• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell, in Private, Doubts if Trump Can Save Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes there is no proof that the information gathered was used as a political weapon. That is true. I dont think anyone can fairly say that it was or was not at this point but I am hopefull that this is one of the things the mueller investigation will put to rest.

Trump was correct in saying they were tapping his campaghin.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Not according to that wiki or politifact.

Tell me exactly what Donald Trump has done that has personally hurt you your family or anyone else in this country?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He's taking the country down the sh**ter for one thing. And we are the laughing stock of the world.

That article is about a wire tap on Carter Page not Trump.
right, his communications director, which means they were most likely listening in on communications between him and trump, which also means they were probably recording campaign strategy conversations

They did no such thing. Now you're lying like Trump.

Provide a linke or shut up.
Who do you think you are to tell anyone to shut up. Winston and I are having a civil discussion if you don't like it, stay out of it.

right, his communications director, which means they were most likely listening in on communications between him and trump, which also means they were probably recording campaign strategy conversations

Page was not his communications guy. He was foreign policy.

He also might have ordered pizza as well. Does that mean they ordered a wire tap on Papa John's?

Not according to that wiki or politifact.
Well they are entitled to their opinion. I disagree that he lied as I've explained. He was under survalience that's truth. I do agree that it hasn't been proven that it was used politically. There's a big red flag that imo it could of been but without proof I will stop short of that accusation

Page was not his communications guy. He was foreign policy.
My mistake I thought he was communications. Thank you for the correction. Either way though my point is essentially the same

He also might have ordered pizza as well. Does that mean they ordered a wire tap on Papa John's?
Actually yes it does mean his communication with Papa Johns was likely recorded too

My mistake I thought he was communications. Thank you for the correction. Either way though my point is essentially the same

No, it's not the same.

Actually yes it does mean his communication with Papa Johns was likely recorded too

Having their conversation recorded is not the same thing as ordering a wire tap on them. If the FBI goes to the FISA court for a tap on person A they have to tell the judge who they think he's talking with and why they are important to the warrant. Now there is no way they can just listen to Page and the certain number of people they listed on their warrant. They have to listen to everyone to get the conversations of their targets. If someone else called Page or Page called them they clearly will be caught up in the tap but aren't the focus of the tap.

Having their conversation recorded is not the same thing as ordering a wire tap on them. If the FBI goes to the FISA court for a tap on person A they have to tell the judge who they think he's talking with and why they are important to the warrant. Now there is no way they can just listen to Page and the certain number of people they listed on their warrant. They have to listen to everyone to get the conversations of their targets. If someone else called Page or Page called them they clearly will be caught up in the tap but aren't the focus of the tap.
Yes I don't dispute any of that.

I suggest that you learn the true role of the Federal Government as well as a true role of personal responsibility and realize that today's Democratic party doesn't understand either, apparently neither do you. Donald Trump has done absolutely nothing to hurt you your family or this country. You don't like his personality neither do I but that doesn't matter results do

Typical... you can't refute the argument so you change the argument. We are not discussing the role of the federal government nor personal responsibility nor are we discussing what Trump* has specifically done to hurt me or my family (also another discussion), we are discussing the fact that most of America disapproves of Trump* and Trump* is so inept at leadership he does things every day to dig his own grave (more of America disapproves)...and this is before the revelations of the Mueller investigation, which is also not on topic, except that its likely to drive Trump*s disapproval numbers even higher.

So, you can agree or disagree with that premise or not do the wise thing and simply not respond. I would appreciate it if you chose to respond that you address the topic, if you can.

Last edited:
Ok, for the benefit of doubt,

https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2015

https://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=9&step=1#reqid=9&step=1&isuri=1

You are going to find that coming off what the left called the worst recession since the Great Depression, Obama's results were the worst ever from a major recession never having one year of 3% Growth. He set records for discouraged workers, part time for economic reason employment, and had more debt than Reagan, GHW and GW Bush combined. Those are results that matter

I appreciate the effort but seriously, is that the best you can do?

You provide links to home pages but not direct to data to make your case. It's a start, for instance, I found this:

gdp chart.jpg

At the following link:

https://bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

Please explain why 2017 is so much more impressive than previous years...please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the taller bars better than the shorter ones?

Seems to me that Obama had better and worse quarters we can cherry pick from.

Your arguing semantics.

No I'm not. I'm showing you where your claim that Trump didn't lie about the wire tap was wrong.

How about something specific for a reason why you hate Trump for his personality doesn't matter as much as the results generated which you're ignoring.

You and far too many put way too much emphasis on perception while ignoring reality. Trump took an economy that was generating growth at 1.5%, a U6 rate of 9.4% and a 19.9 trillion-dollar debt. We have in a world on fire with terrorist attacks, Washington politicians running our military, no respect by our allies and what do you want more of the same.

The economy improved due to nothing of the current President and very little of his predecessor. The President's policies would dramatically explode the debt while doing very little positive for the country in any sector. I am thankful every day that insiders are still at the helm of the military and have some semblance of control over this neophyte's erratic temperament and hostile notions toward America's foreign policy. At this point, I don't want more of the same--I want a return to stability created by previous Republican and Democratic administrations. I don't want any part of your revolution. I want statesmen. I want my America back.

Here's another chart, looks like we are on about the same track Obama started...please explain how you are impressed by that...

