• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell calls for 'toughest possible sanctions' against Russia

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Welp. I started a thread asking what we should do. Most everyone (including conservatives) said sanctions.

Now Biden, conservatives here and McConnel are all saying the same thing.

I guess everyone should be happy at our response so far.

Are the sanctions going to be butterfly kisses? The only way to deal with a bully is to kick them to the ground and don't stop beating them until the medics arrive. If the US doesn't send some Russians home in body bags soon Putin will be unstoppable. If Biden isn't the one to do that get me someone in office who can. Let's make the Ukraine the next Afghanistan.

Are the sanctions going to be butterfly kisses? The only way to deal with a bully is to kick them to the ground and don't stop beating them until the medics arrive. If the US doesn't send some Russians home in body bags soon Putin will be unstoppable. If Biden isn't the one to do that get me someone in office who can. Let's make the Ukraine the next Afghanistan.
you're like the last guy that i want in an actual meeting for strategic planning during conflicts between super powers that involves complex logistics and economies and relationships between numerous countries.

Welp. I started a thread asking what we should do. Most everyone (including conservatives) said sanctions.

Anyone that agrees with Biden will send the radical right MAGAs into the usual lie filled fits, no matter what is actually right or wrong. You know, anyone that agrees with Dementia Joe must have dementia themselves and other such intelligent exclaimations.

Anyone that agrees with Biden will send the radical right MAGAs into the usual lie filled fits, no matter what is actually right or wrong. You know, anyone that agrees with Dementia Joe must have dementia themselves and other such intelligent exclaimations.
that's one reason i asked people here to put their cards on the table a week or two ago.

i did notice that a number of MAGAs didn't participate.

you're like the last guy that i want in an actual meeting for strategic planning during conflicts between super powers that involves complex logistics and economies and relationships between numerous countries.
What do you recommend we do? I have yet to see you take a stand. Criticize all you want, but economic sanctions are proven failures. History is full of examples of what happens when narcissistic psychopaths get power. If you think Putin doesn't fit that mold I disagree. Once Putin has consolidated his power in the Ukraine do you think he will become more likely or less likely to back down from future confrontations? Putin is sitting back today, drinking Vodka, being congratulated by the sycophants around him and laughing at how weak the US and their allies are. I wonder what China is thinking? Taiwan is just sitting there....Do you think they too are afraid of economic sanctions should they take Taiwan?

Uniting against Putin and Russia could be just what the 2 party-horror we have on-going needs.

Trumpsters won't be pleased... They are all over Fox, etc. and on this site defending Putin and blaming the US for Russia's aggression.

For 35 years I was Republican, and I'm in my late 60's.... Never in my life did I think I would see Republicans/ Cons defending a Russian dictator over their own country...

Limbaugh/Fox brainwashing is complete. Many Trumpsters hate their own countrymen so much they defend people who want to destroy us..

Uniting against Putin and Russia could be just what the 2 party-horror we have on-going needs.
I think the GOP will use this foreign policy failure against Biden and the donkeys. It makes the US look weak, just like the Carter Presidency did. Trump is going to tell the world that this would not have happened if he was still President. And he might be right. All we know for sure is Biden's track record on foreign policy is pitiful.

But you have no sanctions which will hurt , or, not also damage your own failed credibility .

You were laughed out of Iraq , then Syria and humiliated in Afghanistan .

Are you going for a busted flush ?

America is living in a dream with a track record of never winning anything when push comes to being shoved .

Everyone except Tucker and his followers.....Russia is the good guy, don't ya know?

I think the GOP will use this foreign policy failure against Biden and the donkeys. It makes the US look weak, just like the Carter Presidency did. Trump is going to tell the world that this would not have happened if he was still President. And he might be right. All we know for sure is Biden's track record on foreign policy is pitiful.
It's hilarious that people would actually convince themselves Trump would have been tougher on his best buddy Putin

But you have no sanctions which will hurt , or, not also damage your own failed credibility .

You were laughed out of Iraq , then Syria and humiliated in Afghanistan .

Are you going for a busted flush ?

America is living in a dream with a track record of never winning anything when push comes to being shoved .
we saved your country's ass.

It's hilarious that people would actually convince themselves Trump would have been tougher on his best buddy Putin
Or maybe Putin would never have done this to his best buddy? Just wondering...

It'll be pretty hard for him to say that, after this:

Trumpsters won't be pleased... They are all over Fox, etc. and on this site defending Putin and blaming the US for Russia's aggression.

For 35 years I was Republican, and I'm in my late 60's.... Never in my life did I think I would see Republicans/ Cons defending a Russian dictator over their own country...

Limbaugh/Fox brainwashing is complete. Many Trumpsters hate their own countrymen so much they defend people who want to destroy us..
Guessing but almost certainly because you have never visited Russia and Ukraine or know people living there at all levels .

These days Russia is probably far more democratic than the US though separately I am not convinced that democracy has much to offer long term .

It most obviously has totally failed in the US

It'll be pretty hard for him to say that, after this:
Trumpsters will be doubling down on their love for Putin now...

BTW where are those 'so called' moderate Republicans here? If liberals were defending Putin they would be in every thread blasting them, calling them anti-American...But their fellow Republicans defend Putin and there's nothing be silence from them..

I guess these 'moderate Republicans aren't that moderate, but we knew that all along..

Sanctions are the simplest and least if what we can do. The real question becomes what happens when they do nothing to hinder Putin’s actions?

I predict a lot of fluff and bluster from all sides on this, then everyone will just quietly redraw the boundaries for Russia and Ukraine on their maps.

Trumpsters will be doubling down on their love for Putin now...

BTW where are those 'so called' moderate Republicans here? If liberals were defending Putin they would be in every thread blasting them, calling them anti-American...But their fellow Republicans defend Putin and there's nothing be silence from them..

I guess these 'moderate Republicans aren't that moderate, but we knew that all along..

Its got to be hard to be a Trumpet. You'd have to change what you support every time Trump changes.

What do you recommend we do? I have yet to see you take a stand. Criticize all you want, but economic sanctions are proven failures. History is full of examples of what happens when narcissistic psychopaths get power. If you think Putin doesn't fit that mold I disagree. Once Putin has consolidated his power in the Ukraine do you think he will become more likely or less likely to back down from future confrontations? Putin is sitting back today, drinking Vodka, being congratulated by the sycophants around him and laughing at how weak the US and their allies are. I wonder what China is thinking? Taiwan is just sitting there....Do you think they too are afraid of economic sanctions should they take Taiwan?
Are you volunteering to go over and fight?

Sanctions are the simplest and least if what we can do. The real question becomes what happens when they do nothing to hinder Putin’s actions?

I predict a lot of fluff and bluster from all sides on this, then everyone will just quietly redraw the boundaries for Russia and Ukraine on their maps.
Yep. The mob boss from Moscow will take what he wants.

Oh they're definitely going to do that too.

Why is the USA government establishing a new miltary base in Poland? We the taxpayers are funding 800 in other countries as we speak.

In a way the USA government has been challenging Putin by NATO getting closer and closer in addition to our government placing thousands of troops closer and closer to Russian borders ===== antagonizing.

Does that excuse Putin asshole behavior .......? Hell no.

Putin style government is exactly what ALEC is pushing for make no mistake about. GW, Cheney and Rump would love it.

Back
Top Bottom