• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mayor: Israeli forces confiscate land near Hebron

You obviously haven't the foggiest idea what the term ethnic clensing actully means, because it is Arabs who have clensed 99% of Jews from their land who have actually engaged in the practice.

This is just yet another hackneyed and very predictable attempt at turnspeak whereby the accusation is leveled against the target in order to support the actual perpetrator of such.

You're either making an illogical implication that Jews can't be the perpetrators of ethnic cleansing if they themselves have been victims of it, or else you're simply changing the subject. Either way, you're on the wrong side of the law if you think it's open season on Palestinians just because they lost a war.

Last edited:
You're either making an illogical implication that Jews can't be the perpetrators of ethnic cleansing if they themselves have been victims of it, or else you're simply changing the subject. Either way, you're on the wrong side of the law if you think it's open season on Palestinians just because they lost a war.

I said no such thing. I simply pointed out a TRUE case of ethnic clensing.

If you are to mimic all the loaded buzz phrases you read at the anti-Israel sites that have been designed to elicit an emotional reaction like this, then you should be prepared to have your little buzz phrases challenged.

I said no such thing. I simply pointed out a TRUE case of ethnic clensing.

If you are to mimic all the loaded buzz phrases you read at the anti-Israel sites that have been designed to elicit an emotional reaction like this, then you should be prepared to have your little buzz phrases challenged.

I'm more than prepared...I'm hoping and waiting.

Considering that the West Bank was rightfully won by Israel, is considered occupied territory that by all rights at this point should belong to Israel and they could've annexed it into them already if htey wished, and its through Israel's allowance that the Palestinians are able to act with self governance there I'm having a hard time getting hugely bothered by this or believing these people have a "right" to anything with regards to the land.
How exactly was the territory "rightfully won by Israel"? Do I need to remind you of UNSRC242?
United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 - Wikisource
Emphasizing the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security,
So how exactly did Israel "rightfully win" this territory? With that logic, Hitler "rightfully won" Poland, Hungary, France, etc.
Also, from the same resolution:
1. Affirms that the fulfilment of Charter principles requires the establishment of a just and lasting peace in the Middle East which should include the application of both the following principles:

(i) Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict;

(ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force;
In case you don't know Article 25 of the UN Charter:
The Avalon Project : United Nations Charter; June 26, 1945
The Members of the United Nations agree to accept and carry out the decisions of the Security Council in accordance with the present Charter.

They abdicated that right when they refused to agree to have the land designated to them legally back in the 1940's, choosing to go to war instead. If you offer to split something with me and you refuse and demand we go double or nothing, you can't come back later after you lose and go "Its my right to have my half!".
The partition of the land was in direct contradiction of the UN Charter. Not once were the inhabitants of the land (be it Druze, Christian, Jew, Muslim) consented about the future plans of the territory. This is actually in the Arab League Declaration on the Invasion of Palestine:
First: That the rule of Palestine should revert to its inhabitants, in accordance with the provisions of the Covenant of the League of Nations and [the Charter] of the United Nations and that [the Palestinians] should alone have the right to determine their future.

The hilarity of Europe, a land where many countries have their present day borders in part because of wars and conflicts that won it for them, complaining about Israel taking action in land it conquered after being ATTACKED is thick with irony. Only with regards to Israel have I ever seen a situation where countries choosing to attack it, and then lose, somehow still have rights and claims to that which they lost.
Name one country in Europe that conquered and annexed a territory post-United Nations establishment. There is none. There is no such thing as acquisition of territory by force. The acquisition of territory by force is an occupation. You know, kind of like occupied Poland, occupied Hungary, occupied France...

How exactly was the territory "rightfully won by Israel"? Do I need to remind you of UNSRC242?
United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 - Wikisource

So how exactly did Israel "rightfully win" this territory? With that logic, Hitler "rightfully won" Poland, Hungary, France, etc.
Also, from the same resolution:...
Again: Resolution 242 Says the OPPOSITE of what you claim.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...n-242-1967-borders-illegal-even-occupied.html
and ran for more than a month-- and revived even after.. UNCONTESTED by Degreez.

That res, in fact, fully foresaw a buffer in favor of Israel and withdrawal only to NEW "secure and recognized" borders.

Last edited:
Stealing Palestinians land on one hand and making yourself look like a partner of peace is truly deceptive.It's no wonder Palestinians don't trust Israel.

These people have every right to be angry, don't you think.

What a cruel and heartless crime, almost 10% of their land taken, it was already a meager amount of land to start with. Where is the justice? Is stealing one's land and livelihood not terrorrism?

Stop spewing propaganda.

Name one country in Europe that conquered and annexed a territory post-United Nations establishment. There is none. There is no such thing as acquisition of territory by force. The acquisition of territory by force is an occupation. You know, kind of like occupied Poland, occupied Hungary, occupied France...

Depending on how you view the conflict, the split of Yugoslavia was probably the closest Europe came to that situation post-UN.

I don't want to stride across threads but the relative peace in Europe since the formation of the UN is one of the achievements of that organisation.

Stealing Palestinians land on one hand and making yourself look like a partner of peace is truly deceptive.It's no wonder Palestinians don't trust Israel.

These people have every right to be angry, don't you think.

What a cruel and heartless crime, almost 10% of their land taken, it was already a meager amount of land to start with. Where is the justice? Is stealing one's land and livelihood not terrorrism?

What Palestine needs is more lobbyists in Washington, more than Israel. That's the only way to get recognition. Then they could start their own propaganda blitz and convince people that they are the persecuted ones.

ricksfolly

Back
Top Bottom