• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando massacre

JoeTrumps

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Washington (CNN)Sen. John McCain said Thursday that President Barack Obama was "directly responsible" for the massacre at the gay nightclub in Orlando.
"Barack Obama is directly responsible for it because when he pulled everybody out of Iraq, al Qaeda went to Syria, became ISIS, and ISIS is what it is today thanks to Barack Obama's failures -- utter failures, by pulling everybody out of Iraq, thinking that conflicts end just because you leave. So the responsibility for it lies with President Barack Obama and his failed policies," McCain told reporters.

The Arizona Republican, who has been sharply critical of the President's foreign policy strategy, argued that his failure to adequately address terror threats led to the rise of ISIS.
McCain later clarified in a tweet, "To clarify, I was referring to Pres Obama's national security decisions that have led to rise of #ISIL, not to the President himself."

John McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando - CNNPolitics.com

first, remember when the left went after Trump for attacking McCain and they defended him? watch those some hypocrites bring out the long knives on McCain for this. It's going to be ugly(and kind of sad). they use, then discard, then destroy people at any political whim that comes along.

second, McCain made it very clear in his debate with Obama that the US needed to retain a presence in Iraq indefinitely, as we have in Japan, Korea, and throughout Europe. You liberals laughed it off, and voted for Obama and his cut and run policy. You have no one to blame but yourselves for ISIS. You can't defeat an enemy then go home and leave it a fractured tribal community to "figure it out". Arab Spring was squandered. Obama is a disgrace.

first, remember when the left went after Trump for attacking McCain and they defended him? watch those some hypocrites bring out the long knives on McCain for this. It's going to be ugly(and kind of sad). they use, then discard, then destroy people at any political whim that comes along.

um... that would be consistency in principle regardless of the person... pretty much the exact opposite of hypocrisy.

second, McCain made it very clear in his debate with Obama that the US needed to retain a presence in Iraq indefinitely, as we have in Japan, Korea, and throughout Europe. You liberals laughed it off, and voted for Obama and his cut and run policy. You have no one to blame but yourselves for ISIS. You can't defeat an enemy then go home and leave it a fractured tribal community to "figure it out". Arab Spring was squandered. Obama is a disgrace.

herp derp BS.

Poor old McCain, he is becoming senile in his old age.

McCain is right that Obama has been has been a colossal failure at global management ( just as he has been at US government managment) but I have seen no indication that McCain understands that America is a failing superpower which no long has either the skill nor the power to manage the ME Obama or no Obama.

McCain had any sense.................... beaten out of him in those jail cells in Vietnam. He is a true hero, but he's been working on Maggies Farm way too long.

He's been a walking cluster fluck his entire political career.

I'm no fan of President Obama nor of Democrats but this McCain screed has nothing to do with the left or hypocrisy. McCain has made a stupid comment - perhaps he's unaware of what he term "direct" means. Clearly, many of us believe that President Obama's foreign policy has been feckless at best and perhaps dangerously inattentive, but to suggest he put a semi-automatic rifle into the hands of a radical Islamic homophobe is just idiocy. Perhaps McCain believes that inane bluster ala Donald Trump is a means to bring relevance back to his position - that's a big fail.

Given he wasn't the one popping caps in innocent citizens or abetting the former, I'm gonna say McCain is losing it.

Funny, I always thought the person "directly responsible" for a crime was the one who committed it.

It seems to me that by McCain's logic Bush is as "directly" responsible for the event as Obama is.

Oh ****, the can of worms I've just opened...

How ironic you attempt to call out the left for their hypocrisy regarding McCain. McCain is the epitome of hypocrisy. He sold out veterans countless times.

I'm no fan of President Obama nor of Democrats but this McCain screed has nothing to do with the left or hypocrisy. McCain has made a stupid comment - perhaps he's unaware of what he term "direct" means. Clearly, many of us believe that President Obama's foreign policy has been feckless at best and perhaps dangerously inattentive, but to suggest he put a semi-automatic rifle into the hands of a radical Islamic homophobe is just idiocy. Perhaps McCain believes that inane bluster ala Donald Trump is a means to bring relevance back to his position - that's a big fail.

... Never mind that Omar Sateen was born in Queens... and no length of time spent in Afghanistan or Iraq would have made a difference in this matter.

It seems the left is upset because all decent people know Orlando is the fault of Christian Republicans? Why is McCain breaking their focus?

[ the US needed to retain a presence in Iraq indefinitely, as we have in Japan, Korea, and throughout Europe.

American troops were still dying weekly in Iraq. Our presence and troops in Europe, Japan, etc? No one is dying.

Shocking how neo-cons don't care about our troops. They just put them in danger, keep them there forever, and let them die.

Pitiful.

Last edited:
How ironic you attempt to call out the left for their hypocrisy regarding McCain. McCain is the epitome of hypocrisy. He sold out veterans countless times.
I remember one vet calling him out one time.

McCain’s Veteran Voting Record

nothing else coming to mind. care to clarify the "selling out veterans" comment?

American troops were still dying weekly in Iraq. Our presence and troops in Europe, Japan, etc? No one is dying.

Shocking how neo-cons don't care about our troops. They just put them in danger, keep them there forever, and let them die.

Pitiful.

yes, lets do a complete pullout so that more innocent U.S. civilians can die IN THE PRESENT TIME. great plan. they should make you a general.

His voting record on vet's issues is abysmal. He's been better in recent years, but he's been a lying snake over the years.

I just don't know you can't look at his statement then use your own facts to refute them. Why just attack the guy for things that have nothing to do with the statement he made?

It seems the left is upset because all decent people know Orlando is the fault of Christian Republicans? Why is McCain breaking their focus?

And here I thought the 49 murdered people in Orlando were the victims. Boy was I apparently wrong.

yes, lets do a complete pullout so that more innocent U.S. civilians can die IN THE PRESENT TIME. great plan. they should make you a general.

Your comparison was pointless. Troops aren't dying in Europe, they were dying in Iraq. 10 years was long enough.

If you can't win a war in 10 years, after 1,000's of lives lost, $trillions, 10,000's wounded, and hundreds coming home and committing suicide. it's time top get out.

But I know, you're a typical neo con, there's never enough wars, and always more and more money to piss away overseas. I bet you're a 'fiscal conservative' too. ;)

Your comparison was pointless. Troops aren't dying in Europe, they were dying in Iraq. 10 years was long enough.

If you can't win a war in 10 years, after 1,000's of lives lost, $trillions, 10,000's wounded, and hundreds coming home and committing suicide.

let me do some quick math. the year bush left office we lost 136 lives in Iraq. We had a million troops serving(at one point or another) during the conflict. So if you are saying a war where we were taking .0001% of casualties of overall troops, and you declare it an UNWINNABLE WAR. like I said, either you no nothing about war, history, or both. how else would you come to that conclusion? where is the definition of "unwinnable war" and who let you define it. and how can you say Orlando STILL would have happened if we weren't still engaging the enemy there?

And here I thought the 49 murdered people in Orlando were the victims. Boy was I apparently wrong.

they were. but according to Anderson Cooper the Florida attorney general and everyone in her party is to blame for Orlando. so why not blame our current leader for 7 years of watching terrorism happen on our land and NEVER calling out our enemies, instead going after the GOP(and now Trump).

Pitiful.

2z6y94N.jpg

they were. but according to Anderson Cooper the Florida attorney general and everyone in her party is to blame for Orlando.

No it's not. She and you are just whining because Anderson called her out on her hypocritical BS of pretending to be a champion of gays only NOW that she can try to gain some political points of dead gays when in fact she has a strong record of opposing gays through her career. She was being a hypocritical political opportunist at the expense of these murdered people.

so why not blame our current leader for 7 years of watching terrorism happen on our land and NEVER calling out our enemies, instead going after the GOP(and now Trump).

I see, you went out of your way to evoke 49 murdered gay people also for political gain on a topic that has nothing to do with them. Stay classy champ!

let me do some quick math. the year bush left office we lost 136 lives in Iraq. We had a million troops serving(at one point or another) during the conflict. So if you are saying a war where we were taking .0001% of casualties of overall troops, and you declare it an UNWINNABLE WAR. like I said, either you no nothing about war, history, or both. how else would you come to that conclusion? where is the definition of "unwinnable war" and who let you define it. and how can you say Orlando STILL would have happened if we weren't still engaging the enemy there?

. .001% huh? As long as it's not YOU, or one of your kids. and I notice you didn't address the $trillions we spent over there. Typical.

And phony Internet tough guys like you bother me. Behind your keyboard you're so tough with other people's lives.

And WTF?

and how can you say Orlando STILL would have happened if we weren't still engaging the enemy there?

I didn't say that. But anyway this kid was born in NYC!! As far as I know he was never in the ME. Him, like others are PO'ed at our involvement in the ME. At us going into Iraq in the 1st place. So us staying there longer, and killing more Arabs is the answer? No.

Anyway Have a Nice Day.

Back
Top Bottom