• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell, in Private, Doubts if Trump Can Save Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of what you say is relevant. I feel that the number on difference would be that with Clinton - at least the White House would be in the hands of a sane, capable and experienced person who respects government and their role in it.

And right now I would settle for that.

LOL. That may be true. But with the polarization of this nation, the hyper partisanship, especially those in Washington, how much of a difference would that make? You would feel better, but for everyone who would feel better with Hillary as president, you have on who feels better with Trump in that position. Until both parties realize that the other party isn't the number one enemy of the United States, it's not going to matter much who wins the presidency. When both parties view the other as the biggest threat to our national security, future of this nation, more than North Korea, Iran, Russia, the Debt, ISIS, AQ, you name it, our future is dim indeed.

What happened? What caused this? More important what can be done to fix it? Changing presidents isn't about too.

LOL. That may be true. But with the polarization of this nation, the hyper partisanship, especially those in Washington, how much of a difference would that make? You would feel better, but for everyone who would feel better with Hillary as president, you have on who feels better with Trump in that position. Until both parties realize that the other party isn't the number one enemy of the United States, it's not going to matter much who wins the presidency. When both parties view the other as the biggest threat to our national security, future of this nation, more than North Korea, Iran, Russia, the Debt, ISIS, AQ, you name it, our future is dim indeed.

What happened? What caused this? More important what can be done to fix it? Changing presidents isn't about too.

Woody Allen once said 90% of life is just showing up. Lets take that an apply it to the White House - 90% of being President is just being sane.

And we don't have that today.

Gerrymandering helped cause this creating far too many "safe" districts which are non competitive. We must get rid of that. We need balanced House districts which are truly competitive and the middle controls the winner not the extremes on the outer margins.

That is what we need ASAP.

And how is he doing that, stock market almost 23000, record employment, record labor force, pre recession U-6, lower debt? Post the data that proves your claim?

What has been implemented since Trump took office that would have affected these results?

What has been implemented since Trump took office that would have affected these results?

The reversal of Anti business EO's that Obama signed as well as a pro business attitude and direction promoted by Trump. Businesses know that tax cuts are coming and that they will not be penalized for success like Obama promoted. Class warfare isn't being promoted by Trump like it was with Obama, ACA taxes and EPA regulations addressed and businesses are reacting just like they reacted to the Trump meeting with Business and Labor leaders.

What? I dont believe Trump will get that chance. Mueller will slap Trump with obstruction, that much is a given as he admitted it to Lester Holt. So no, Donny will not be replacing 4 more SC justices.
Its not a given. If they had anything on Trump it would of been leaked by now. Your prediction sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quarterly GDP means absolutely nothing as our GDP, debt and other financial results are yearly and that is what matters including debt service. I gave you the location of all the data you need to educate your self, teach yourself so you don't continue to show how you have been duped by the media.

2017 isn't over but off to a much better start than anything Obama had, check out U-6 rate, Discouraged workers, part time for economic reasons, then go to Treasury and find out what the debt is today?

I came to this forum for some friendly discussion, some good debate, some good hearty argument and a good fight now and then...to learn...to share knowledge etcetera

I'm not an economist so when I see someone such as yourself taking the position you have on the economy I figured I might get a chance for understanding.

What I've received so far are your preconceived notions of me because I dared to inquire, links to home pages that lead me in all directions and your unsubstantiated claims that I view as your opinions until you present something on this Debate Politics forum.

If you want the opportunity to convince me then let's get down to reality and present something.

If you can't be bothered, fine, I'll move along.

Cheers

Interpret? It was live. He looked at the sun. Not for long, mind, but it's not a matter of interpretation.

Both he and Melania glanced to see what it would look like without their protective glasses but there is no proof either looked directly at the sun. But it sure as heck made a lot of headlines as if that was a fact didn't it.

He turned his head up in the same direction as others with glasses on when he wasn't wearing any about three or four different times that both me and my sister each saw with our own two eyes and I shall choose to believe my own eyes instead of alternative facts to make my interpretation.

I glanced several times in the direction of the sun during the eclipse too. But I didn't look directly at the sun. And I'm pretty darn sure neither the President or the First Lady did either when they took their protective glasses off. But without knowing one way or the other, that didn't stop an irresponsible and dishonest media and the haters who believe everything they report from saying unequivocably that it happened.

Give it up, is there some genetic defect with trump supporters that they can't admit when he does something stupid?

Is there some genetic defect with Trump haters that they will believe everything a hateful media says whether or not it is true?

I glanced several times in the direction of the sun during the eclipse too. But I didn't look directly at the sun. And I'm pretty darn sure neither the President or the First Lady did either when they took their protective glasses off. But without knowing one way or the other, that didn't stop an irresponsible and dishonest media and the haters who believe everything they report from saying unequivocably that it happened.

Versus Trumpbots who refuse to believe ANYTHING negative about Trump. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black there. No, there was no misinterpretation, but the its good to know some Trumpbots have shown their leashes owned by their messiah Trump. Trumpbots have proven to be suck-up worthless idiots. Oh wait, that would be insulting idiots.

