I'm sitting, it's a **** ton better than when he inherited it. So I expect this is gonna be goooooooooooooooood….

:lamo

Please prove your assertion with links or facts. This speaks to intent - please prove Obama intended to hurt the economy and the middle class. Cuz from where I'm sitting, it's a **** ton better than when he inherited it. So I expect this is gonna be goooooooooooooooood….

:lamo

See post 13.....did any democrat vote for a tax cut? No. Tax cuts are why people got bonuses last year, jobs this year, consumer confidence is up, small business confidence is up......these markers were not there under Obama. Remember, Obama said jobs weren't coming back, Trump needed a magic wand, 2.1 growth is the best it's ever gonna get.

See post 13.....did any democrat vote for a tax cut? No. Tax cuts are why people got bonuses last year, jobs this year, consumer confidence is up, small business confidence is up......these markers were not there under Obama. Remember, Obama said jobs weren't coming back, Trump needed a magic wand, 2.1 growth is the best it's ever gonna get.

Deflection. Wanna try again?

The Republican senate will be the biggest challenge for Democrats in the coming decade.
Even if we replace Trump with a Democratic President, and keep the House in 2020, how are we gonna have a Supreme Court appointment and other judges to balance the courts?
Why will they not just obstruct them like they did Garland? They will.

They wont' do a ****ing thing.

They didn't do anything but help give rich tax cuts when in power, and out of power they will obstruct. All the while stacking the courts.

No, I really don't. You seem awfully hard headed.

Very open minded, actually... You should try answering a question some time. :)

(Psst...it's ok, I know that either you don't really understand the subject, or your partisanship demands dishonesty. I wasn't really expecting much).

Deflection. Wanna try again?

These folks are so indoctrinated with the FAUX News propaganda, that they simply use circular arguments to make their point. As if repetition of a false premise, somehow makes it true.

These folks are so indoctrinated with the FAUX News propaganda, that they simply use circular arguments to make their point. As if repetition of a false premise, somehow makes it true.

hehe..yeah...it's like they think we won't notice. Unfortunately, just because one drops the bar to the floor, it doesn't mean everyone else has.

Rod Redactenstein should have recused himself years ago but, since he failed to do the right thing and has continued to disrespect Congress and ignore congressional subpoenas, he now must answer to a new boss who will honor congressional subpoenas according to the law.

The left are all in a tizzy about the Mueller investigation. No matter what Trump does, the investigation will continue until it's conclusion so no legislation is needed. That's McConnell's argument. By the way, you are being a biased partisan. McConnell was just part of bipartisan legislation that made it to Trump just recently regarding prison sentencing reforms. Guess you didn't want to talk about that bipartisan legislation, did you?

Back
Top Bottom