• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

McCain Who?

AndrewC

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You could say I'm neutral when it comes to the two major party candidates. I support Ron Paul and these candidates are nothing like him. So I've marveled as this election has played out. I've watched both sides frantically push for their candidate. It really has been an interesting year or two in American politics.

The polls and many a pundit say the election is Obama's to lose. I said some months ago that John McCain would win. My reasoning was taxes and OWM (old white man). It seems now that I may be proven wrong.

So I've been analyzing, trying to find out where I might have been wrong or where perhaps John McCain and his supporters went wrong. The best guess I can come up with is that McCain and his supporters have spent the majority of their time talking about Obama instead of McCain. Sure Obama's done his fair share of talking about others. However, I can't really recall seeing a McCain ad or McCain pundit that spent more time talking about McCain than Obama. It is as if McCain never really got around to making his case for being President. Other than to say I'll do it better than Obama, because I have the experience.

If you didn't follow politics that much. If all you saw were the occasional campaign ad or evening news clip. What opinion do you think you would have of these candidates? My guess is that Obama would come off looking like a rock star. People would know his change mantra and how he is going to fix our problems. Whatever those problems may be. As for McCain, well you would know that he has more experience than Obama. You would know that Obama wants to spread the wealth. You would know that Obama hangs out with questionable friends. You would know that Obama would invite more attacks on America and McCain would scare them into turning themselves in. You see my point? Almost every single major theme of the McCain campaign has revolved around Obama.

So what do you think? Do you agree or disagree?

Thanks,

Last edited:
You could say I'm neutral when it comes to the two major party candidates. I support Ron Paul and these candidates are nothing like him. So I've marveled as this election has played out. I've watched both sides frantically push for their candidate. It really has been an interesting year or two in American politics.

The polls and many a pundit say the election is Obama's to lose. I said some months ago that John McCain would win. My reasoning was taxes and OWM (old white man). It seems now that I may be proven wrong.

So I've been analyzing, trying to find out where I might have been wrong or where perhaps John McCain and his supporters went wrong. The best guess I can come up with is that McCain and his supporters have spent the majority of their time talking about Obama instead of McCain. Sure Obama's done his fair share of talking about others. However, I can't really recall seeing a McCain ad or McCain pundit that spent more time talking about McCain than Obama. It is as if McCain never really got around to making his case for being President. Other than to say I'll do it better than Obama, because I have the experience.

If you didn't follow politics that much. If all you saw were the occasional campaign ad or evening news clip. What opinion do you think you would have of these candidates? My guess is that Obama would come off looking like a rock star. People would know his change mantra and how he is going to fix our problems. Whatever those problems may be. As for McCain, well you would know that he has more experience than Obama. You would know that Obama wants to spread the wealth. You would know that Obama hangs out with questionable friends. You would know that Obama would invite more attacks on America and McCain would scare them into turning themselves in. You see my point? Almost every single major theme of the McCain campaign has revolved around Obama.

So what so think? Do you agree or disagree?

Thanks,

you left out McCain's choice for VP ... if it's any indication of what his cabinet picks would be like, then it certainly hurt him, big time.

and ... his performance in the debates. he looked mean and nasty. image is everything. check the electoral college polls. McCain started plummeting just after the first debate.

So what do you think? Do you agree or disagree?

Thanks,

Yes, McCain has spent a large portion of time talking about Obama. But that is what people who are losing do. They have to attack.

you left out McCain's choice for VP ... if it's any indication of what his cabinet picks would be like, then it certainly hurt him, big time.

and ... his performance in the debates. he looked mean and nasty. image is everything. check the electoral college polls. McCain started plummeting just after the first debate.

Sure, voters might have come away with the impression that Palin was the wrong choice. The debates might have hurt his campaign. Still I wonder what the polls would be like if McCain had a clear consistent message about what McCain will do for America. He may have been able to survive Palin and the debates if he had a clear *positive* message. In fact he may not have needed Palin if he had a clear positive message about a John McCain presidency.

Back
Top Bottom