Versus Trumpbots who refuse to believe ANYTHING negative about Trump. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black there. No, there was no misinterpretation, but the its good to know some Trumpbots have shown their leashes owned by their messiah Trump. Trumpbots have proven to be suck-up worthless idiots. Oh wait, that would be insulting idiots.

Doesn't it embarrass you at all to post something like that? Can't you see that you just affirmed what I said?

I came to this forum for some friendly discussion, some good debate, some good hearty argument and a good fight now and then...to learn...to share knowledge etcetera

I'm not an economist so when I see someone such as yourself taking the position you have on the economy I figured I might get a chance for understanding.

What I've received so far are your preconceived notions of me because I dared to inquire, links to home pages that lead me in all directions and your unsubstantiated claims that I view as your opinions until you present something on this Debate Politics forum.

If you want the opportunity to convince me then let's get down to reality and present something.

If you can't be bothered, fine, I'll move along.

Cheers

Sorry for your perception but it is yours. I posted links to the data and explained that it is yearly numbers that mattered. I pointed out that Obama left us with a 1.5% GDP growth which you would find on the bea.gov link I gave you, a 9.4% U-6 rate in the bls.gov link I gave you and a 19.9 trillion dollar debt on the Treasury link I gave you.

I also pointed out that on those links you can compare the results Obama left us with against what Trump has generated in his 7 months in office and pointed to the EO's and business attitude today as an indication of why those numbers are better.

As suggested you can explore those sites and learn to fish vs. being given a fish to eat for one day. Those sites are the official data and we pay debt service funded by the taxpayers from information on those sites.

Sorry you don't like the information but it is what it is and results matter

Negative about Trump are opinions and media reports based upon rhetoric totally ignoring the facts and it is the facts that matter, BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury show economic results and actions around the world show foreign policy results. You buy what the media tells you because that is what you want to believe. I couldn't care less what he says but do care about the actual results generated

Doesn't it embarrass you at all to post something like that? Can't you see that you just affirmed what I said?

The only one that should be embarrassed is a Trump supporter.

Negative about Trump are opinions and media reports based upon rhetoric totally ignoring the facts and it is the facts that matter, BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury show economic results and actions around the world show foreign policy results. You buy what the media tells you because that is what you want to believe. I couldn't care less what he says but do care about the actual results generated

Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked. I would go even further it probably gets some Trumpbots off knowing that. If you were the father of a daughter, you should be embarrassed supporting Trump.

The reversal of Anti business EO's that Obama signed

What EO's and how have those reversals gone into effect, though?

as well as a pro business attitude and direction promoted by Trump. Businesses know that tax cuts are coming

This isn't accurate, though. There's actually a lot of uncertainty around tax reform so businesses aren't factoring it in yet

ACA taxes and EPA regulations addressed

Which taxes and regulations and how have they already been implemented?

and businesses are reacting just like they reacted to the Trump meeting with Business and Labor leaders.

I don't understand how you could possibly think that Trump is pro-business when both of his CEO councils just fell apart...

Last edited:
Woody Allen once said 90% of life is just showing up. Lets take that an apply it to the White House - 90% of being President is just being sane.

And we don't have that today.

Gerrymandering helped cause this creating far too many "safe" districts which are non competitive. We must get rid of that. We need balanced House districts which are truly competitive and the middle controls the winner not the extremes on the outer margins.

That is what we need ASAP.

I totally agree on the need to end gerrymandering. Gerrymandering is nothing more than jury rigging an election. It is a form where these congress critters choose their voters instead of the voters choosing their congressmen.

Now I agree that Trump isn't the ideal president. But I am one of those third party voters last year who thought both major party candidates were insane choices. Neither Trump or Clinton were sane. At least sane enough to be installed in the Oval Office. You have to remember, as bad as Trump is today, back in November the voters view Hillary just as bad as Trump. Many, holding their nose and voting for the lesser of two evils or the least horrible candidate. Then there were the 6% of us who refused to choose between evil one and evil two.

would I change my vote from November today. No, I wouldn't. I voted against Trump, he won. I also voted against Clinton, she lost. So in a way I was one for two. I don't care for Trump and if the choice was replacing him with Clinton, I'd just as soon stick with the evil we have. How many other third party voters feel that way is unknown.

Choice and decisions has consequences and the choices and decisions made last year by the two major parties certainly has had dire consequences.

I totally agree on the need to end gerrymandering. Gerrymandering is nothing more than jury rigging an election. It is a form where these congress critters choose their voters instead of the voters choosing their congressmen.

