• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCarthy blames Pelosi for Capital riot

Mc·Car·thy·ism
/məˈkärTHēˌizəm/
Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: McCarthyism

a campaign or practice that endorses the use of unfair allegations and investigations.

her lives up to his name

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters speaker Nancy Pelosi neglected her duty to defend the Capitol on Jan. 6 and demanding answers about her role in the violent attack that injured more than 140 police officers. He went on to say "On Jan. 6 these brave officers were put into a vulnerable and impossible position because the leadership at the top failed,". But he failed to implicate the main person who's actions caused the riot, Donald Trump. Because if Trump would of accepted his loss like an adult, his dysfunctional band of cosplay miscreants would of never stormed the capital. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. And all the credit for the capital riots goes to Donald.

Has anyone asked him what was HIS role?

Was he standing helplessly by? Was he encouraging the insurrectionists.

This is like blaming the cops for your home being burglarized.

The American right are the biggest cowards. They cannot admit they might have been wrong or that it's possible to any of them to make a mistake. What is true about people who don't make mistakes is that they can never know the right way

As I mentioned in another thread, McCarthy's argument is beyond idiotic: "You should have known Trump's mob descending on the Capitol on 1/6 was going to be violent; why weren't you better prepared for how violent they were?"

The American right are the biggest cowards. They cannot admit they might have been wrong or that it's possible to any of them to make a mistake. What is true about people who don't make mistakes is that they can never know the right way
We're talking about people who's version of the narrative claim Ashli Babbit was crawling " out" of a glass window instead of "into" a hallway that led to where representatives were hiding. Clearly they gave no interest in reality.

We're talking about people who's version of the narrative claim Ashli Babbit was crawling " out" of a glass window instead of "into" a hallway that led to where representatives were hiding. Clearly they gave no interest in reality.

You missed my point.

I really don't give a fiddlers **** about anybody who "said" or claimed this or anything. It's America. Everyone is lying, everyone is "claiming" and no one knows anything beyond their 'opinion'! Since ****ing when did truth ever factor into an American issue? Truth? In the land of "weapons of mass destruction" and "I did not have sex with that woman"?

You are a nation who elected an obese liar/con man who BRAGGED about grabbing women by their private parts! He who also told, on average, a thousand lies a week and still got 72 million votes!

Truth? Trust America? I'm still laughing

You missed my point.

I really don't give a fiddlers **** about anybody who "said" or claimed this or anything. It's America. Everyone is lying, everyone is "claiming" and no one knows anything beyond their 'opinion'! Since ****ing when did truth ever factor into an American issue? Truth? In the land of "weapons of mass destruction" and "I did not have sex with that woman"?

You are a nation who elected an obese liar/con man who BRAGGED about grabbing women by their private parts! He who also told, on average, a thousand lies a week and still got 72 million votes!

Truth? Trust America? I'm still laughing
I certainly don't blame you for your low opinion of us. It's well deserved. That said, even here in America, IMHO, there is still reality and fantasy. And, IMHO, the reality is if ****ing Donald would of conceded when he lost, the Capital wouldn't of gotten swarmed. In the immortal words of Don Henley..... I could be wrong.... But I'm not.

Oh, I am not mocking or saying anything about Pence exceeding his authority in sending in the NG. Many more than Ashlii Babbit would have been shot to death if Pence had not acted.

So, yes, he broke the law, but in this case the events proved him right. He will never have a grand jury consider the case. If he runs again, he can argue he is not afraid to do the right thing despite the situation. [In this case, it is also a reminder of so many times he stood aside when his boss acted wrongly]

Well he must protect the cult leader at all costs.

Trump refused several requests to send in the NG.

Pence finally broke the law and sent in the Guard on his own authority.
How pathetic is that? The President of the United States watched the capital being attacked and did nothing.

How pathetic is that? The President of the United States watched the capital being attacked and did nothing.
It's because he was enjoying watching all those MAGA'its swarm the capital. They were there for him...... They chanted "fight for Trump".

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters speaker Nancy Pelosi neglected her duty to defend the Capitol on Jan. 6 and demanding answers about her role in the violent attack that injured more than 140 police officers. He went on to say "On Jan. 6 these brave officers were put into a vulnerable and impossible position because the leadership at the top failed,". But he failed to implicate the main person who's actions caused the riot, Donald Trump. Because if Trump would of accepted his loss like an adult, his dysfunctional band of cosplay miscreants would of never stormed the capital. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. And all the credit for the capital riots goes to Donald.

And what about McConnell? He was still Senate Majority Leader on January 6th. If Pelosi bears some amount of responsibility (a point I don’t argue), then so does McConnell.

This will work for their supporters, but how dumb do they think independent and unaffiliated voters are?
Republicans are hoping that they can fool the rest of us, like they have Trump’s base. Simple logic should inform them that as we aren’t already with them, we obviously aren’t pathetically gullible.

McCarthy is a ****ing moron who is pandering to millions of other morons.

Claim​

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from responding to the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Rating​

False

False
About this rating

Well, he did call the President and tell him to call off his dogs.

Well, that's just ridiculous. It is all of the left who were responsible for the Capitol Riot because they set a precedent all summer long last year that rioters could commit violence, engage in massive looting and property destruction, attack law enforcement, burn down police stations, take over swaths of territory from the US, overrun the US government court buildings, and not even be punished for it, and, in fact, people on the left even bailed these people out after being arrested. So, the Capitol protesters automatically believed they should get the same treatment. We really can't blame Pelosi individually for the actions of the entire left.

He is taking shots at her, but I think it's more to bring to light that:
The Government had intel that pissed people were coming to Protest the fraud, the National Guard offered to help protect the Capital, and
Pelosi who has control of capital security DID not want the help ....

As if she wanted to encourage this to happen so they could use it as a political tool to give reason NOT to look at the Fruad evidence !

He is taking shots at her, but I think it's more to bring to light that:
The Government had intel that pissed people were coming to Protest the fraud, the National Guard offered to help protect the Capital, and
Pelosi who has control of capital security DID not want the help ....

As if she wanted to encourage this to happen so they could use it as a political tool to give reason NOT to look at the Fruad evidence !
Trump said his insurrection was a love affair.

Republikkkans hate the police.

Back
Top Bottom