• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain wins senate primary in Arizona

Glad McCain won. A voice of reason has actually survived in the Republican. Radicals in BOTH parties have taken a hatchet job to reasonable voices. However, as long as there are McCains and Liebermans around, we all still have hope...

You know, I may have some serious qualms with him, in the way he ran his campaign in 2008... but I have a lot of respect for the man.

I still feel his prior record is really quite good, he has actually proven himself to be a bi-partisan, good politician in the past.

I think as a man, he is a good man, and as I said I may not agree with his 2008 campaign.

I think in the end, he should come out from his base GOP shell again and be more moderate, and he could do some real good, as he has done in the past.

I was hoping McRino would lose, but I guess the people in his district want a Rino or they just fell for his tricks.

At least people in Arizona can still recognize a man with integrity.

I was hoping McRino would lose, but I guess the people in his district want a Rino or they just fell for his tricks.

And people like you are showing what is wrong with both parties today. It is either ideological purity or out. That is what is wrong with U.S. politics today. Reagan would not like this kind of talk. Remember the Big Tent? That is long gone because of people like you.

Glad McCain won. A voice of reason has actually survived in the Republican. Radicals in BOTH parties have taken a hatchet job to reasonable voices. However, as long as there are McCains and Liebermans around, we all still have hope...

:blink: McCain should have been tossed, Hayworth started strong but flaked out.

And people like you are showing what is wrong with both parties today. It is either ideological purity or out. That is what is wrong with U.S. politics today. Reagan would not like this kind of talk. Remember the Big Tent? That is long gone because of people like you.

Huh uh. Sure. How about we're tired of Republican's that don't stand for Republican values? Notice, McCain went, for him, HARD RIGHT in this election cycle. That belies your notion of centrist/bi-partisan being what voters want.

That was the McCain years ago. He's just as partisan and sneaky as the rest of them now. I think he's also mentally losing it.

Lieberman, really? You mean the guy that does whatever it takes to win an election even if it means changing parties?

Like I said McCain is just lucky he ran against a bad candidate.

Last edited:

For an incumbent he didnt' do that well. I wouldn't go as far as saying the people really wanted him.

That was the McCain years ago. He's just as partisan and sneaky as the rest of them now. I think he's also mentally losing it.

Lieberman, really? You mean the guy that does whatever it takes to win an election even if it means changing parties?

To be fair, Lieberman was forced to go Independent because the Democrat Party has become very "Our way or the Highway". Joe didn't play their game and he got rolled by the party. The PEOPLE voted for HIM, not his party.

I still don't like him much, but that whole scenario amused the hell out of me.

Huh uh. Sure. How about we're tired of Republican's that don't stand for Republican values? Notice, McCain went, for him, HARD RIGHT in this election cycle. That belies your notion of centrist/bi-partisan being what voters want.

Primary voters in BOTH parties tend to be more extreme in their views than the general election electorate. Thus, candidates go to the extremes in primaries and rush to the center for the general.

Lieberman didn't change parties... he was tossed by extreme leftist Democrats...

To be fair, Lieberman was forced to go Independent because the Democrat Party has become very "Our way or the Highway". Joe didn't play their game and he got rolled by the party. The PEOPLE voted for HIM, not his party.

I still don't like him much, but that whole scenario amused the hell out of me.

And that is what you and your ilk are doing with Republicans like McCain. Extemists in BOTH parties have become utterly intolerant of anyone who does not hold to the orthodoxy 100% and Heaven forbid anyone actually think of doing something like working together with others for the common good... No wonder why U.S. politics is so messed up today...

In Arizona? Not likely. Furthermore, McCain keeping his seat (which he will) is vital to GOP chances to take the Senate, remote as they are...

He's a RINO and a panderer. The longer we keep people like this in office the more our country suffers and that goes for any party.

He's a RINO and a panderer. The longer we keep people like this in office the more our country suffers and that goes for any party.

And all you'll leave us with are extremists from both parties in the halls of government and nothing sensible will ever get done...

And all you'll leave us with are extremists from both parties in the halls of government and nothing sensible will ever get done...

Because so much "sensible" is being done over the past few decades.... :ssst:

Because so much "sensible" is being done over the past few decades.... :ssst:

I remember a time when Republicans and Democrats could actually work together to get things done for the good of the country and when Speaker O'Neil and President Reagan would share good natured quips and a healthy respect for one another... those days seem long gone...

Primary voters in BOTH parties tend to be more extreme in their views than the general election electorate. Thus, candidates go to the extremes in primaries and rush to the center for the general.

I disagree, McCain got the Nod in 2008 due to centrist/moderates. The whole primary system is goofed atm any hoots.

Will he actually be the reasonable McCain or the weird I want to be president guy?

Another entrenched, boring, corrupt incumbent wins again. It makes me sad.

Unfortunately, the man running against McCain was bat **** crazy. Where in the hell are the great thinkers in the GOP when you need them. Whatever happened to the William F. Buckleys of the party? They have gone the way of the dodo bird, and have been replaced by nutters.

Back
Top Bottom