• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mayor Nagan's incompetence strikes again

aquapub

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Calling residents back to the city by the thousands, Mayor Nagan explained his urgent desire to rush citizens back into a city that has no potable water and that still has egregiously insecure levies, as well as highly toxic, E.coli-ridden water as far as the eye can see as based on their ever-important right to find out what happened to their property-even if it kills them, apparently. This guy is an idiot. I'm sure the paranoid bigots of the black community and their race-baiting Democrat allies will also somehow find a way to blame THIS incompetent black, Democrat decision on Bush being a racist.

The rescue workers and various federal organizations involved in Katrina have largely refrained from interfering with Mayor Nagan's blatant incompetence up until now, but that is over.

Staff at FEMA, the Coast Guard's Vice Admiral, even President Bush have now spoken out about the latest mayoral act of stupidity needlessly threatening the lives of New Orleans residents once again. It is time to replace Louisiana's utter miserable failure of a Democrat regime out of there and replace them with real leaders-like Guiliani, Pataki, the Governator, etc.

Hew backed off this afternoon, but he should resign immediately before he shows more of his incompetence.

Stinger said:
Hew backed off this afternoon, but he should resign immediately before he shows more of his incompetence.

Maybe if we could get Mayor Nagin and President Bush to take an IQ test and the one with the lower score has to resign. To be fair we could even get Bush a 20 point spread. :lol:

Last edited:
Who is Mayor Nagan?

Old and wise said:
He would make a superior Vice President.:rofl

Well he's a Democrat so I guess in light of what they have to offer........

SouthernDemocrat said:
Maybe if we could get Mayor Nagin and President Bush to take an IQ test and the one with the lower score has to resign. To be fair we could even get Bush a 20 point spread. :lol:

Why do you have the impression that Bush has a low IQ, his educational record is better than the last person the Democrats ran for President. Why do you think Nagin has a low IQ, there is no evidence of that either.

Stinger said:
Why do you have the impression that Bush has a low IQ, his educational record is better than the last person the Democrats ran for President. Why do you think Nagin has a low IQ, there is no evidence of that either.

It was a joke. However, education many times has nothing to do with ones IQ. In Bush’s case, his education has more to do with his family connections than it does with actual merit as was the case with Clinton. Karl Rove is an extremely intelligent man, yet he only has a High School diploma. I don’t think Bush is an idiot, but I do agree with even his political friends when they say that many issues are completely off of his radar screen and that he has no intellectual curiosity at all. He consistently demonstrates a very poor grasp of the issues when he speaks unscripted. I just think he is a man of average intelligence. If he were to take an IQ test, I bet he would score lower than any other president in the last 100 years. That is not to say he is stupid, but is rather to say the he is of obvious average intelligence, and that most presidents could be described as brilliant.

I am not talking about whether I agree with him or not either. For example, there is very little ideologically that I agree with Dick Cheney on. Just the same, I believe that he is an extremely intelligent man.

It was a joke. However, education many times has nothing to do with ones IQ.

But most of the time it does and clearly Bush has demonstrated that he is not lacking in the IQ department, that's just a specious arguement made by those who lack anything else.

In Bush’s case, his education has more to do with his family connections than it does with actual merit

An assertion without merit.

But then Bush also became a fighter pilot, a job that does require a better than average IQ and the ability to think quickly and decisively.

as was the case with Clinton.

Yes he did pull some political strings to get into Oxford, which he left before he finished for never explained reasons. He's a smart man but not the highly intelligent man people claim he is.

Karl Rove is an extremely intelligent man, yet he only has a High School diploma.

But did attend 3 university's and taught at two.
I don’t think Bush is an idiot

How gracious of you.

but I do agree with even his political friends when they say that many issues are completely off of his radar screen and that he has no intellectual curiosity at all.

Again assertions not proven.
He consistently demonstrates a very poor grasp of the issues when he speaks unscripted.

In the eyes of those who expect it.

I just think he is a man of average intelligence. If he were to take an IQ test, I bet he would score lower than any other president in the last 100 years.

That is not to say he is stupid, but is rather to say the he is of obvious average intelligence, and that most presidents could be described as brilliant.

Again two assertions without basis.

Bush according to one analysis was in the 95th percentile on the IQ test. BTW Kerry was lower and we know Bush did better in school than Kerry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/p...=50a1bcbb16e7cf21&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

Stinger said:
But most of the time it does and clearly Bush has demonstrated that he is not lacking in the IQ department, that's just a specious arguement made by those who lack anything else.

An assertion without merit.

But then Bush also became a fighter pilot, a job that does require a better than average IQ and the ability to think quickly and decisively.

Yes he did pull some political strings to get into Oxford, which he left before he finished for never explained reasons. He's a smart man but not the highly intelligent man people claim he is.

But did attend 3 university's and taught at two.

How gracious of you.

Again assertions not proven.

In the eyes of those who expect it.

Again two assertions without basis.

Bush according to one analysis was in the 95th percentile on the IQ test. BTW Kerry was lower and we know Bush did better in school than Kerry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/politics/campaign/24points.html?ex=1256356800&en=50a1bcbb16e7cf21&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

Clinton met with Greenspan and talked macro economics with him on a weekly basis. He was a rhodes scholar. The man is described even by Newt Gingrich as a near genius.

You can't prove Bush's intelligence either way. However, give one unscripted example of anything intellectually profound that Bush has ever said? I think his first debate against John Kerry was a perfect example of the intellectual laziness that is the hallmark of the Bush presidency.

Moreover, I would argue that Nixon, Clinton, and FDR were probably the most intelligent men to have been in the Whitehouse in the last 100 years. Especially Nixon.

Last edited:
People in New Orleans are asking the Marines if we are going to liberate them from their current regime and support a new local government.

According to the Director of the US National Hurricane Center in Miami, Mayor Nagin was advised by the Center on Friday afternoon to issue an immediate evacuation order for New Orleans. Mayor Nagin did not issue his evacuation order until Sunday morning.

Clearly, this inexplicable negligence was the core catalyst of the disaster. With the recent fiasco, he has once again proved his total incompetence and should voluntarily resign his office immediately. The problem with this though, is that a Nagin resignation would also compel Howard Dean and Rev. Jackson to eat a bit of southern crow. Nah, it'll never happen.

Hey gunny did you know a lot of your boys running aroud down here were doing so with no clips in thier weapons. I really felt bad for them because a lot of the THUGS had AKs with a lot of clips. But it still straigtened out pretty quick, you would swear those THUGS were scared of a few GI JOES.:lol:

Hasn't anyone ever listened to Bushs speechs???
IQ?
2?

taxpayer said:
IQ?
2?

Just becuase one does not have the ability to speak in public as fluent as other (taxpayer, you try speaking in front of millions of people and see how you do) does not mean he is not intelligent. Bush Graduate from the toughest business school.. harvard school of business!

Some people **Cough** John Kerry **Cough** have the ability to speak very very well in front of audiances, not matter the size, and PERSIEVINGLY comes off smart, but in reality, is not!

Something you should keep in mind Mr. Taxpayer!

AK_Conservative said:
Just becuase one does not have the ability to speak in public as fluent as other (taxpayer, you try speaking in front of millions of people and see how you do) does not mean he is not intelligent. Bush Graduate from the toughest business school.. harvard school of business!

Some people **Cough** John Kerry **Cough** have the ability to speak very very well in front of audiances, not matter the size, and PERSIEVINGLY comes off smart, but in reality, is not!

Something you should keep in mind Mr. Taxpayer!

Very well said again. I will also say that Moses was a horrible orator and look what he became. I think its suffice to say you dont need to be a good pblic speaker in order to be a good leader. If being a good orator is what makes a good leader than Hitler was the best leader this planet has ever seen.

Hey gunny did you know a lot of your boys running aroud down here were doing so with no clips in thier weapons. I really felt bad for them because a lot of the THUGS had AKs with a lot of clips. But it still straigtened out pretty quick, you would swear those THUGS were scared of a few GI JOES.

Its amazing what a sight of an M16 or a M4A1 will do to the opponent. It will literally stop them in their tracks becasue even though the AK series weapons are awesome guns they are in no match for the capability of the GI's armament. Why do you think over 75%of the Iraqis army surrendurred immediately?

taxpayer said:
IQ?
2?

Well he seems to have a little better IQ than you since he has made it to be the presidency of the most powerful most richest country this world has ever seen. So I think he is just a a little smarter than all of us at this point.

GySgt said:
People in New Orleans are asking the Marines if we are going to liberate them from their current regime and support a new local government.

