• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mayweather vs Alvarez

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I know there are only a few boxing fans here but tonight is a long waited battle between Mayweather and Alvarez.

Have been a fan of Alvarez for long time.

I hope they aren't rushing Alvarez too soon into this fight. Maybe another year and couple other fights may have been better but it is what it is.

Alvarez is strong and you can see by this picture the size of his neck compared to Mayweather the upper body strength he has.

May Canelo come into the ring like a hurricane.

dm_130627_boxing_mayweather_news[1].jpg

Mayweather to win on points.

Mayweather is sooo hard to hit. Guy is elusive. I really want to watch the fight but I don't know if I'm willing to justify the price.

Mayweather is sooo hard to hit. Guy is elusive. I really want to watch the fight but I don't know if I'm willing to justify the price.

It is kinda pricey. We got a group together and got everyone to pitch in $10 so it's not so bad.

Canelo all the way! Can't wait to see Mayweathers cocky butt get beat.

It is kinda pricey. We got a group together and got everyone to pitch in $10 so it's not so bad.

Canelo all the way! Can't wait to see Mayweathers cocky butt get beat.

I like Mayweather. I like what he did for the sport. He cut out the Don Kings who did absolutely nothing for the fighter and instead of making Don King rich, he made himself rich. I haven't seen Canelo fight before but I'd love to see a good fight.

I like Mayweather. I like what he did for the sport. He cut out the Don Kings who did absolutely nothing for the fighter and instead of making Don King rich, he made himself rich. I haven't seen Canelo fight before but I'd love to see a good fight.

Rob, for the reasons you point out for liking Mayweather....I agree. However, I've seen Canelo fight. He is hard...and smart...and I like the young man. It should be a hell of a fight. Both have their advantages. $75.00 for HD $65.00 for Standard on DirecTV.... lots of buckitos...

Well, actually it's too late now here in central Texas...

I know there are only a few boxing fans here but tonight is a long waited battle between Mayweather and Alvarez.

Have been a fan of Alvarez for long time.

I hope they aren't rushing Alvarez too soon into this fight. Maybe another year and couple other fights may have been better but it is what it is.

Alvarez is strong and you can see by this picture the size of his neck compared to Mayweather the upper body strength he has.

May Canelo come into the ring like a hurricane.

View attachment 67153589

Heya Crosscheck.....I am with you on this one. I would like to see Alvarez win too. But also a really good fight. Which there really hasn't been to many lately.

Here is what we had from the Bleacher Report.

Mayweather vs Canelo Fight: What Each Fighter Must Do to Win

hi-res-180500807_crop_north.jpg

For Mayweather, this fight will only add to a legacy that is already sensational. As one of the greatest boxers in the sports history, Money is hoping to add yet another top opponent to his list of victims and he could be in for one of the tougher challenges he's had in recent years.

Let's take a look at the specific game plan each of these fighters must follow in order to win this fight.

hi-res-180498603_crop_exact.jpg

Mayweather must keep Canelo at bay and not allow him on the inside, which he can do by establishing his jab early and often. Should Canelo penetrate Mayweather's jab, it will be of vital importance that Money keeps Canelo's devastating combos to one or two punches each time while the rest graze off an always dodging Mayweather.

hi-res-180500846_crop_exact.jpg

Canelo must get on the inside of Mayweather's defenses in order to make a difference in this bout. Canelo is clearly the superior power puncher over Money, so getting in close to land his big blows will be his best chance at ending this fight early.....snip~

Mayweather vs Canelo Fight: What Each Fighter Must Do to Win | Bleacher Report

I agree with the assessment. :boxer

I used to be the biggest boxing fan around... from the ages of 9 or 10 until into my early 50s
now I don't give 2 ****s about the sport... it's the same few dudes fighting once every two years or so, and charging way to much for the privilege of watching them.

it's a dead sport to me now, it was ruined by the fighters and their management.. and that's sad... very sad.

that said, I hope Mayweather gets pounded into a coma by.. .whatever the hell his name is ( don't tell me his name, it doesn't matter)... for the same reasons Mayweather himself used to beat up on Diego Corrales ( for beating up on women)

For those of us who aren't going to get Pay For View you can get a round by round description from this site.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez: Live Round-by-Round Updates - MMA Fighting

Most of the experts are predicting Mayweather by decision. I am still holding out hope for Alvarez.

Wished I could have done what Americanwoman done by having friends get together for the fight.

Yeah.....I was just going to put that up. ;)

Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez: Expert Predictions for Main Event

USATSI_7430681_crop_north.jpg

Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez: Expert Predictions for Main Event | Bleacher Report

hi-res-180332161_crop_650x440.jpg

Live Streaming here.....:beat

Mayweather vs. Canelo Live Streaming 1

Well Mayweather is going to make some money from this fight. Canelo 5 Mil for the straight up.

Floyd Mayweather puts his legacy and undefeated record on the line Saturday night when he steps into the ring against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Mayweather will receive a record guarantee of $41.5 million (Canelo is due $5 million) and is in line for a total payout millions more after all of the pay-per-view receipts are counted and “Money” Mayweather takes his cut. In a 17-year career full of monster paydays, it will be the biggest one yet, topping the $45 million, including his share of PPV revenue, for fighting Miguel Cotto in 2012. Mayweather’s cumulative earnings will likely hit $350 million with the Canelo fight.

300x2157.jpg

Mayweather’s take from the Canelo fight will ultimately be based on the final PPV count. Mayweather Promotions chief Leonard Ellerbe thinks Mayweather could rake in as much as $100 million from the fight, which would likely require at least three million buys. It’s an optimistic tally, but if Mayweather nets $70 million from the fight, it will push his career earnings to $350 million.

Mayweather is far from done making money with this fight. He has four fights remaining after Canelo on the six-fight deal he signed with Showtime in February. Mayweather is likely looking at more than $150 million from those bouts which would make him the half-a-billion dollar man.....snip~

Floyd Mayweather Career Earnings To Hit $350 Million With Canelo Fight - Forbes

.. .whatever the hell his name is ( don't tell me his name, it doesn't matter)...

I understand your frustration with boxing today but I think you really need to give Alvarez another look. He is the real deal.

like a zillion undercard fights apparently.

if they start this fight any later it will be tomorrow.

Tried that Live Stream but Malaware detected.

Last edited:
As usual, Mayweather's speed looks superior. 1st round looked like a lot of just feeling each other out.

Canelo is doing it right. He's patient. Unlike most of Mayweather's opponents who are determined to be the agressors... they tend to walk right into Mayweather's counter. Canelo is patient.

Looks like Mayweather is trying to bait Canelo. Alverez isn't falling for it so far. But Mayweather is now setting the pace.

Canelo just threw a pretty big low blow on a break.

12 rounds is a long way to go, good for Alvarez to be patient in first few rounds.

Mayweather this round was the defensive aggressor. Kept coming forward in defense not throwing punches. Looks like it made Canelo lose his patients and go on the attack. I think Mayweather baited him in for the counter game.

Canelo is now moving forward on Mayweather. Not a great place for him to be consistently. It's how Hatton got clocked.

So far Mayweather's speed is what is scoring it looks like.

MMA round by round link has it 3 rounds to 1 round Mayweather.

Canelo's power looks good. If and that's a big IF... if he can connect cleanly... look out.

Back
Top Bottom