• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell, in Private, Doubts if Trump Can Save Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
One poll only 2 weeks before the 2006 election, polls are way off as a rule.
No need for you to 'erect a cathedral' around any polls- snapshots in time

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl* 10/8 - 10/9 447 LV 4.6 46 35 9 Clinton +11
Associated Press-GfK* 10/20 - 10/24 1212 LV -- 51 37 6 Clinton +14

And as for Trump being gone by this time next year, have a look at a top sports book odds I play at for the 2020 election:

75201 DONALD TRUMP +250
75202 MIKE PENCE +800
75203 ELIZABETH WARREN +1000
75204 MICHELLE OBAMA +2000
75205 CORY BOOKER +2500
75206 JOE BIDEN +2200
75207 BERNIE SANDERS +2000
75208 HILLARY CLINTON +5000
75209 PAUL RYAN +3750
75210 MARK ZUCKERBERG +2500
75211 ANDREW CUOMO +6000
75212 TIM KAINE +5000
75213 AMY KLOBOCHAR +6500
75214 KAMALA HARRIS +2000
75215 SHERROD BROWN +4000

Trump's the big favorite

Since you fail to understand the difference between an election poll and an opinion poll, there is no foundation discussion. Every point you are trying to make is because you fail to get the distinction, which leads to a failure in your argument.

But, the final composite Real Clear Politics poll had Clinton by 2.1%, which was her margin of victory in the general election....spot on.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
I

LOL, that's the way it is. Each individual is different and view the world through a different set of eyes. Perhaps we should have stuck with the devil we knew, Hillary against the new comer, the unknown, the devil we didn't? I don't know, to me they were equally bad choices. What I can't understand, then again I guess it was pre-ordained. 56% of all Americans, that is all Americans and not just Democrats wanted the Democratic Party to nominate someone else other than Clinton. That was taken in February of 2016, Rasmussen I believe. Of course all Americans do not decide the Democratic nominee, Democrats do.

So why would the Democrats nominate someone as disliked by America as a whole as Trump? There prerogative for sure, but why? There was an article that in a meeting between Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton prior to the 2012 election that those three decided Hillary would be the Democrats 2016 nominee, my pre-ordained comment. Seems very likely as when the year turned to 2013, Hillary already had the pledge of 13 super delegates, she had over 300 at the beginning of 2013 long before Sanders decided to run as a Democrat. Sanders ended up with just 48 of the super delegates out of 712. It does seem to me that the DNC and the Democratic state party leaders did rig the primaries in Hillary's favor.

Obama made 'secret deal to support Hillary Clinton's 2016 run in exchange for Bill's support during re-election campaign' | Daily Mail Online

Knowing the above or at least suspecting, perhaps that is why a Jim Webb never campaigned and Warren was talked out of running.

I expect that in 2008 the Democratic party had wanted Clinton to get the nomination. But Obama gained to much support to be ignored. In order to calm the Clinton's down they were promised to be the next nominee. In 2012 if Obama lost or as we saw in 2016. The Democratic party sure made it hard and difficult for anyone else to get the nomination in 2016.

Now with the ghosts of Clinton's past hopefully gone, the democratic party can move on and at least nominate someone who is fairly centrist and balanced for 2020

I think Clinton was pre-ordained by the party and that is why the Southern primaries with their disproportionate number of African American voters were front loaded to give her the big start out of the gate. And those super delegates you wisely mentioned were the icing on the cake for her.

I was a delegate in 1972 for McGovern and there were NO super delegates then. Everybody had to get elected at the congressional district meeting - and that included public office holders and party officials.

1972, I was stationed in Vietnam. Long Binh, we were getting ready to turn Long Binh over to the ARVN and then I was moving on to MACV on Ton Son Nhut. I voted absentee for Nixon, he seemed to be Vietnam's last and only hope. 1972 was an in-between year with 28 primaries and the rest of the states deciding their own delegates. 1968 with only 15 primaries was really the last year of the old system which in 1976 moved into the new modern day system of all primaries and caucuses.

I don't think most people knew that George McGovern was a WWII hero bomber pilot. Today most folks just remember him as being 100% anti-Vietnam War and from my perspective then of turning most if not all of Southeast Asia to the communist with his immediate withdrawal platform. Nixon basically did the same thing with his Paris Peace Pact. Oh well. Long ago memories.

How would you feel about getting rid of Trump for Pence?