Now I agree that Trump isn't the ideal president. But I am one of those third party voters last year who thought both major party candidates were insane choices. Neither Trump or Clinton were sane. At least sane enough to be installed in the Oval Office. You have to remember, as bad as Trump is today, back in November the voters view Hillary just as bad as Trump. Many, holding their nose and voting for the lesser of two evils or the least horrible candidate. Then there were the 6% of us who refused to choose between evil one and evil two.

would I change my vote from November today. No, I wouldn't. I voted against Trump, he won. I also voted against Clinton, she lost. So in a way I was one for two. I don't care for Trump and if the choice was replacing him with Clinton, I'd just as soon stick with the evil we have. How many other third party voters feel that way is unknown.

Choice and decisions has consequences and the choices and decisions made last year by the two major parties certainly has had dire consequences.

I respect your opinion and your right to it but I disagree 100% about Clinton not being sane.

There is and was no comparison. Clinton might be a stinking one foot while pile of manure while Trump always was a verifiable mountain of the stuff.

Trumps removal of Obama's EOs and regulations is only moving us back to Bush years, and we all know how that worked out for us. The top five percent got even wealthier while the rest of us payed for it. It's no big surprise that wall street I celebrating...

I respect your opinion and your right to it but I disagree 100% about Clinton not being sane.

There is and was no comparison. Clinton might be a stinking one foot while pile of manure while Trump always was a verifiable mountain of the stuff.

LOL, that's the way it is. Each individual is different and view the world through a different set of eyes. Perhaps we should have stuck with the devil we knew, Hillary against the new comer, the unknown, the devil we didn't? I don't know, to me they were equally bad choices. What I can't understand, then again I guess it was pre-ordained. 56% of all Americans, that is all Americans and not just Democrats wanted the Democratic Party to nominate someone else other than Clinton. That was taken in February of 2016, Rasmussen I believe. Of course all Americans do not decide the Democratic nominee, Democrats do.

So why would the Democrats nominate someone as disliked by America as a whole as Trump? There prerogative for sure, but why? There was an article that in a meeting between Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton prior to the 2012 election that those three decided Hillary would be the Democrats 2016 nominee, my pre-ordained comment. Seems very likely as when the year turned to 2013, Hillary already had the pledge of 13 super delegates, she had over 300 at the beginning of 2013 long before Sanders decided to run as a Democrat. Sanders ended up with just 48 of the super delegates out of 712. It does seem to me that the DNC and the Democratic state party leaders did rig the primaries in Hillary's favor.

Obama made 'secret deal to support Hillary Clinton's 2016 run in exchange for Bill's support during re-election campaign' | Daily Mail Online

Knowing the above or at least suspecting, perhaps that is why a Jim Webb never campaigned and Warren was talked out of running.

LOL, that's the way it is. Each individual is different and view the world through a different set of eyes. Perhaps we should have stuck with the devil we knew, Hillary against the new comer, the unknown, the devil we didn't? I don't know, to me they were equally bad choices. What I can't understand, then again I guess it was pre-ordained. 56% of all Americans, that is all Americans and not just Democrats wanted the Democratic Party to nominate someone else other than Clinton. That was taken in February of 2016, Rasmussen I believe. Of course all Americans do not decide the Democratic nominee, Democrats do.

So why would the Democrats nominate someone as disliked by America as a whole as Trump? There prerogative for sure, but why? There was an article that in a meeting between Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton prior to the 2012 election that those three decided Hillary would be the Democrats 2016 nominee, my pre-ordained comment. Seems very likely as when the year turned to 2013, Hillary already had the pledge of 13 super delegates, she had over 300 at the beginning of 2013 long before Sanders decided to run as a Democrat. Sanders ended up with just 48 of the super delegates out of 712. It does seem to me that the DNC and the Democratic state party leaders did rig the primaries in Hillary's favor.

Obama made 'secret deal to support Hillary Clinton's 2016 run in exchange for Bill's support during re-election campaign' | Daily Mail Online

Knowing the above or at least suspecting, perhaps that is why a Jim Webb never campaigned and Warren was talked out of running.

I think Clinton was pre-ordained by the party and that is why the Southern primaries with their disproportionate number of African American voters were front loaded to give her the big start out of the gate. And those super delegates you wisely mentioned were the icing on the cake for her.

I was a delegate in 1972 for McGovern and there were NO super delegates then. Everybody had to get elected at the congressional district meeting - and that included public office holders and party officials.

If it was in private McConnell has doubts, why do we now all know about them?

If it was in private McConnell has doubts, why do we now all know about them?

Because he has talked to people. Old saying, a secret is only a secret until you tell someone.

I think Clinton was pre-ordained by the party and that is why the Southern primaries with their disproportionate number of African American voters were front loaded to give her the big start out of the gate. And those super delegates you wisely mentioned were the icing on the cake for her.

I was a delegate in 1972 for McGovern and there were NO super delegates then. Everybody had to get elected at the congressional district meeting - and that included public office holders and party officials.

McGovern is exactly why the Dems started the system of super delegates.

McConnell, just like everyone else in Washington that has worked with Trump, knows that Trump is completely unfit for the presidency - that no other president in our nation's history has been more mentally unfit for the job, and that is before you get to Trump's shear incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom