• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCarthy, Pelosi Call on Convicted Republican Lawmaker to Resign

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) both said Friday that Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) should resign from Congress in light of his being convicted on three felony charges connected to his statements to the FBI about illegal campaign contributions.

“He had his day in court. I think if he wants to appeal, he can go do that as a private citizen,” McCarthy said in a press conference Friday from House Republicans’ annual policy retreat in Florida.

McCarthy said he texted Fortenberry on Thursday night and plans to talk to him today.

———————

I agree, he should resign and I’m glad Pelosi and McCarthy are in alignment on this.

Crime ain't the problem, obviously. But getting held accoutable is unacceptable.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) both said Friday that Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.) should resign from Congress in light of his being convicted on three felony charges connected to his statements to the FBI about illegal campaign contributions.

“He had his day in court. I think if he wants to appeal, he can go do that as a private citizen,” McCarthy said in a press conference Friday from House Republicans’ annual policy retreat in Florida.

McCarthy said he texted Fortenberry on Thursday night and plans to talk to him today.

———————

I agree, he should resign and I’m glad Pelosi and McCarthy are in alignment on this.
So McCarthy is still a snake. Not surprising.

———————

I am surprised he has the be asked to resign.

No. I’m against McCarthy. Have been for years.
McCarthy is a spineless fool, but this time he is right, Fortenberry is corrupt and has to go.

Back
Top Bottom