Yeah sounds familiar doesnt it? Gee I wonder where else has the same feelings?

fyrefighter said:
Hey gunny did you know a lot of your boys running aroud down here were doing so with no clips in thier weapons. I really felt bad for them because a lot of the THUGS had AKs with a lot of clips. But it still straigtened out pretty quick, you would swear those THUGS were scared of a few GI JOES.:lol:

Yeah, they were in Weapon's condition "4". The media would have loved to get footage of a Marine blasting away at a looter. We would have been labeled murderous thugs and then the story would have been..."Looters? What looters."

Besides, it only takes seconds to insert a mag and the threat level to military was low. It takes some balls to shoot at the military.

SKILMATIC said:
Very well said again. I will also say that Moses was a horrible orator and look what he became. I think its suffice to say you dont need to be a good pblic speaker in order to be a good leader. If being a good orator is what makes a good leader than Hitler was the best leader this planet has ever seen.

You can be a poor speaker and still demonstrate a strong grasp of issues and other signs of intelligence. Bush is a poor speaker, he consistently demonstrates a poor grasp of issues, and I can't think of a profound thing he has ever said. I can think of a lot of things that he has said unscripted though that demonstrates a total ignorance of the subject he was speaking on. For example a few weeks ago he was asked about whether or not he was concerned about the role of Islam in the Iraqi constitution and it implications for women’s rights.

His response: "is important that the draft said Islam is "not 'the' religion, but 'a' religion".

That had to have been one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard a president say in my life. It is as though he honestly thinks that several religions are used as religious sources in the Iraqi constitution. That is not case at all of course. Most presidents would have actually taken 45 minutes or so to read the draft. In Bush's case as usual, he screwed up his pre-feed sound bites. The correct answer was that Islam is not the total basis of law in the Iraqi constitution, but is instead just one of the authorities of law.

SouthernDemocrat said:
You can be a poor speaker and still demonstrate a strong grasp of issues and other signs of intelligence. Bush is a poor speaker, he consistently demonstrates a poor grasp of issues, and I can't think of a profound thing he has ever said. I can think of a lot of things that he has said unscripted though that demonstrates a total ignorance of the subject he was speaking on. For example a few weeks ago he was asked about whether or not he was concerned about the role of Islam in the Iraqi constitution and it implications for women’s rights.

His response: "is important that the draft said Islam is "not 'the' religion, but 'a' religion".

That had to have been one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard a president say in my life. It is as though he honestly thinks that several religions are used as religious sources in the Iraqi constitution. That is not case at all of course. Most presidents would have actually taken 45 minutes or so to read the draft. In Bush's case as usual, he screwed up his pre-feed sound bites. The correct answer was that Islam is not the total basis of law in the Iraqi constitution, but is instead just one of the authorities of law.

So? I think the man has issues with the connection between his brain and his mouth, but I still know what he's saying. It's called nitpicking.

And Islam will be the total authority of law in the end.

GySgt said:
So? I think the man has issues with the connection between his brain and his mouth, but I still know what he's saying. It's called nitpicking.

And Islam will be the total authority of law in the end.

I am not nitpicking, if I were nitpicking, this kind of stuff would be hard to find examples of. The man is intellectually lazy. Its not like he misspeaks, then corrects himself right afterwards. The problem is he in many cases has not taken an effort to educate himself on the issues. Agree with Dick Cheney or not, when he speaks on a subject, he obviously knows what he is talking about. He is a poor speaker, very dull, but he demonstrates a command of the issues. Bush never does unscripted. There is a reason I think why Bush has given less unscripted press conferences than any president in at least the last 100 years.

SouthernDemocrat said:
I am not nitpicking, if I were nitpicking, this kind of stuff would be hard to find examples of. The man is intellectually lazy. Its not like he misspeaks, then corrects himself right afterwards. The problem is he in many cases has not taken an effort to educate himself on the issues. Agree with Dick Cheney or not, when he speaks on a subject, he obviously knows what he is talking about. He is a poor speaker, very dull, but he demonstrates a command of the issues. Bush never does unscripted. There is a reason I think why Bush has given less unscripted press conferences than any president in at least the last 100 years.

Yeah....he's not a good speaker. Where is the mystery here?

And nitpicking is exactly what you call it when issues that are of no significance are kicked to death.

Back
Top Bottom