• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCarthy, McConnell say they didn't watch Jan. 6 hearing

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I can sorta allow turtle neck McConnell to slide by with his excuse for not watching today's opening 1/6 hearing because of Senate business but I call pure bs on chickenshit McCarthy who claims that he didn't because he had back to back meetings today, in which translates to McCarthy being busy on the phone with his beloved elitist mob boss whispering sweet garbage in his ear that everything will be fine with their own phony committee hearing after the actual one is over with.

1627417222661.png
"Leader McConnell, did you watch any of the hearing today?" a reporter asked during a Senate Republican leadership press conference.

"No, I didn't," he responded.

McCarthy sounded a similar note, telling a Politico reporter that he was not able to watch the hearing because he was stuck in "back-to-back meetings."

I can sorta allow turtle neck McConnell to slide by with his excuse for not watching today's opening 1/6 hearing because of Senate business but I call pure bs on chickenshit McCarthy who claims that he didn't because he had back to back meetings today, in which translates to McCarthy being busy on the phone with his beloved elitist mob boss whispering sweet garbage in his ear that everything will be fine with their own phony committee hearing after the actual one is over with.

View attachment 67344988
"Leader McConnell, did you watch any of the hearing today?" a reporter asked during a Senate Republican leadership press conference.

McCarthy sounded a similar note, telling a Politico reporter that he was not able to watch the hearing because he was stuck in "back-to-back meetings."
His total disinterest in any true accounting of those events is palpable.

From the Op's opening sentence!

"turtle neck McConnell"

No one watched because it's a partisan hack dog and pony show! :oops:

View attachment 67344988

The moronic trump clan will not watch it anyway. They have been 'fact-resistant humans' from day one............

If you say you didn't see it you don't get a lot of questions about it.

View attachment 67344988

Bet someone on Moscow Mitch's staff did and briefed him. McCarthy probably has tape already lined up to 'prove' how mean the committee is being. I imagine most Republicans with a conscience can't watch the sometimes emotional testimony of the Police as they recall the day through their day in the shit eyes and buy the MAGA spin. Certainly wasn't a tour group or loving crowd from their POV... ✌️

I didn’t watch it either.
I watched some of it until it became obvious that it was about Trump. Did anyone ask the LEO if they felt more support would have helped them? If they had tear gas or other crowd control tools it might have helped?

View attachment 67344988

Why should they? We already know what happened, there were a whole lot of mostly peaceful protesters and a few who got out of control, just as happened in the summer long riots.

I watched some of it until it became obvious that it was about Trump. Did anyone ask the LEO if they felt more support would have helped them? If they had tear gas or other crowd control tools it might have helped?
I believe they were asked about help. I recall one being stunned by the number of insurrectionists attacking the police below his perch. I think the insurrectionists brought enough tear gas, bear spray and wasp spray to suffice.... ✌️

they know...

10 Popular Night Time Prayers for Children

I believe they were asked about help. I recall one being stunned by the number of insurrectionists attacking the police below his perch. I think the insurrectionists brought enough tear gas, bear spray and wasp spray to suffice.... ✌️
Guess I'm gonna have to wait for the transcript to read what they said. If they were asked I would be interested in their answers.

Guess I'm gonna have to wait for the transcript to read what they said. If they were asked I would be interested in their answers.
They had plenty of opportunity to voice their opinion on the events. None were shy and if they felt they were 'let down' by higher up they had the ability to express that. Do you really think they need to be asked???? They certainly expressed their opinion of the deniers in their opening statements... :unsure:

But MAGAs are trying to shift the focus. It is like a major wildfire being fought. Instead of looking at the group that stacked wood higher and higher, poured can of gas after can on the bonfire, lit the match and now want to blame a 'lack of enough firefighters' for the out of control blaze... :mad:

It wasn't a lack of police, it was a lack of sanity and maturity on the fire starters... ✌️

They had plenty of opportunity to voice their opinion on the events. None were shy and if they felt they were 'let down' by higher up they had the ability to express that. Do you really think they need to be asked???? They certainly expressed their opinion of the deniers in their opening statements... :unsure:

But MAGAs are trying to shift the focus. It is like a major wildfire being fought. Instead of looking at the group that stacked wood higher and higher, poured can of gas after can on the bonfire, lit the match and now want to blame a 'lack of enough firefighters' for the out of control blaze... :mad:

It wasn't a lack of police, it was a lack of sanity and maturity on the fire starters... ✌️
Yes I do.

Yes I do.
I have no doubt you think professional LEOs need to be asked questions before they would speak on the subject, but again you want to blame the fire fighters and not the arsonists... :rolleyes:

I also think you won't read the transcript but post MAGA spun excerpts and commentary... ✌️

BS they didn't watch it. They sound like 11 year old boys saying they didn't take a peek at the pictures in a Playboy magazine.

Of course they watched it. What a couple idiots,

Has anyone ever seen McCarthy or McConnell busting their butts?

4-ways-to-engage-busy-people.jpg

It makes you wonder if Donnie had time between meals to watch it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom