• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mayor Pete Buttegieg Just Joined Joe Biden's Transition Team

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is good to see. Pete Buttegieg was in my top three pics of all the candidates who were running, glad Joe Biden is welcoming him aboard.

Buttegieg made history during his presidential run as the first openly gay candidate to launch a serious bid for the presidency. He ran a strong enough campaign that he pulled out a victory in the Iowa Caucuses, but suspended his campaign in March as the field narrowed.

Now, Buttegieg will be serving on an advisory committee for his former rival, alongside former United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice and Vivek Murthy, the former surgeon general under President Barack Obama.

Biden is beefing up his transition team as part of laying the groundwork for staffing up the White House if he defeats Trump in November. Of course, even with that preparation, the team will be presented with unprecedented challenges in addition to an ongoing pandemic, an economic crisis, and civil unrest. CNN describes Biden adviser Ted Kaufman explaining that it will be the first virtual transition in history:

“We are preparing for this transition amid the backdrop of a global health crisis and struggling economy. This is a transition like no other, and the team being assembled will help Joe Biden meet the urgent challenges facing our country on day one,” Kaufman said in a statement. “The co-chairs, advisory board, and senior staff are a diverse group of experts who are committed to helping a possible Biden-Harris administration beat the public health crisis and put Americans back to work in good-paying jobs.”

Mayor Pete Just Joined Joe Biden’s Transition Team – Mother Jones

Biden's going to have to rebuild the entire executive branch, best to get started now.

A little premature, wut?

A little premature, wut?

Projects confidence. People respond to that. It also shows he's planning ahead, the polar opposite of Trump. We could use more candidates that planned ahead.

A little premature, wut?

it may be a little too late.
The way Trump has dismantled just about every dept. of Government and put in a bunch of YES people because he doesn't want to hear the truth on how bad things have gotten and just wants to hear BS on just how great he is doing.
Rebuilding the Federal government may take years the way Trump has destroyed it
Have a nice day

That's good news. Mayor Pete was like my fourth choice, after Joe Biden who was my third choice.

it may be a little too late.
The way Trump has dismantled just about every dept. of Government and put in a bunch of YES people because he doesn't want to hear the truth on how bad things have gotten and just wants to hear BS on just how great he is doing.
Rebuilding the Federal government may take years the way Trump has destroyed it
Have a nice day

Well said, agree.

Why do you ask? You're not racist, are you?

People don't have to be racist to dislike Kamala Harris, you know. I read criticisms about her lawyer career as a district and state attorney.

I did not know anything about Harris when the Democratic caucuses/primaries began, so I have no opinions about those issues.

Last edited:
not really if you look at the violence in the streets and Trump's comment on the military
What violence? I heard over and over again from reliable news sources that there’s mainly peaceful protests. With just a few isolated incidents of protesters wanting their reparations early.

Biden's going to have to rebuild the entire executive branch, best to get started now.

I wonder how many EO's he will sign off on in the 1st month or so- I am sure the RW will go nuts on him overstepping, something

That something is the crap Trump left behind

What violence? I heard over and over again from reliable news sources that there’s mainly peaceful protests. With just a few isolated incidents of protesters wanting their reparations early.

that is past tense.... ever since the Neanderthals with iron penis took to the streets things have turned violent.

That's your opinion only.

I agree with you, he was my second choice. I voted for bernie again in this primary. I did not want to see another ho-hum middle of the road democrat. With technology advancing the way it is it's time to move forward and do things differently, check what our values really are.

Either way I think the guy is brilliant and it's show and tell time for the dems to let folks know all are welcome.

A little premature, wut?

Read an article today who parsed the numbers by States - Biden is up by 5 in his opinion, and 3 pts up makes it a horse race

Watch the money flow into Florida.

that is past tense.... ever since the Neanderthals with iron penis took to the streets things have turned violent.
Are you saying my anonymous sources don’t know what they’re saying?

As usual, you are the first one in with your garbage.

Thing is many Evangelicals and others on the right are against SSM, rights of Marriage-adoption-same with TG Rights

Are there numbers on the left that agree, yes, but not in the numbers the right has

Mayor Pete is brilliant. The man is incredible. One day, he will be President. I hope Biden picks him as our next Sec of State.

The incidents are not exactly isolated. A riot took place in George Floyd's hometown. After he died, other police stupidly killed innocent black Americans. One protest that became a riot happened in Columbus, so your own newspaper had stories about it.

Back
Top Bottom