So, you are name calling when you call him a "4th grade schoolyard bully." Is that the way the "Reform Party" behaves? I guess you have decided not to list any further accomplishments of our president and his administration.
Any accomplishments he makes are and will be overshadowed by his behavior. He proves that time and time again.

Any accomplishments he makes are and will be overshadowed by his behavior. He proves that time and time again.

Be sure to share your opinions with Veteran's families and with the children of the newly employed.

When is it going to dawn on all you snowflakes out there that nobody gives a tiny little turd what you "LIKE" and don't like. Life is not a Twitter account.

Since you fail to understand the difference between an election poll and an opinion poll, there is no foundation discussion. Every point you are trying to make is because you fail to get the distinction, which leads to a failure in your argument.

But, the final composite Real Clear Politics poll had Clinton by 2.1%, which was her margin of victory in the general election....spot on.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
I

We are on different orbits, your a real laugher, so Trump's out in a year & yet those who earn money by creating odds have hin
the prohibitive favorite in 2020. Get a new crystal ball & stop worrying about the distinction between various polls, good grief!
There was no mention at all in my post about opinion polls, & all you could come up with was the same nonsense of your #82
curious analysis. duh!!!!!

Last edited:
Be sure to share your opinions with Veteran's families and with the children of the newly employed.

When is it going to dawn on all you snowflakes out there that nobody gives a tiny little turd what you "LIKE" and don't like. Life is not a Twitter account.

I think you need to tell that to Trump. His presidency revolves around Twitter.

I think you need to tell that to Trump. His presidency revolves around Twitter.

Right! I'll do that...just as soon as you share you useless opinions with Veteran's families and the children of the newly employed.

I expect that in 2008 the Democratic party had wanted Clinton to get the nomination. But Obama gained to much support to be ignored. In order to calm the Clinton's down they were promised to be the next nominee. In 2012 if Obama lost or as we saw in 2016. The Democratic party sure made it hard and difficult for anyone else to get the nomination in 2016.

Now with the ghosts of Clinton's past hopefully gone, the democratic party can move on and at least nominate someone who is fairly centrist and balanced for 2020

I agree. If they had done that last year, there wouldn't have been a President Trump in my book. I think the Democrats should be looking for a fresh face, someone from flyover country. Not the northeast of west coast. Much like Obama, Illinois, Bill Clinton, Arkansas or even Jimmy Carter, Georgia. All three were young and fresh faces to the political scene and all three won. At least once for Jimmy.

Those that lost, Hillary from New York, Kerry and Dukakis from Massachusetts. My first choice last year was Jim Webb, but he never campaigned. Then I moved across the aisle to John Kasich and eventually voted third party in November. If Trump keeps going as he has, the Democrats probably could nominate Genghis Khan and still win. With both major parties shrinking, one needs to attract the independent voter. According to Gallup which now makes up 45% of the electorate. Trump has lost them, he started out with a 48% approval rating from independents last January with 25% undecided or unsure. Today among independents, Trump is down to just 34% approval with 18% undecided. That 21 point drop in approval and undecided has moved into the disapproval column.

We are on different orbits, your a real laugher, so Trump's out in a year & yet those who earn money by creating odds have hin
the prohibitive favorite in 2020. Get a new crystal ball & stop worrying about the distinction between various polls, good grief!
There was no mention at all in my post about opinion polls, & all you could come up with was the same nonsense of your #82
curious analysis. duh!!!!!

As of 9:01 P.M election night, I'm seeing sports book odds of -900 for Clinton and +550 for trump. Oops.

I'll take $10,000 on Klobuchar at +3300 in 2020 ...

Right! I'll do that...just as soon as you share you useless opinions with Veteran's families and the children of the newly employed.

Not all Veteran's families and what newly employed are you speaking about? You may think my opinions are useless so show me why his popularity is very low,

The Veterans and their families that I speak with at our American Legion and VFW no longer share your view or support trump. They're now on the sidelines, waiting for action on VA issues ...

Not all Veteran's families and what newly employed are you speaking about? You may think my opinions are useless so show me why his popularity is very low,

863,000 new jobs in Trump's first five months.

Go to the new VA website and try to learn about "no waiting."

Oh, and about "popularity," I hope you aren't in High School anymore.

863,000 new jobs in Trump's first five months.

Go to the new VA website and try to learn about "no waiting."

Oh, and about "popularity," I hope you aren't in High School anymore.

Trump is not responsible for the jobs. Time will tell how the VA improves. You need to look at the facts on his popularity. Only his base is supporting him now. And if he wants to accomplish his promises to the American people he better quit alienating republicans especially McConnell. He will need them to get things done. So his behavior needs to improve like I stated.

