• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell says calls for Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from 1-6 related cases are "inappropriate pressure campaign"

From prosecution, since she was encouraging Meadows to commit a coup to overturn the election.
There's a lot more to it than just those texts, if you look into some of the activities she and cohorts were orchestrating to propagate Stop the Steal.

She did not encourage a coup. She did nothing illegal.
Does it have to be illegal in order to be a conflict? I didn't think so.

She was saying that the Trump campaign should demand recounts of the votes.
Which was his right.

That's not what this message says:

“Do not concede. It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.”

Nor this crazy ass message:

“Biden crime family & ballot fraud co-conspirators (elected officials, bureaucrats, social media censorship mongers, fake stream media reporters, etc) are being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.”

No.
But having a spouse with a political opinion that may, in some fashion, come before SCOTUS, isnt a conflict either.

That's not what this message says:

“Do not concede. It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.”

Nor this crazy ass message:

“Biden crime family & ballot fraud co-conspirators (elected officials, bureaucrats, social media censorship mongers, fake stream media reporters, etc) are being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.”

Ok- And...?

That's not asking for a recount. The first text can easily be construed as advocating violence. So you were wrong.

It can be more properly construed as "don't concede."
The same advice that Mr. Gore received in 2000.

That's your lenient interpretation. Thomas wanted Congress to block Biden's victory certification on Jan 6. She sent this text to Meadows on Jan 10. --

"Most of us are disgusted with the VP and are in listening mode to see where to fight with our teams."

In other words, she was mad that Mike Pence did not commit a COUP and steal the election from Biden.

That has nothing to do with your "recount" bullshit.

There is no justification for a recusal. The law that governs the basis for a judge to do so with respect to spouses, deals with financial or legal stakes at question.
Neither of which exist here.

Moreover, the political calls for him to recuse only work one way; Justice Kagan served in Obama Admin and drafted the plans to defend Obamacare, did not recuse herself. Justice Breyer served in drafting up the Sentencing Commission, did not recuse himself when the legality of that law reached SCOTUS years later; Justice Ginsberg husband was a lawyer worked at a firm which litigated before SCOTUS and she did not recuse herself in those instances.

If you can not see the difference between working in politics and trying to overturn an election, then there is no use arguing with you.

That's your lenient interpretation. Thomas wanted Congress to block Biden's victory certification on Jan 6. She sent this text to Meadows on Jan 10. --

"Most of us are disgusted with the VP and are in listening mode to see where to fight with our teams."

In other words, she was mad that Mike Pence did not commit a COUP and steal the election from Biden.

That has nothing to do with your "recount" bullshit.

That is my accurate interpretation.

And so what that she was angry at Pence? Who cares?
What does that have to her with her husband?

That is my accurate interpretation.

And so what that she was angry at Pence? Who cares?
What does that have to her with her husband?

Her husband is trying to protect her traitor ass, that's what.

As she admitted...she was upset that Pence did not commit a coup for Trump. Like the traitor she is.

If you can not see the difference between working in politics and trying to overturn an election, then there is no use arguing with you.

Oh I see-- not only can one not believe that "Trump wuz robbed' it also supposedly compromises the spouse.

You guys aren't willing to apply equal standards.

It went well beyond don't concede, as she told them that an army was soon coming to change the outcome and so it did on January 6th. You are trying and make it seem just normal politics, but nothing that happened before and on January 6th was normal politics. It was insurrection. If you do not believe me, look up the definition.

Her husband is trying to protect her traitor ass, that's what.

As she admitted...she was upset that Pence did not commit a coup for Trump. Like the traitor she is.

Protect her from what? That she thinks Trump wuz robbed? Who cares. She is allowed to think that if she wishes.

Oh I see-- not only can one not believe that "Trump wuz robbed' it also supposedly compromises the spouse.

Trump was not robbed, he lost by over 7 million votes, the most ever. We like to call people who believe poor losers and they are poor losers. Are you a poor loser?

It went well beyond don't concede, as she told them that an army was soon coming to change the outcome and so it did on January 6th. You are trying and make it seem just normal politics, but nothing that happened before and on January 6th was normal politics. It was insurrection. If you do not believe me, look up the definition.

Its not clear why one would think that Mr. Gore would NOT have expected support for his fight.

Protect her from what? That she thinks Trump wuz robbed? Who cares. She is allowed to think that if she wishes.
She can think what she wants, but she can not take actions that go beyond thinking. It is called insurrection when she does.

She says that she is mad at Pence because he did not commit a ****ing COUP on Jan 6....and you think you actually have a pitiful little point??

LOL...enough of you. You want to excuse traitors, so there is only one logical conclusion to draw about you as well...

Trump was not robbed, he lost by over 7 million votes, the most ever. We like to call people who believe poor losers and they are poor losers. Are you a poor loser?

What does any of this have to do with Thomas recusing himself?
Legally and ethically-- there is no reason.
Ginni Thomas is allowed to be wrong and that has no bearing on what her husband has to do.

No, but there just has to be a really good reason. If she's not a party to a case, I don't see why he'd recuse himself.

Its not clear why one would think that Mr. Gore would NOT have expected support for his fight.
He used the courts to question the right to have the votes counted. He did not ry and overturn an election by going to the congress and using force to try and get them to change the votes. Gore did what was legal and accepted the outcome of the courts decision. Trump and people like Mrs; Thomas tried to overthrow the government by force. Again, if you can not understand the difference?

She says that she is mad at Pence because he did not commit a ****ing COUP on Jan 6....and you think you actually have a pitiful little point??

LOL...enough of you. You want to excuse traitors, so there is only one logical conclusion to draw about you as well...

What does any of this have to do with Clarence Thomas?

Back
Top Bottom