• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McChrystal relieved of his command.

And Obama just thanked McChrystal for his service! Now that's classy.

It was a good statement I felt. I only feel for Patreaus. He's gonna have a fricking heart attack lol.

Yeah, that poor guy. I have a ton of respect for Patraeus, particularly now, but if I was in his shoes I can't say that I would have done it. The man is a true patriot.

Name one quote where he went after the president. His only quote was against an ambassador and it hardly rose to contempt.

You really need to read more carefully.

A number of his comments about Obama can be construed as contemptuous. But that's for a military tribunal to decide.

Last edited:
A number of his comments about Obama can be construed as contemptuous. But that's for a military tribunal to decide.

But not by him. The sticky thing about a court martial. You kind of have to to after the guy who actually made the comments. :roll:

Specifically?

btw, he's naming patreus as his replacement? The same patraeus the left and people on his staff called a liar. The same patraues that Obama berated for over 7 minutes about failure when he was a senator? That patreus?

Name one quote where he went after the president. His only quote was against an ambassador and it hardly rose to contempt.

You really need to read more carefully.

No. You need to read more carefully. Learn the facts before you make your usual unfounded comments.

What a disaster! I just don't understand it, McChrystal was a smart guy with impeccable leadership, strategic and battlefield skills who could be expected to solve difficult problems. The Afghans liked him, and he understood their culture well. The few idiot Obama-lovers left who are happy about this situation of course don't want to address the substance of his comments, that Obama is an empty suit - as I've said for 15 months - and that he has no handle on foreign policy issues.

While a classier president would have stepped back for a day and allowed the general to resign, Obama the Ego had to step in and beat his chest...

Of course the comments were ill-advised - what were they thinking even agreeing to a "Rolling Stone" interview, a crud anti-war rag in the first place? - and his staff clearly dropped the ball, but there was no way he could have survived this episode.

Bottom line, the strategy the White House/Pentagon/State dep't is implementing in Afghan is not working, and just like with the oil spill, we have a completely disinterested, inexperienced president (one-term let's hope) who is in over his head. The failures of this presidency are already huge and growing as fast as the oil slick, and will be with us for years. I hope every dreamer who voted for Obama is proud and happy with their decision.

Last edited:
But not by him. The sticky thing about a court martial. You kind of have to to after the guy who actually made the comments. :roll:

Yeah, I realize that, and he did:

Washington Times said:
Although the most biting and insubordinate criticisms in the article come from unnamed McChrystal aides, the general himself speaks disrespectfully about the vice president, joking he would answer a question about him: "Joe Biden … who's that?"

You can read the article here. Just because it takes me a couple minutes to find the exact quote doesn't mean it doesn't exist (but hey, what else can you expect from the Fox News school of ambush debate?).

Again, it's for a tribunal to decide if Gen. McChrystal's remarks rose to the level necessary for an article 88 violation, but to say that he made no remarks that could be construed as contemptuous is entirely disingenuous, and defending this insubordinate general, who at the very least permitted a culture of insubordination in his administration, is the worst kind of partisan hackery.

He should've resigned, or been relieved. While there was nothing directly said about Obama there was enough said concerning the strategy and administration of the Commander in Chief that he created a situation where there was really no other reasonable answer to expect. You just don't speak in such a manner, even if not specifically about the CiC, and it was idiotic for the interview to have been allowed to happen in the first place.

That said, believing he should be relieved and agreeing with his feelings on the matter can be seperate issues. Additionally I think its a pathetic attempt for anyone to claim this man is "rubbish" after what he's done for this country and after his military history, when at worst you can fault him for caring too much with regards to the safety of his troops that he broke protocol. Hardly a trait of "rubbish".

I can't wait for the General Betrayus ad's to obviously start being posted by MoveOn.org now that Obama has him taking over, I mean, since he's such a pathetic liar and betrayer of the American People and all...

or maybe that was only the case when Bush was in office.

That said, believing he should be relieved and agreeing with his feelings on the matter can be seperate issues. Additionally I think its a pathetic attempt for anyone to claim this man is "rubbish" after what he's done for this country and after his military history, when at worst you can fault him for caring too much with regards to the safety of his troops that he broke protocol. Hardly a trait of "rubbish".
Well, that was a play on "good riddance to bad rubbish." Ever heard that one? You're right, he's not rubbish. A better thing to say would have been, "So long you insubordinate prick."

Defend him all you like, but refraining from criticizing the commander-in-chief is a sacred duty for our military officers. He failed. If he's capable of this kind of indiscretion he isn't the kind of man we need leading such a crucial military theatre.

Last edited:
Yeah, I realize that, and he did:

You can read the article here. Just because it takes me a couple minutes to find the exact quote doesn't mean it doesn't exist (but hey, what else can you expect from the Fox News school of ambush debate?).

Again, it's for a tribunal to decide if Gen. McChrystal's remarks rose to the level necessary for an article 88 violation, but to say that he made no remarks that could be construed as contemptuous is entirely disingenuous, and defending this insubordinate general, who at the very least permitted a culture of insubordination in his administration, is the worst kind of partisan hackery.