Chart isn't coming up but here is the link to an unemployment chart...

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cps_charts.pdf

I'm referring to the chart on page 6 of the pdf.

There's a bunch of others that seem to tell a similar story around different parameters.

The economy improved due to nothing of the current President and very little of his predecessor. The President's policies would dramatically explode the debt while doing very little positive for the country in any sector. I am thankful every day that insiders are still at the helm of the military and have some semblance of control over this neophyte's erratic temperament and hostile notions toward America's foreign policy. At this point, I don't want more of the same--I want a return to stability created by previous Republican and Democratic administrations. I don't want any part of your revolution. I want statesmen. I want my America back.

After all the years the R's have been claiming that Regulations are the problem even as they worked to increase regulations Trump tends to get believed that he gets credit for the growth because he cut regulations, which he most certainly has, no one can deny that. He hit that theme big tonight.

Yawn... do you seriously not understand the difference between an election poll and opinion poll? That said, even though election polls are much more complicated than opinion polls, the 2016 general election polls had Hillary up by 2-3 points, which was the margin by which she won the popular vote? Spot on!

Maybe you should study up on that and then return humbly to the debate once you know what you are talking about. Sorry, you may not like science, but most of us respect it.

It's all moot, as Trump*s malfeasance, incompetence, negligence and general lack of intelligence is leading to his rather quick demise as an American POTUS. He will be gone by this time next year.

One poll only 2 weeks before the 2006 election, polls are way off as a rule.
No need for you to 'erect a cathedral' around any polls- snapshots in time

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl* 10/8 - 10/9 447 LV 4.6 46 35 9 Clinton +11
Associated Press-GfK* 10/20 - 10/24 1212 LV -- 51 37 6 Clinton +14

And as for Trump being gone by this time next year, have a look at a top sports book odds I play at for the 2020 election:

75201 DONALD TRUMP +250
75202 MIKE PENCE +800
75203 ELIZABETH WARREN +1000
75204 MICHELLE OBAMA +2000
75205 CORY BOOKER +2500
75206 JOE BIDEN +2200
75207 BERNIE SANDERS +2000
75208 HILLARY CLINTON +5000
75209 PAUL RYAN +3750
75210 MARK ZUCKERBERG +2500
75211 ANDREW CUOMO +6000
75212 TIM KAINE +5000
75213 AMY KLOBOCHAR +6500
75214 KAMALA HARRIS +2000
75215 SHERROD BROWN +4000

Trump's the big favorite

Yawn... do you seriously not understand the difference between an election poll and opinion poll? That said, even though election polls are much more complicated than opinion polls, the 2016 general election polls had Hillary up by 2-3 points, which was the margin by which she won the popular vote? Spot on!

Maybe you should study up on that and then return humbly to the debate once you know what you are talking about. Sorry, you may not like science, but most of us respect it.

It's all moot, as Trump*s malfeasance, incompetence, negligence and general lack of intelligence is leading to his rather quick demise as an American POTUS. He will be gone by this time next year.

Polls were not spot on even you ought to know that, last polls were way off in Wisconsin & Michigan & had Trump's lead in Iowa & Ohio much less than
it actually was. As far as the 2 point margin for Clinton they weighed too much emphasis on California which had about 2/15 of the countries entire population
but only 1/10 of the electors.

Let's go to California where Clinton got all the votes she needs for a plurality:
Clinton 8,753,798
Trump 4,483,810

So Clinton won the plurality one state California by 4,270,000 votes
While Trump won the plurality in the other 49 states by over 1,500,000 votes

The Democrats received 5 million more votes in in 2016 than they did in 1980
while the Republicans received the same amount no increase since 1980, I wonder
why. In bizarroville California where people with driver liscenses become voter
eligible could it be that of those 5 million more DEM votes over 1/3 may be from the
huge waves of illegals since 1980 who are sheltered in this odd sanctuary state.

California in the election of 1980 before the results of the Immigration
Act of 1965 began to bare fruit for the Democrats

Republican votes 4,524,858
Democratic votes 3,083,661

How much you wanna bet?

Loser donates $25.00 to the website?

I already made my $25 donation to the website. And how would we verify it anyway?

Just yesterday, Tucker Carlson posted a spoof of President Trump looking up with the caption that the President looks directly at the solar eclipse without protective glasses. An amazing amount of mainstream media picked it up and reported it as fact. There was no truth in it. He was having a really good time with that on his show tonight. Tucker said not a single one of them called him to verify the story. It was a way to show the President as an idiot and they grabbed it and ran with it.

That is the quality of journalism these days, and the NYT is one of the worst to run with fake news stories. So I don't have a high level of confidence that they got this story right either.

I offered $800 to $500 he wouldn't make it 4 years as prez the day after the election to most of my Trump supporter friends and got no takers...

According to Irish bookmaker Paddy Power, large sums have begun to be placed on Trump calling it quits, taking the odds into evens, the equivalent of 50 percent. While still not as strong as the odds on Trump*being impeached, which currently stand at 4/6, or*60 percent, it still represents a significant shift. A*similar move was also witnessed at leading British bookmaker Ladbrokes, which took its odds in from 11/10 to evens.

Will Trump Resign? Odds of Trump Quitting Before Impeachment Reach New High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom