• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mayor Nagan's incompetence strikes again

I am not nitpicking, if I were nitpicking, this kind of stuff would be hard to find examples of. The man is intellectually lazy. Its not like he misspeaks, then corrects himself right afterwards. The problem is he in many cases has not taken an effort to educate himself on the issues. Agree with Dick Cheney or not, when he speaks on a subject, he obviously knows what he is talking about. He is a poor speaker, very dull, but he demonstrates a command of the issues. Bush never does unscripted. There is a reason I think why Bush has given less unscripted press conferences than any president in at least the last 100 years.

So what, and your point is? I am a bad typer does that make me a bad firefighter I think not. Is there something you can improve on? I think we all can find something in ourselves to improve on.

fyrefighter said:
I am not nitpicking, if I were nitpicking, this kind of stuff would be hard to find examples of. The man is intellectually lazy. Its not like he misspeaks, then corrects himself right afterwards. The problem is he in many cases has not taken an effort to educate himself on the issues. Agree with Dick Cheney or not, when he speaks on a subject, he obviously knows what he is talking about. He is a poor speaker, very dull, but he demonstrates a command of the issues. Bush never does unscripted. There is a reason I think why Bush has given less unscripted press conferences than any president in at least the last 100 years.

So what, and your point is? I am a bad typer does that make me a bad firefighter I think not. Is there something you can improve on? I think we all can find something in ourselves to improve on.

If I asked you a question about fighting fires, you might have a hard time getting the answer typed out, but you probably would answer it in such a way as to convey that you knew what you were talking about right?

SouthernDemocrat said:
You can be a poor speaker and still demonstrate a strong grasp of issues and other signs of intelligence. Bush is a poor speaker, he consistently demonstrates a poor grasp of issues, and I can't think of a profound thing he has ever said. I can think of a lot of things that he has said unscripted though that demonstrates a total ignorance of the subject he was speaking on. For example a few weeks ago he was asked about whether or not he was concerned about the role of Islam in the Iraqi constitution and it implications for women’s rights.

His response: "is important that the draft said Islam is "not 'the' religion, but 'a' religion".

That had to have been one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard a president say in my life. It is as though he honestly thinks that several religions are used as religious sources in the Iraqi constitution. That is not case at all of course. Most presidents would have actually taken 45 minutes or so to read the draft. In Bush's case as usual, he screwed up his pre-feed sound bites. The correct answer was that Islam is not the total basis of law in the Iraqi constitution, but is instead just one of the authorities of law.

It is all a matter of interpretation (or rhetoric that the democratic party brings). We are given the ability to reason and each of us thinks his/her reason is better than anyone else's.. state of human nature. You CAN NOT deny that!

If you do not understand what George Bush ment by that, i think you are pretty unintelligent. He is looking upon our constitution. We dont have any religious ties within our constitution. Though some may make policy of moral based on what they believe! I am pretty sure Bush is wanting the iraqi constitution to similar to ours (religious concerns) but i do not think that will be the case. But who knows!

That had to have been one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard a president say in my life.

I remember a quote, though i can not remember the president. Southern Demacrat, help me out here: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!" Didnt he say this many many times? LMAO

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
Clinton met with Greenspan and talked macro economics with him on a weekly basis. He was a rhodes scholar. The man is described even by Newt Gingrich as a near genius..

I heard numerous pundits say
Clinton will go down in history as one of, if not the Most Intelligent Presidents we ever had
But he will also go down as the stupidest

:rofl

Stinger said:
Well he's a Democrat so I guess in light of what they have to offer........

Just heard on the radio today
Nagin was a Rich despicable Republican until he decided to run for political office

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER

AK_Conservative said:
I remember a quote, though i can not remember the president. Southern Demacrat, help me out here: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!" Didnt he say this many many times? LMAO

that was going to be my response as well
but facts have no place in a political debate :roll: :doh

DeeJayH said:
that was going to be my response as well
but facts have no place in a political debate :roll: :doh

Yeah, but you have to admit that President Bush has stumbled over his words quite a few times. In my office, we have the news on all day over our heads. (Since 9/11, many higher echelon HQ units have made it common practice.) There is a certain build up of anxiety from us when President Bush talks on camera. We hope for a perfect speach, but we wait for the stumble. His last one that had us floored, was when he introduced the new Chairman to the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Marine General Pace). He stumbled all over an Admiral's name, that was retiring, as he introduced him. The President said that he would simply be known as Admiral "Z."

When General Pace went to address the Admiral, he called him Admiral "Z" and then turned to the President and said..."Sir, I'm entirely trainable."

We loved it.

The point is...President Bush's, mispronunciation of the Admiral's name was of no consequence. It would have been nice...sure, but it didn't change the fact of what was going on.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Yeah, but you have to admit that President Bush has stumbled over his words quite a few times. In my office, we have the news on all day over our heads. (Since 9/11, many higher echelon HQ units have made it common practice.) There is a certain build up of anxiety from us when President Bush talks on camera. We hope for a perfect speach, but we wait for the stumble. His last one that had us floored, was when he introduced the new Chairman to the Joint Chiefs of Staff (Marine General Pace). He stumbled all over an Admiral's name, that was retiring, as he introduced him. The President said that he would simply be known as Admiral "Z."

When General Pace went to address the Admiral, he called him Admiral "Z" and then turned to the President and said..."Sir, I'm entirely trainable."

We loved it.

The point is...President Bush's, mispronunciation of the Admiral's name was of no consequence. It would have been nice...sure, but it didn't change the fact of what was going on.

I cringe and groan when i watch dubya speak
I will choose somebody who is a bumbling bafoon when speaking, but actually does what he says, and says what he means
over a slick talking do nothing like his predecessor
clintons only accomplishment was not wrecking the economy
he did not cause the great economy. the Reagan years and the Computer/Internet revolution did
believe that is the private sector

DeeJayH said:
I cringe and groan when i watch dubya speak
I will choose somebody who is a bumbling bafoon when speaking, but actually does what he says, and says what he means
over a slick talking do nothing like his predecessor
clintons only accomplishment was not wrecking the economy
he did not cause the great economy. the Reagan years and the Computer/Internet revolution did
believe that is the private sector

A leader should lead...not appease. The difference between former and latter.

fyrefighter said:

Bingo, southern democrat, you really need to get a clue. You seriously arent making an ounce of sense.

GySgt said:
A leader should lead...not appease. The difference between former and latter.
Yup...I'd rather have a leader who is willing to get "down and dirty" rather than a leader who just wishes to make himself look good....

Polls be damned...I'll take "doing what's right and looking bad" over "doing nothing and looking good" anyday...

We looked like such ******s in the 90's.

GySgt said:
We looked like such ******s in the 90's.
It's amazing that so many people want to go back to that...

"Remember back when we had our eyes closed?...Those were the good 'ol days.":roll:

SKILMATIC said:
Bingo, southern democrat, you really need to get a clue. You seriously arent making an ounce of sense.

Umm, he screwed up and did not quote my post but instead just added a sentence to the end. That point about Cheney being intelligent is my point.

Once again, if Bush is such a genius, then someone on here ought to easily be able to find a great example of something profound that Bush has said while unscripted? A poor speaker is someone who might be dull, not interesting, or maybe even someone who trips over words. Bush does that, but Bush also consistently shows that he has no real grasp of the issues he is talking about. Does anyone on here honestly believe that Bush is more intelligent than Reagan, Clinton, or Bush Sr?

Last edited:
the Media & New orleans Mayor

Anyone notice how easy the Media is on the Black mayor of New Orleans.He was the Number one first responder .He put those people in those arenas with nothing.He left the buses to sink in the flood. He tried to get people to come back when all the experts said it wasn't safe.
Yet the media just lets him slide,only Fox news ever gets tough. Could it be because hes a democrat & black. Could you imagine if he was white & a Republican !

[Moderator mode]

The thread "the Media & New orleans Mayor" has been merged into this one...

[/Moderator mode]

SouthernDemocrat said:
Umm, he screwed up and did not quote my post but instead just added a sentence to the end. That point about Cheney being intelligent is my point.

Once again, if Bush is such a genius, then someone on here ought to easily be able to find a great example of something profound that Bush has said while unscripted? A poor speaker is someone who might be dull, not interesting, or maybe even someone who trips over words. Bush does that, but Bush also consistently shows that he has no real grasp of the issues he is talking about. Does anyone on here honestly believe that Bush is more intelligent than Reagan, Clinton, or Bush Sr?

It's easy to maybe be too hard on President Bush. He is the current President in our present time. It's useful to recall the burdens and endeavors of the nation's two most successful commanders in chief, Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt. - And, no, I'm not suggesting Bush is another Lincoln or Roosevelt. But even if Bush hasn't reached their lofty heights, neither has he experienced their depths of despair. We are losing one or two soldiers a day in Iraq. Lincoln lost an average of 250 daily for four years, Roosevelt 300 daily for more than 3 1/2 years. If they could overcome such numbing losses to prevail against far more formidable foes than we face now, it's ludicrous to give in to today's fashionable funk of desecrating our nations elected leader.

I never called him a genius. At work, we cringe when he gives a speech. I will say that he's bolder than the rest. He is more decisive. Only two recent American presidents had the courage needed for anti-appeasement: Reagan and Bush. Reagan ended the Cold War and Bush, supported only by the social democrat Blair acting on moral conviction, recognized the danger in the Islamic fight against democracy. His place in history will have to be evaluated after a number of years have passed. The way I see it...it's better to "destabalize" the Middle East than to to appease it's terror tactics and organization.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
. We are losing one or two soldiers a day in Iraq. Lincoln lost an average of 250 daily for four years, Roosevelt 300 daily for more than 3 1/2 years. If they could overcome such numbing losses to prevail against far more formidable foes than we face now, it's ludicrous to give in to today's fashionable funk of desecrating our nations elected leader..
there you go again
debating peoples opinions with cold hard facts;)
The softness of the American public *coughs*liberals*coughs* will be the down fall of this great nation

GySgt said:
The way I see it...it's better to "destabalize" the Middle East than to to appease it's terror tactics and organization.