Please. Thats not even close for a court martial. A sanction possibly but Article 88 was clearly for deliberate and excessive insubordinate behavior

Last edited:
No. You need to read more carefully. Learn the facts before you make your usual unfounded comments.

I have. Is that why you aren't actually debating the facts?

He should've resigned, or been relieved. While there was nothing directly said about Obama there was enough said concerning the strategy and administration of the Commander in Chief that he created a situation where there was really no other reasonable answer to expect. You just don't speak in such a manner, even if not specifically about the CiC, and it was idiotic for the interview to have been allowed to happen in the first place.

I can't wait for the General Betrayus ad's to obviously start being posted by MoveOn.org now that Obama has him taking over, I mean, since he's such a pathetic liar and betrayer of the American People and all...

or maybe that was only the case when Bush was in office.

Or who can forget Obama's drilling of patreus...

Well, that was a play on "good riddance to bad rubbish." Ever heard that one? You're right, he's not rubbish. A better thing to say would have been, "So long you insubordinate prick."

Ah, I'm sorry, so you think he's a prick not trash.

My comments above still stand.

You made the hillariously ironic comment above about the "worst kind of partisan hackery". Well, let me say its wonderful to meet you Mr. Pot, because I'd say someone claiming that an individual is a "prick" based on nothing but a joking response to a question regarding the Vice President that is not slanderous nor attacking and second hand heresay interprited by unnamed aides simply because of their own political ideology while completely and wholey ignoring the decades of military service ranks right up there.

Defend him all you like, but avoiding criticism of the commander-in-chief is a sacred duty for our military officers. He failed. If he's capable of this kind of indiscretion he isn't the kind of man we need leading such a crucial military theatre.

Show me an exact quote of him criticizing the CIC? So far all I've seen is second hand heresay stated by unnamed aides with nothing backin up the statements as legitimate. Beyond that there's a joking response to avoid giving comment with regards to a question about Joke Biden that is in no way attackig nor slanderous and then negative comments regarding lower individuals within the administration. Grounds for dismissal? Entirely. Grounds for throwing every bit of information we have about the man out the window and wantonly declare him rubbish or a prick? Only for partisan hacks.

The notion that your singular judgement on whether or not someone is able to lead a military mission is whether or not they have lack the descretion to speak negatively about am ambassader while completely ignoring the notion that perhaps someone shouldn't be leading a military mission when they're appointed representitives and overall plan is so pathetically worthless that the General who has to execute them disagrees with them so strongly that it even gets to a point such as this.

But then, that'd require you to be critical of Obama. Can't have that now can we.

Please. Thats not even close for a court martial. A sanction possibly but Article 88 was clearly for deliberate and excessive insubordinate behavior

:roll: Yeah, so I guess a four star general badmouthing the commander-in-chief to a Rolling Stone reporter is within the limits of "acceptable insubordinate" behavior? And if you're talking about a sanction over an Article 88 violation, where are your facts? Show me the black letter law and maybe you'll persuade me.

:roll: Yeah, so I guess a four star general badmouthing the commander-in-chief to a Rolling Stone reporter is within the limits of "acceptable insubordinate" behavior? And if you're talking about a sanction over an Article 88 violation, where are your facts? Show me the black letter law and maybe you'll persuade me.

Can you link to his exact quotes of his "badmouthing the CiC" and specifically quote what you are talking about? Thanks.

1-he did resign. 2-resign or fire...it was the right thing to do. 3-Funny how he has gone from a General Betrayus---a liar...to now a qualified hero and a brilliant appointment by the president. 4-Thinking people MIGHT want to consider that MAYBE...JUST MAYBE...there is a REASON why they held the VP and others in such complete and utter disdain. And MAYBE...JUST MAYBE...regardless of whether they should have said anything or not...Biden, the administration...all of them might actually learn a lesson. They are responsible for a climbing US soldier death toll in Afghanistan. They say on their thumbs for 9 months. Afghanistan is a smoldering back burner issue. Maybe in a ddition to "McChrystal bad" they ought to consider "Administration ****ed"

Can you link to his exact quotes of his "badmouthing the CiC" and specifically quote what you are talking about? Thanks.

He can't because there aren't any.

His best one is about Biden and it amounts to saying ": "Joe Biden … who's that?"

Anyone who actually knows what the word contemptuous means knows it doesn't even come close to applying to this.

You made the hillariously ironic comment above about the "worst kind of partisan hackery". Well, let me say its wonderful to meet you Mr. Pot, because I'd say someone claiming that an individual is a "prick" based on nothing but a joking response to a question regarding the Vice President that is not slanderous nor attacking and second hand heresay interprited by unnamed aides simply because of their own political ideology while completely and wholey ignoring the decades of military service ranks right up there.

Let me explain something to you, since you appear to be woefully underinformated as to the kind of behavior that is expected from military officers. "Joking" criticism of superior officers is generally frowned upon, particularly by four star generals talking to reporters. We're not talking about about a guy who was accidentally overheard making a joke in the privacy of his own home or something, we're talking about a four star general representing the military to the press who permitted an unforgivable lapse of decorum. What's so hard about accepting the fact that this guy failed to live up to his duty? Oh yeah, I guess that'd require you to not be critical of Obama. :roll: I repeat, you and tex are indulging in the worst kind of partisan hackery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom