• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mayonnaise spill on Japanese highway leads to car pile up

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Didnt this happen in CHiPs? or Dukes of Hazard? Or Knight Rider? Or the A-Team? :roll:

A bizarre and potentially tragic incident of mayonnaise bottles spilled on a highway in western Japan led to a series of vehicle accidents just after midnighton September 25th.
According to Japanese news reports, boxes containing dozens of 500 gram bottles of mayonnaise were scattered over a 300 meter stretch of a two-lane bypass highway in Hyogo prefecture. Since mayonnaise is generally produced from a combination of eggs, vegetable oil, and vinegar, the spilled products essentially created a large oil slick on the roadway. Eight vehicles, starting with a motorcycle, and followed by several cars and trucks, crashed after skidding out in the mess.
Three people, including the motorcyclist, were reported to have sustained light injuries, and a 3.5 kilometer stretch of the highway between two exits was blocked off for nearly five hours while the accidents and mayonnaise were cleaned up.
Local police believe the mayonnaise boxes likely fell out of a delivery truck, which went unnoticed by the vehicle’s driver. While no suspect in the cause of the spill has been found, police are investigating based on the mayonnaise manufacturing information. Charges for failure to properly prevent fallen items could be dealt.
Read more news from Japanby the Japan Headlines Examiner

I knew mayonnaise was evil!

Terrible joke that my religion teacher told me my freshman year in high school.

"Class why were the Mexicans upset that the iceberg sunk the Titanic? Because it sinko de mayo."

Back
Top Bottom