The Veterans and their families that I speak with at our American Legion and VFW no longer share your view or support trump. They're now on the sidelines, waiting for action on VA issues ...

Then, as a veteran, you know about the new VA policies. I'm sure you have visited the new web site.

I'm in Florida. We rank third or fourth in the number of resident veterans in a state-to-state tally. I have never talked with a veteran here who does not support President Trump. Of course, Illinois has its own political biases, so I am not surprised by your anecdotal experiences.

Last edited:
Trump is not responsible for the jobs. Time will tell how the VA improves. You need to look at the facts on his popularity. Only his base is supporting him now. And if he wants to accomplish his promises to the American people he better quit alienating republicans especially McConnell. He will need them to get things done. So his behavior needs to improve like I stated.

Thanks for the lecture, Reverend Mother. I'm sure he is glued to your every word. Say, if he doesn't do it, will you spank him?

I doubt that McConnell can salvage his tenure as leader of the Senate, a linchpin of America which is in free fall.

Thanks for the lecture, Reverend Mother. I'm sure he is glued to your every word. Say, if he doesn't do it, will you spank him?

Just attack me and not answer the questions. Waste of time to have an intelligent conversation with you. Bye bye.

As of 9:01 P.M election night, I'm seeing sports book odds of -900 for Clinton and +550 for trump. Oops.

I'll take $10,000 on Klobuchar at +3300 in 2020 ...

I remember those odds incredible. Here is a tip for 2020, I put $90 down early on at betonline.eu on Kamala Harris to win $3600 at 40 to 1.
Now the odd for her are 12 to 1 at 5dimes but 20 to 1 at other books. She is now #2 behind Pocahontas to be the Democratic nominee

1972, I was stationed in Vietnam. Long Binh, we were getting ready to turn Long Binh over to the ARVN and then I was moving on to MACV on Ton Son Nhut. I voted absentee for Nixon, he seemed to be Vietnam's last and only hope. 1972 was an in-between year with 28 primaries and the rest of the states deciding their own delegates. 1968 with only 15 primaries was really the last year of the old system which in 1976 moved into the new modern day system of all primaries and caucuses.

I don't think most people knew that George McGovern was a WWII hero bomber pilot. Today most folks just remember him as being 100% anti-Vietnam War and from my perspective then of turning most if not all of Southeast Asia to the communist with his immediate withdrawal platform. Nixon basically did the same thing with his Paris Peace Pact. Oh well. Long ago memories.

How would you feel about getting rid of Trump for Pence?

Both were elected on the same ticket and both are illegitimate based on the reasons already provided.

I remember those odds incredible. Here is a tip for 2020, I put $90 down early on at betonline.eu on Kamala Harris to win $3600 at 40 to 1.
Now the odd for her are 12 to 1 at 5dimes but 20 to 1 at other books. She is now #2 behind Pocahontas to be the Democratic nominee

Harris isn't ready for prime-time IMO, even in 2024, if not ever. For DEMs, she needs to build her Senate chops and work her way up the food chain.

Political odds have really expanded since trump came in. I don't see Warren ever running for POTUS. I do see a Klobuchar/S. Brown ticket in 2020.

No longer a dark horse IMO for 2020 is Gov. Baker of MA. A Baker/Sandoval ticket would be awfully tough for DEMs to beat ...

Then, as a veteran, you know about the new VA policies. I'm sure you have visited the new web site.

I'm in Florida. We rank third or fourth in the number of resident veterans in a state-to-state tally. I have never talked with a veteran here who does not support President Trump. Of course, Illinois has its own political biases, so I am not surprised by your anecdotal experiences.

As you question Illinois' political biases, you miss the fact that 70 of our 102 counties voted for trump as well as his winning our GOP primary. That won't happen again.

There's nothing anecdotal about my real life experiences as an officer of our Sons of the American Legion. I'll be giving a report in 3 weeks on the 'Pill Crisis', and not just on opioids; psychotropic and glandular pills, all of the side effects, as well as the dangerous interactions with alcohol.

If you play nice in your next response, I'll tell you of my recent trip to furthest southern Illinois on the Ohio R. where I saw the eclipse in totality. Talk about dirt poor Appalachian style. (trump country)

I've got a good idea for that area, a bridge across the Ohio R. connecting Kentucky--91 to Illinois--1. Too bad infrastructure planning for the next 50 years is taking such a back seat ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom