• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain Is Two Years Too Late

Carole

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In a new campaign ad released today, Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) takes on the far-left agenda of President Barack Obama and stands firmly with the majority of Americans who support Arizona's new immigration law and are strongly opposed to the administration's lawsuit against it. The only problem is Senator McCain waited until Mr. Obama already had the power of the presidency to take a stand and say what needed to be said all along.

The new ad entitled 'Sheriffs' features members of law enforcement from throughout the state of Arizona including Pinal County's Sheriff Paul Babeu who says "President Obama has made protecting our border incredibly difficult. But Arizona has a senator with the courage and character to stand up to a president who is wrong: John McCain."

Sheriff Babeu goes on to say that, "A president versus a senator doesn't seem like a fair fight. Unless that senator is John McCain." and the ad ends with another sheriff looking straight into the camera and stating, "Character matters."

One has to wonder where this tough candidate who is willing to fight and believes that character matters was during the 2008 campaign. Two years ago, Senator McCain was given time on the national stage but chose to play the go-along-to-get-along moderate while Candidate Obama was telling anyone who was paying attention that, if elected, he would push the far-left agenda he has been pushing since his inauguration.

Remember this exchange at a Town Hall meeting a month before the 2008 election:

"We would like you to remain a true American hero," an elderly military veteran told Senator McCain. "We want you to fight."

"I will fight, but we will be respectful," McCain said. "I admire Senator Obama and his accomplishments and I will respect him."

When the crowd began to boo, McCain told them "No, no. I want everyone to be respectful."

Along with the veteran, four others pleaded with McCain to put up more of a fight against Obama.

One woman who said she had a lot of undecided neighbors said she wanted McCain to "go to the mattresses" on in his third and final debate with Obama on Wednesday.

While McCain said "I got my marching orders" from the supporters, he still seemed to resist their red-meat rhetoric.

One man said he was scared of an Obama presidency.

"My wife and I are expecting our first child, in April 2nd, next year," the man said. "And frankly, we're scared. We're scared of an Obama presidency."

McCain told the man he should not fear Obama.

"I want to be president of the United States, and I don't want Obama to be," he said. "But I have to tell you, I have to tell you, he is a decent person, and a person that you do not have to be scared as President of the United States."

President Obama has proven that those Americans were right to be afraid of an Obama presidency. As President Obama and his accomplices in Congress grab more and more federal power, the country is rapidly becoming something our founders would not recognize and the majority of our citizens reject. But only now that Senator McCain is concerned with his own job security is he finally fighting against Mr. Obama and bringing up the issue of character in their alleged conflict. Too bad he wouldn't do either when he had the chance to do some real good.

Because you don't like his policies you think Obama has no character?

Arizona's 4 years too late, you mean.
The ideal time to get this to pass with less huff was when Bush was in office.

Everything else is relatively unimportant.

The only reason McRino is actually siding with Arizona is because elections are coming up.When it comes to tossing the salad of pro-illegals and illegals,McCains tongue is in just as deep or deeper than Obamas. If he wasn't facing reelection soon he would be siding with Obama and if he was president he would be the one having an attorney general sue Arizona over its anti-illegal immigration law.

Last edited:
The only reason McRino is actually siding with Arizona is because elections are coming up.When it comes to tossing the salad of pro-illegals and illegals,McCains tongue is in just as deep or deeper than Obamas. If he wasn't facing reelection soon he would be siding with Obama and if he was president he would be the one having an attorney general sue Arizona over its anti-illegal immigration law.

Highly doubt it - he's never been against illegal immigration laws and attempts to reform. He'd never side with Obama or others *like* him on this issue.

Back
Top Bottom