I saw a great appeaser cartoon a while back
it was picture of an alligator (terrorist) eating a man (spain)
appeasement is a tactic of the weak and it will only come back to haunt you down the road

SouthernDemocrat said:

Again who cares if he can speak eloquently or not. Einstein was a genius but had no common sense and had a hard time conveying his ideas to others. Again just casue you cant speak doesnt mean you dont know.

And to me I beleive that clinton was more intelligent however, I would rather have the dumbest person as a leader that means well(Bush) then the smartest person as a leader who doesnt mean well(clinton).

Out of your list I would say Cinton was the smartest by far. But Clinton caused more problems for this country than any other president in the last 50years. Alot of the problems that we have today is due to Clintons apathy.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Maybe if we could get Mayor Nagin and President Bush to take an IQ test and the one with the lower score has to resign. To be fair we could even get Bush a 20 point spread. :lol:

Gee, once again, can't resist attacking President Bush when the incompetant fool in question is the Mayor of New Orleans. Besides, of President Bush isn't smart enough, what does that make Senator Kerry, who didn't exactly outshine Bush at Yale.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Clinton met with Greenspan and talked macro economics with him on a weekly basis.

An assertion without proof.

A More Frequent Visitor

Greenspan's White House Trips Increased Sharply in Recent Years

By Nell Henderson
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 27, 2004; Page E01

Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's visits to the White House and meetings with top administration officials increased sharply after President Bush took office in January 2001, according to records released to an academic researcher under the Freedom of Information Act.

He was a rhodes scholar.

Yes he had political connections that got him a trip to Oxford, but please tell us did he graduate and if not why not?

The man is described even by Newt Gingrich as a near genius.

You can't prove Bush's intelligence either way.

I already did and cited the source which remains unrebutted.

I think his first debate against John Kerry was a perfect example of the intellectual laziness that is the hallmark of the Bush presidency.

And he did much better than Gore in all the others.

Moreover, I would argue that Nixon, Clinton, and FDR were probably the most intelligent men to have been in the Whitehouse in the last 100 years. Especially Nixon.

OK then present your arguements, so far you haven't provided much for Clinton. He certainly did a lot of dumb things.

Stinger said:
An assertion without proof.

A More Frequent Visitor

Greenspan's White House Trips Increased Sharply in Recent Years

By Nell Henderson
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 27, 2004; Page E01

Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's visits to the White House and meetings with top administration officials increased sharply after President Bush took office in January 2001, according to records released to an academic researcher under the Freedom of Information Act.

Yes he had political connections that got him a trip to Oxford, but please tell us did he graduate and if not why not?

I already did and cited the source which remains unrebutted.

And he did much better than Gore in all the others.

OK then present your arguements, so far you haven't provided much for Clinton. He certainly did a lot of dumb things.

Now lets get back on topic here. Nagin is a retard and he is a mental disorder. See what liberalism brings to people. It brings death and destruction. Louisiana is liberal and look what hapened. It was a catastrphe. Look what happened in texas where it is republican. Everyone virtually got our safe and sound and the city was saved and they had levys too so no excuses. You see the difference between mental disorders(liberals) and conservatives(common sense people)? I beleive there is a major difference and personally I chose the side that wants to save lives. Houston is home to more than 2.8million and is the 4th largest city in the US. Now how come this was handled alot better? :doh

SKILMATIC said:
Now lets get back on topic here. Nagin is a retard and he is a mental disorder. See what liberalism brings to people. It brings death and destruction. Louisiana is liberal and look what hapened. It was a catastrphe. Look what happened in texas where it is republican. Everyone virtually got our safe and sound and the city was saved and they had levys too so no excuses. You see the difference between mental disorders(liberals) and conservatives(common sense people)? I beleive there is a major difference and personally I chose the side that wants to save lives. Houston is home to more than 2.8million and is the 4th largest city in the US. Now how come this was handled alot better?

Since NO was bushs fault
i guess bush didnt get involved in texas to make things screwed up like NO
or maybe it had to do with the following 2 pics

HOUSTON

houston.jpg

NEW ORLEANS

no.jpg

But of course these flooded buses are Bush's fault too:doh

DeeJayH said:
Since NO was bushs fault
i guess bush didnt get involved in texas to make things screwed up like NO
or maybe it had to do with the following 2 pics

HOUSTON

houston.jpg

NEW ORLEANS

no.jpg

But of course these flooded buses are Bush's fault too:doh

Hurricane 'Rita' slapped Bush haters in the face everywhere. Great post. I doubt you'll get a response from the left. At least not one of integrity.

GySgt said:
Hurricane 'Rita' slapped Bush haters in the face everywhere. Great post. I doubt you'll get a response from the left. At least not one of integrity.

the credit for the pictures go to http://www.michellemalkin.com
my only regular blog stop on the web
something about that hot little thing even with a lazy eye

Back
Top Bottom